I've ordered about 6 pieces of furniture from Overstock.com....liked all but this one. The color was so far off from the description & photo but the worst thing were the feet. When they screw in, they are crooked, not straight like the photo. Every other piece of furniture, we've loved from Overstock.com. I talked w/ someone about it at the phone # I called. They sent me more plastic washers that did not help the feet. Sorry! I still love the chair in the photo!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? way off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. everything good except the feet would only screw in crooked...looks awful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair...
These chairs are great. They arrived very timely (2 or 3 days) nicely boxed. All parts were there. Easy assembly. Sturdy. Elegant. My only comment is that "charcoal" is the wrong description. They are light grey; nothing close to charcoal. In fact, if you have accidentally sent me the the light grey chairs in place of the charcoal chairs, send the charcoal chairs and I'll return the light grey ones. That would be my only negative comment. I like shopping at Overstock and have had good experiences overall. Just be a little more careful in your color descriptions and photographs. Thanks for the great service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much lighter than photograph. In fact, I wouldn't use the name "charcoal" at all...it's light grey; nothing close to charcoal
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. I like the chairs. Although lighter in color than I wanted, I can make them work. The quality is very good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Everything was accurate except the color. It's nothing close to "charcoal"....in fact, if you sent the wrong one, send me the charcoal chairs and I'll trade you back.
Overall very nice chair. I bought two, they shipped quick and very easy to asemble (did it myself). Stylish and modern -- the only thing I would point out, the color on the site makes it out to be a much darker grey, but its really a heather-grey color, but still very nice and they compliment my room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The site shows a darker color. The chair is more in the heather-grey color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, very modern stylish.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, the color thing was the actual color, but heather grey is fine.
This was my first ever Overstock purchase and I am VERY pleased! The whole process has been positive. I ordered 2 chairs for our living/dining room (sort of a small 'great room'). I wanted something comfortable yet not too big. The chairs were as described and also as most reviewers described. The seats are sizeable, so comfortable, but they are not too large & overwhelming. They would go great in just about any decor as they can be dressed up with pillows to fit your style. I use a PC and the color shown on my screen was the color received! The shipping was awesome, they arrived within a week of being ordered, in good condition and well packaged. Putting them together was pretty easy. Like a lot of "you assemble" furniture I had to do a little fanagaling to get all the nuts & bolts to tighten correctly, but it was nothing I couldn't do with the tool provided (and a little elbow grease). I love my chairs, and will be a returning Overstock customer!!
I ordered two of these to put in front of my fireplace. I wanted something with a low back that didn't block the fireplace. The chairs have a nice wide seat and are fairly comfortable. My kids often push the two chairs together and use it as a sofa for watching movies. The set is deep so that works well. Good quality and right price!
Perfect for corner of bedroom, added some white furry pillows to complete the look I needed. Chair is not soft enough to use as a chair that would be sat in regularly. Also it sits low to the ground. Very nice and wide, recommend use as accent only.
I rely heavily on reviews posted by previous buyers and wanted to provide the same courtesy to other potential buyers. This chair is exactly as described and pictured. Not sure why so many said the color was off. Absolutely no green in the material. Dark gray and very durable and soft fabric. I purchased the chair to put in a corner of our guest room for a reading nook and it's perfect. Large enough to curl up with a book and yet it fits nicely into the space in the corner. The chair arrived quickly with easy assembly. Everything lined up perfect and all parts were included. This chair is an incredible value for what you receive. I am addicted to Overstock.com and will continue to use it as my first source when shopping.
I got 2 chairs and they are just lovley they are just like the picture and the color is in deed charcoal gray some of the reviews had stated they were light gray but they are not . They arrived in a timely manor I live in a third floor walk up a very small apartment and I put them together for a small sofa and the look is perfect I had a chair that I had purchased also from overstock almost 2years ago ,looks great. I like furniture that is easy to move because I enjoy moving about every 3years or so I feel if a person lives there entire life in one place they have missed a great deal of there life and the chance to learn of new culturs and meet people in all walks of life . I never look in stores for furniture they have nothing and are overpriced and the delivery charges are just crazy . I love overstock.
I actually bought 2 of these chairs from my daughter. she had just purchased them from Overstock when she found out that she was moving. The chairs were new, but I did not realize that the back legs were not seated squarely on the base and slanted inward. If you would sit on the chair, the back legs most likely would have broken away from the base. My husband said that even a metal 'L' bracket would not help as there was no place to screw the bracket into to support the back legs. In reading other reviews, I noticed that this had happened before. After having a chair in my living room that I could not used, I saw the chair on Overstock a year later. At any rate, I ordered a new chair. I do like these chairs and do find them comfortable. I just wish I would have read the reviews a year ago and noticed the back legs so that I could have returned the one chair instead of having to buy another. Karen
We needed a small sofa for a 2nd floor apartment. Bought two of these chairs as a mini-sectional and they were perfect! Easy to get upstairs and - placed together - they work great as a couch. Color is nice, but lighter than charcoal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is not really charcoal, but a rich gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are solid and look much more expensive than their actual cost.