What a royal pain in the a$$ to put together. First, the main structure that holds the unit from the bottom was bent considerably. This affected the remainder of the construction of the grill. In addition, the pre-existing holes and the screws are not compatible friendly. I spent a few days putting it together for this reason alone. Should have only taken 2 hours max, but many dropped screws later and screws that won't full go in more than half way, it is done. I would pay a few extra dollars and buy it from the local hardware store where it is already built.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent material, all metal.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Above Average. Main structure was bent which made it hard to align and affected the rest of the construction
The front panel had some dings and the side burner grill rack was misshapen and did not fit. I went on line to Char Broil and ordered a new one at $8.95 and paid an additional $8 for shipping. The stainless steel cover was slightly misshapen on one edge but not noticeable unless you really looked for it. Overall, it was an incredible value. The same grill at Home Depot would have been twice the price. I am extremely happy with getting the item, assembling it myself and having an attractive, useful product for nearly half the price. Yeah Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much nicer than the picture on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, it was an incredible value.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? There was not enough information on the site to see exactly what was purchased.
I bought this as a gift for my husband for father's day. I was able to read the directions and put it all together myself, which I usually do not do. It is a beautiful grill, but my only complaint is that it gets really hot and stays hot, regardless of what the flame height is. I have to do most of my cooking on the upper shelf, sometimes with foil on it so it doesn't burn. I've had to make some adjustments on it for it to cook more slowly.
The grill itself is fine. We had 2 different grills delivered. Both grills came damaged with the boxes already open. With overstock approval, my husband was able to assemble 1 complete grill. It was a big pain, then we had to return the 120lb box to a UPS pickup. That was the whole reason we opted to buy one on line so it could be delivered. Even after all the problems, overstock did nothing. Helen R
Ordered this grill mainly because of the delivery to home. Because my husband is disabled, I had to assemble myself. Followed instructions step by step and very proud to say grill works and looks great! Only help needed was neighbor helping to pick up and set on stand. Otherwise, I did all the assembly myself. I am a 67 year old woman, yeah!!!! Strong BTU's cook food quickly and hold in juices. Highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, low price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly matched description
Was very easy to put together and it looks more expensive in person then it looks on site. I'm always satisfied with the products I purchase from O.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes it did compare
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on target
Bought the grill and was missing a part. OVERSTOCK says they can't help with the replacement part because I ordered the item over 30 days ago. Yes I ordered the part over 30 days ago. It was a christmas gift for my mother. I had it weeks prior to christmas. She actually had a gift to open because I ordered it early. What a shame overstock refuses to assit with replacment parts. The one part is available for purchase for $40. Buyer beware!
We bought this grill for my daughter and son-n-law. After doing the grill work for them, my husband said we should buy this for ourselves (we need a new one). I think that says it all. My husband is very fussy about his grilling...lol.
It is not the easiest to assemble, however, once it was assembled I was pleased. This is great grill especially for the price, and it's easy to use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate