A butcher block is usually not the sort of item that I would order online, but this one got rave reviews so I gave it a chance. The two boxes that it arrived in were so heavy it took one of my kids and me to lug it inside. However, the assembly went very smoothly and it looks both very attractive, professional for a chef and substantial in the space. In fact, it accommodates two barstools and doubles as an occasional table. Very pleased with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy, well-constructed, easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This was in my cart for a while, and I finally bought it - GREAT decision! Color, shape just as pictured and sized as stated. Is made in USA which is amazing. Comes in 2 boxes and is heavy. Easy to put together but tighten the bots to avoid squeaking legs. The leveling feet are fanstastic for my not-quite level tiles floor. The top is 3" thick and beautifully made. It had a few rough spots so I got some 150 sand paper and finsihed those out. I have put many many coats of boiled linseed oil to condition the wood and the table loves it! I have a very small kitchen and needed some extra counterspace; so this was the perfect solution. Only thing that would make it better would be if there was a shelf underneath (there is not one); but the towel bars are good. You won't be disappointed with this table.
I am incredibly happy with this table. The quality is top notch. The wood is beautiful! It was packaged carefully, and came with very clear assembly instructions. Putting it together took less than ten minutes. The table looks as good in real life as it does in the website photos. I am extremely happy with this purchase!
We are using this as a butcher block, table, desk, and extra space when entertaining. It's perfect for all uses! It is beautiful and a substantial piece of wood. The assembly is very easy (simply attach 4 legs). It is heavy and my husband had to bring it in the house. Still very very pleased.
When I recieved my table it was in 2 boxes. After opening I saw that my table top (the butcher block) was split in half. The other box was hardware and 4 legs. I notified the customer service dept. and they worked with me. After a couple of weeks I had a new table top. I was very happy with the way they handled it. I have been an O customer for many years and can say that I have never been dissappointed. Thanks for a wonderful table. It is beautiful! Also thank you for helping me solve the problem. Lisa
I love this butcher block table. It is a heavy, sturdy piece of furniture that went together perfectly. I had to have help flipping it onto its feet, but just because its a butcher block and they are meant to be heavy. This is also the perfect hight for chopping, and it fit my corner perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product was superior. It was well made, parts fit together perfectly and it is perfect for my kitchen.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
I've been looking for an island for my small kitchen for a few years. I bought one from West Elm but it overpowered the room and I sent it back. This small country french butcher block island fits perfectly and goes well with my kitchen. I just love it and am glad I took a chance and ordered it online. I could not have found anything I like better!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and well built.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on