There is only one other bed that I have ever had in my entire life that comes close to the level of comfort that I am able to achieve with the Celline Modern Brown Queen-size Bed, and it was shaped like a race car. And I was three years old. Now, decades later, I have the modest, modern and decidely more mature Cellini queen-size bed. And though I may no longer dream of being a race car driver, it fits me -- and the vaguely quasi-Scandinavian décor of my home -- like the drivers seat of a 1953 Maserati A6GCS. Vroom.
This Cellini bed was a great purchase. We got it for our guest bedroom. It was extremely easy and fun to assemble and it has ample storage space underneath, which is a nice added bonus. It arrived earlier than we expected in boxes that were nicely packed with good protective packing material. Our guests have reported that the bed is very nice and we love the way it looks in our guest room.
I am very happy with my new bed. It is so sleek and modern, but still warm and inviting. I've gotten lots of compliments on it. I was able to put it together by myself (although a second person certainly would have helped in the process). The frame is heavy and feels very sturdy. I like that there's a middle rail under the bed to offer extra support. I was skeptical about buying such a large piece of furniture sight unseen, but Overstock has proved me wrong yet again. Another great purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described, a very pretty grey fabric, and warm wood tone
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality has exceeded my expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was just as described.
Love this new bed. It is solid and has a clean modern look
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The upholstery was kindof a grey/brown. It looks good but I was expecting a lighter grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality. There are some defects in the wood veneer but it still looks nice overall
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate
I cannot rave more than enough about this purchase. It was a definite good buy. My style is mid-century minimalist so this bedframe was perfect. I was drawn to the price mainly as I've been going through different sites from room and board, design within reach, crate & barrel, even wright20.com. Their prices were over a grand. after the price, I read the reviews and the q&a about the product and was satisfied with it. I mean for its price, you can't go wrong. So it's 5 stars for: 1. price, 2. quality (sturdy and heavy) 3. aesthetics. AND 10 stars for the customer service (shout-out to eric and mary). Did i mention free shipping too?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as presented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. topnotch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? extremely
Took awhile for the bed to arrive, the freight carrier damaged the cartons during transfer to the delivery agent. They refused it and Overstock sent a new one without any effort from us. Nice customer service! The second bed arrived during the holidays without incident. Well packaged on a skid banded and shrink wrapped. Delivery agent put it in our garage and we unpackaged. Much better than expected, solid heavy wood, quality hardware, intuitive to assemble, they even provided the hex keys! Looks great! Couldn't be happier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Brown wood stain a little darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, solid wood with well designed hardware fittings
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I bought the Cellini modern bed in January and love the way it looks in my bedroom. The frame itself is high quality, fits with the midcentury feel of my bedroom and looks awesome. However, if you buy this frame, know that you will likely have to find a different solution for the slats. They come in two pieces with plastic connectors and a freestanding, flimsy piece of wood that goes into the center. The result? The mattress falls down occasionally because the slats collapse. Granted, this could be because our dog sometimes runs under the bed, but it's still disappointing that the company dropped the ball on what is otherwise a great product. We replaced the slats with ones we made ourselves and it's working great now. I still think the bed is a great value and you can't beat the shipping costs from Overstock, but just be forewarned.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly Darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Frame - high quality; Slats - poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I have ordered many things from Overstock and have never been disappointed. Shipping was fast (7 days) and the product was just as promised. The boxes arrived all torn up, but no damage to the contents. There were no instructions for assembly, but it was pretty obvious how the pieces should go. My only complaint was that I had to really hammer in the slats and some of the wood on the side piece seperated. I just assumed that the side piece of the frame was one solid piece of wood, but it's actually 2 pieces glued together. With prolonged hammering of all the slats, the 2 pieces came apart a little. It didn't damage the stability of the bed, but I was a little disappointed in it. Never the less, the rest of the bed appears to be solid wood and feels very sturdy. it looks great in my guestroom!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
beautiful bed... seems to be of good quality and is very comfortable.... as other reviews have mentioned, it doesn't come with directions, but after figuring out the assembly, it wasn't too tricky.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate as far as the wood goes... i would describe the fabric as a greyish mocha color... i'm not picking up any green hues at all.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
I searched for the right bed for years and finally found it! The bed is modern and cozy, extremely sturdy, and very comfortable. I love it and am Thrilled with this purchase. Here are a few things to note: The slats are a little tough to hammer in, but in all the assembly was fairly straightforward despite lack of instructions. We have a very firm mattress on top and the slat design makes the bed feel softer than if on a box spring, so just be aware . It worked out well for us since our mattress was a little too firm to begin with. One more thing about the slats- I can't imagine being able to take them out once hammered in, so the bed won't be easy to move. If you're considering this bed, go for it.. I sleep so much better now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very hugh
