Although I saw reviews saying assembly was difficult, I found it to be a breeze. No tools required, and even if you take the stickers off of the pieces, they all look different, and the instructions are illustrated so it is very easy to figure out. Even if there were no instructions, it should be a breeze for almost anyone. The couch was firm, but I thought it would be by the way it looked in the picture, and I was expecting it. Personally I find that comfortable, and know it will hold up better over time. If you are looking for a plush couch that you fall into upon sitting, look elsewhere. It was longer than it looked in the picture, but that is perfectly fine by me, and if you physically measure beforehand, it shouldn't be a problem for you. My only qualm would be with the delivery guy leaving it under my carport without even knocking on the door to see if I was there, but that is an issue with UPS, not Overstock or the product manufacturer. I am extremely satisfied with this product and would love to see more pieces added to this set. I give this product 5 stars!
This sofa is affordable and super comfortable. I was also relieved to see that it's not cheap and tacky-looking. I like the color and, at 8 months pregnant, I like that it's a little bit firm for added back support. My husband and I both think it's the most comfortable couch we've had yet. The best part is that it doesn't show tons of cat hair- we have a huge tabby cat and it's very easy to vacuum or lint-roll the fur from this couch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The couch looks great for now. I love the color. I like how it looks. I personally find it quite comfortable, but I understand some people would prefer the type of couch you sink into - and this is not that. The issues I have are these: One piece came damaged - there was a ding in the wood that I had to fix with wood glue. I also had to break out my drill to put it together as the part into which one screws the legs did not align with the hole that was provided. I was then further disappointed when I opened up the cushion box and discovered that the cushions are NOT in fact double sided. I probably would have returned it if it hadn't been so much work up until then to put it together, and if I hadn't already used a drill and glue to make that happen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It isn't particularly high quality, but you're also paying less than $500 for it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate, but the customer care people got it wrong on whether the couch cushions could be flipped - they cannot.
Wow. When it arrived in two boxes and in multiple pieces, I panicked. I am NOT good at assembling furniture. However, I was greatly relieved that these pieces snapped into place (no tools required). In all honesty, my mother and aunt assembled it for me, lol. But they did it in 15 mins. Anyway, this couch is lovely!! It's well built, nice and firm and sturdy and surprisingly comfortable to sleep on. I only hope Overstock sells or will sell a matching loveseat because now I really need one!
Nice coach; looks good and cushions are stiff. Should last more than others with poor cushioning. Assembly was a breeze; don't pay attention to other complaints that instructions were hard to follow. It took longer to unpack it from the two boxes than it did to assemble.
I like the way this sofa looks, but that's the only thing I like about it. I've had it for 4 months now, and the cushions are becoming flat and misshapen. It's not comfortable at all, and if I take a nap on it, I wake up with a backache. I'm not a huge person (5'3" and 120 lbs), so there's no reason for the sofa cushions to wear down so quickly. I plan to buy a new sofa in a year or so. I've grown to hate this one. It came it 2 boxes (one of which was VERY heavy). I put it together by myself, and it wasn't too difficult (though not all of the pieces fit together perfectly). You get what you pay for. I'd recommend paying a few hundred more and getting something that you'll still want in 6 months.
