We are just SO impressed with this dresser and overstock!!! It was delivered in three boxes that weighed 70lbs at least each. With free shipping. That right there is worth something. We were looking at dresser at West Elm, Create & Barrel, anywhere we could think would have a modern clean well built dresser. We took a chance with this and so glad we did. I took two nights to put together but I only spent a couple hours each night. Not hard at all. I was SOOO surprised it is ALL hardwood except for the sides of the inside of the draws. Everywhere else is solid wood. The front of the draws, the dresser top, sides, all the support frames, everything solid wood. It looks so clean and modern. So So worth it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better then the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY GOOD QUALITY! All Hard Wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact description as stated on website
Took me hours to build but when I was done, it was well worth the effort! Just a note: I got carried away with the middle drawer divider and used the wrong screws 3's instead of 2's or vice versa. I had used one screw for the side panels and just assumed that the middle panel had the same screws... (A LESSON FOR ME TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY NEXT TIME!!!) Anyway, in the end it was a quick fix and I didn't have to take the whole thing apart. The end result is that I have a roomy, solidly built dresser drawer set and it looks GREAT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, solid piece. Drawers are big... LOVE IT!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate to the T
Purchased this for my daughter's room. Wanted a solid built dresser to withstand many years of use. Beautiful finish on the wood (nice solid black) and attractive hardware. I had looked everywhere (and forever!) for a solid black dresser with a modern edge, you can't beat the price or the quality. Of course assembly is required and time consuming, but you save $$$ - totally worth it. Shipped fast as usual!
I have had this entire set including two nightstands for three years now and it is great quality! It still is as beautiful and nice as when I put it together. I only have one piece of feedback that could be a deterrent...the handles on all pieces can be kind of sharp. I did not have a child when I bought this so it didn't really bother me, but now I have a little one and I am constantly worried he is going to get hurt on them when he is in my room. I have even hurt myself on them. But that is my only issue and I still love the set.
Great piece of furniture! My boyfriend and I split it up and assembled it together. I did all the drawers while he put the frame together. The handles and the tracks on the drawers don't have predrilled holes, but all in all, a great looking drawer. Sturdy, big, heavy, good quality...definitely not he cheap *** kind. Ordering the other accompanying pieces!!
THis dresser looks great, is a very solid piece of furniture( and heavy). It took a few hours for my husband and I to put it together. I recommend putting it together near where you are going to use it, as it is extremely heavy and cumbersome to move. We bought it for my 14yr old daughter and she loves it! It has tons of drawer space! A great purchase!
This dresser is great! It did take two of us a long time to put together, about 5 hours, but it was so worth all the time it took. There was one screw that wasn't fitting into the hole correctly (the hole wasn't drilled deep enough) but we were able to scrape it deeper with some tools and eventually it fit. Once it is together, there is nothing about it that makes it look like an assembled pice of furniture. The dresser will be hard to move, it's really heavy, but it looks really solid and well made. I think the price is reasonable for such beautiful wood and such a modern design, get it, you won't be sorry!
This dresser is beautiful, and very heavy once assembled. (I recommend moving without the drawers in it to its final home.) Set up was time consuming (several hours), but everything is labeled correctly. (Pay careful attention to the direction of your drawer glides, or you will be taking them off and adjusting several like I did!) But everything lined up correctly once assembled, and it looks great in our master bedroom!
I bought this chest along with two end tables and I am very happy with them. This chest is made of heavy wood and the color/design is perfect! Some assembly required is an understatement....you will need to assemble the entire piece. Just make sure you have the proper tools and lots of time. We purchased two end tables along with this chest. Thankfully, we decided to assemble the end tables first so putting the chest together wasn't too bad.
I love the way it looks, but it comes in a GA-ZILLION pieces. If you don't have a drill or if you are not adept at putting togther large items of furniture, I would not suggest this for you. I assembled it by myself. Took me about 3 hours to get the dresser togther, and then another 2.5-3 hours to assemble the drawers. It looks great though once it is together, very pretty, the picture is very true to color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to Color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Truee to Description
Love this product. Took some time to put together (one person), but worth it. It gets a lot of compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the money. Very solid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This is an excellent quality dresser. My only complaint is there was a screw missing during assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description of the product.
We are very happy with this dresser (we also bought the matching night stand and tall chest). The order arrived quickly and my husband put it together (it did take a while to assemble but he did not seem to mind). The color is very black (which was hard to find these days) and we loved the sleek design for our son's new room! The top had a mark on it that might have happened in the manufacturing process (it seemed like the Styrofoam used to protect the top in shipping melted on to the wood). I called overstock and they promptly sent us a new top! All in all, this is a great piece for the money and super service from "O"!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is perfect black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made dresser with easy drawer glides and sleek design
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love, love, love this dresser. The quality is amazing and it does not take up much space while still giving you plenty of drawer space. It has very clean lines and is just beautiful. I am very pleased with this purchase from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Comparable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
i was amazed at how many pieces this dresser came in - directions not correct, wasted time with following the directions only to find out they were wrong. for what this dresser cost, i would have thought more pieces would have come assembled....i am not kidding - even the drawer glides were not attached. the piece itself is ok, but plan on days for assembly.
Let me preface this review by saying, that I love this dresser! It is beautiful, sturdy and fits perfectly in our room. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the labor and time it took to put it together, but once its together it is worth it!