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
I am a furniture snob. I buy usually very high end designer furniture. I needed a new bed for one of our boys bedrooms. I shopped around and couldn't find anything I liked. I had already purchased a bed from Design Within Reach and wanted something different and not quite as expensive. This was it! The quality is very good. The color is exactly what I was looking for. It was very easy to assemble. I am a 50's ish female and I put the bed together with minimal help from my son (he just helped me move it to the bedroom). He loves it and I love. it. Right now there is just a mattress on it, we are having a low profile box spring delivered in two days. My husband says it needs the box spring. Hopefully, it won't make the bed too high. I think it's fine without the box spring, though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Right off the bat, I knocked off 1 star b/c the veneered portion between the two sections where the wood on the headboard changes angle wasn't perfect-- at first I freaked b/c I thought it was cracked. That being said, any mattress more than 8" will cover it so it should be pretty much a non-issue. The tiny portion that will show on either side of the mattress can be touched up with a stain pen. That said, let's talk about all the greats! Shipped REALLY fast. Had it in 11 days... not too bad for freight! Packaged very well. I had to then move it another 5 hours to get it to it's final destination. Opened it up and everything looked great with the minor exception of what I noted above. The color of the wood was spot on, as was the upholstery compared to the picture. The description described it as multi-hued hazel, but it's pretty darn grey. Either way, I was good with it and actually am pleased it turned out to be on the (very) grey side of hazel. The style is great and the fact that the head and footboard are supported by the entire width of the bed as opposed to spindly legs makes it seem really sturdy. I should also mention that I had a 39" window sill that I wanted the headboard to fit underneath. I was a bit leery b/c it was advertised as being just shy of 39". It was PERFECT. Kudos to the people who took accurate measurements. The only other negative was that it completely lacked any assembly directions, but it really wasn't that hard to assemble. Didn't even need a rubber mallet-- just a hammer. Just hammer the middle slat connector piece in place-- the sides will fall into place. Oh-- I'm only 5'3" and female and total time from unpackaging, moving this piece to the second floor (hardest partb/c the headboard is heavy) and assembly took less than 2 hours for a fairly-experienced DIY-er. I am super happy with this purchase and would recommend it highly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dimensions were spot on
This is an overstock success story! This bed is absolutely spectacular and no wonder it sold out. We bought the last one. It is super heavy, sturdy, and made of real solid wood. The back support is very comfortable and ergonomic. It's perfect lean against when reading in bed as it supports the head perfectly. The only issues were: A tiny piece of the bed was broken upon delivery but it was a back piece so we didn't make a fuss. Delivery: The delivery guy was extremely rude and didn't help us carry the bed to the 4th floor. Not sure what the 'special-large-items' delivery was all about if he left it in the lobby and ran off.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, seems to last for a long time.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
GORGEOUS bed. LOVE it. So stylish. As a fan of modern/vintage/Danish furniture I was so happy to find this bed. I just wish the stain was a bit lighter like in the photo because that would better match more of the vintage pieces I have. That said, the darker stain is still quite lovely and it's definitely not super dark. I still can't believe how sturdy it is, definitely seems like a bed you'd find on Crate and Barrel for $1500. The directions are horrible. Only a few photos and no words. Though, with some brains you can figure out what to do with the slats and how to install them. It was a pain to put the slats together though. Need strong hands to push the connections into the wood. I am a girl so it took me a while to find the proper spot to put all of my efforts and at what angle. Anyway, I figured it out and it was worth it. Overall it was pretty easy to assemble and once you tighten the rails to the head and foot boards this bed is solid as a rock. BE AWARE - the manufacturer clearly has workers that don't pay attention when they are putting parts together. I had to have new items shipped to me because they weren't fully made properly on the assembly line. It only took a week or so for Overstock to get the warehouse to correct the issue. In fact, Overstock was AMAZING in dealing with this. If I had ordered from another type of discount site I probably would have still been waiting for parts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is a little darker than shown online. The wood a bit darker and the grey is a bit darker.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazingly solid, sturdy, with no squeaking or moving
This is a really solid piece of furniture that looks and feels great. The design has a feeling of mid-century Scandinavian design, thanks to the simple, graceful lines and light colored wood. And the construction certainly seems up to par with that inspiration. The hazel twill padded headboad is an especially nice touch. My bedroom has been given a new level of sophistication and comfort, all for a very nice price.
I ordered this Cellini Modern Brown Queen-size Bed as it looked beautiful on picture and I have to say it looks just as perfect in real life too. The bed is simple and elegant with great design and work. I love the small, fine details and the price that is amazingly affordable. I always have a good night rest and sleep in my new bed, so everyone looking for style and comfort should order a Cellini bed.
I love this simple yet highly sophisticated Cellini Modern Brown Queen-size Bed. As my bedroom became larger I needed a larger bed to fill in the room. This queen size bed is not only great looking and high quality but extremely comfortable. The small and simple details give the modern look and sophistication to the bed and I love the fabric and design. I would recommend this bed for everyone searching for comfort and style.