I was so dissapointed with this sofa, My husband put it together and had to open up holes that should have been there, the back of the sofa took forever to get it lined up. Once it was completed I sat on it and it felt like I was sitting on a board. My young son said "Mom this sofa is hard". We took it loose and UPS was back at my door the next day to return it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is horrible, I was like sitting on a board
I love this sofa, it's the perfect size: not overly stuffed and huge but still long enough to seat 3 people comfortably. It's the right level of firmness too, great support for your back and ridiculously easy to fall asleep on, even for a whole night. I love that it's not low to the ground, makes the sofa great for anyone with sciatica problems or who are taller.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched appropriately, a nice charcoal gray/brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, the hard ware to put it together didn't seem like the highest quality but it's held together very well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
Since I just wanted something to stage my home for sale this fit the bill...if I were planning on keeping it for personal use I would have had them replace the second arm piece which came damaged....I will still order from Overstock because they have a good track record with us...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. First shipment multiple pieces were damaged....on both wooden arms, the lower front piece and one of the cushions...O replaced them asap and even though there was a small gouge on one of the arms we elected not to contact them and I just covered it up....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
Overall the couch was exactly what I wanted. Long. Deep seats. Color is dark. Espresso fits the descriptions perfectly. Cushions are firm. A little too firm at first but very nice. The problem was the couch is held together with plastic clamps. Two of which came broken in the box. We were able to get replacements from overstock (great customer service) but when we put those on, after about a week of sitting in the couch those too broke. Now my boyfriend is VERY handy. And this couch was simple for him to put together. For the price we like the couch but will have to invest in our own hardware in order to keep this together and make this work. Very disappointed at the overall craftsmanship. Also, there were dings in the wood arm rest area. Still need to call overstock about this but these are very noticeable gouges. I suggest you thoroughly inspect the pieces and take your time with this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Couch is comfortable. Firm seats and back. Parts came broken. Will need to purchase L brackets to keep it together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The sofa was not eacy to put togethyer and even more important it didn't go together as described.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The back did not go into the bracket for it at all well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
This couch seems to be of really good quality. A bit firm for sure, but will hope that it softens with time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well - it's definitely charcoal
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very good - pretty comfortable, very firm, but am hoping that will soften with time.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good description! took about 30 mins for me to assemble
this sofa is firm yet comfortable, nice color but it was a bit darker than the one pictured. Note: when unpacking the pieces make sure you do not remove the little stickers (D1, D2, etc), they look like the small stickers that quality control people put on items but in fact you need them to put it together properly. I made the mistake of removing them before hand, but even if they had been there I think it still would have been difficult to put this sofa together because the directions are poor. Took about an hour to assemble with another person and came in 2 gigantic boxes. Good deal for having a sofa delivered to your door for only 2.95 shipping!
The stairway entrance to my basement is a measly 25 inches so to find a sofa that comes in pieces is just wonderful. It is a really great piece with very firm cushions. The first one delivered had damages to the wood areas and a stain on the cushion (ugh), but Overstock was very responsive in sending a replacement. Assemble was a breeze, took us 10 minutes after we sorted the pieces. We get a ton of compliments when our friends come by,
I loved this couch--it was super comfy and looked very regal! That was until one of the plastic corner pieces fell off about a month into having it. I had Overstock replace it, which they did extremely quickly; but it broke again. Also, about another month in, one of the pieces on the other side fell apart as well. I love this couch and I'm only in my apartment for another few months and don't want to have to buy a new one, but it's being held up by bricks I bought at Home Depot right now...probably not worth the amount I spent on it.
I've had this couch for about a year now, and had been happy with it up until a few months ago. The cushions rest on a flat plane that runs the length of the couch. This plane is supported by two small blocks of wood, hammered into either side of the couch under the arm rests. Already one of these blocks has fallen out, and keeps coming out even though I nail it back in. Very flimsy work. I wish I had listened to older reviews since I will either need to pay for someone to properly reinforce this couch, or I'll have to buy another couch. There is no central support beam either, which might have prevented this problem.
I recently moved into an apartment and needed some furniture. My one bedroom apartment is a little over 700 sqft so I needed a smaller sofa that looked decent and would be easy to put together. Well this sofa fits all the criteria. I am 55 and about 5-foot 8-inches --why I say that is because it took me all of about 20 minutes to put it together. The hardest part was lining up the back piece into the brackets on either end by myself--if I had someone else to help me it would have taken about 10 minutes to get it all together. The items were beautifully packaged and the instructions were easy to follow. I purchased two modern print feather pillows to add to the two gray ones that came with it. As others have noted it is not a soft squishy cushioned couch. However, it is comfortable. Is it the greatest sofa ever? No. But for the low price, quality, and ease of putting it together you can't go wrong!