I couldn't be happier with this purchase. My order arrived properly with no scratches. I looked everywhere for a chair like this at this price, specifically polycarbonate which is the same material used for the designer Phillip Stark, Kartell version. I highly recommend!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect, high gloss and very reflective, like glass
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy design, beautiful finish
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely
What you see is what you get. This is not the most comfortable plastic stacking chair, but it's ok, and you really aren't buying this to sit in for hours.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine, seems like sturdy enough plastic
I ordered the clear version. I've always loved these chairs. They are very contemporary but surprisingly comfy. I ordered two to pair with two traditional chairs and I love the look. There's brightness instead of all wood and fabric. The chairs also have a sturdy feel that I like. Even a friend who doesn't care for them admits that they look good in the space although he compares them to Wonder Woman's plane.
I purchased four ghost chairs from another company and paid more, but was pleased with the well made details. They looked like the designer's chairs; they were reproductions without flaws, well made. However, the Casper Dining Armchair were not. The finish was not good, but the flaws were in the back of the two chairs, so I kept them. I would not order these chairs again.
A real statement piece - just bought one as a side chair in a bedroom. Looks super since the room is eclectic in design - antique walnut dresser, stark black and white photography, etc. Had a few light scratches when it arrived but not worth going through the return process - will happen anyway, eventually. Love it.
Was excited when the chairs finally arrived. They are very pretty and pair well with a modern scheme. They are a deep glossy black just as described. There are a couple of small issues that kept me from giving these chairs four stars. When you look closely at the chairs there are all kinds of small scratches on them. There is also a spot on the back of the chairs where it looks like they didn't get completely painted/dyed. Unless you are looking very closely though, neither thing is very obvious which I decided I could live with. The other issue is the durability. These chairs are surprisingly pretty comfortable(for a dinner anyway) but they seem somewhat flimsy. Have only used them a couple of times so far so we'll see what happens after more usage. Overall, these chairs seem to be a decent buy so far and I would recommend them to someone looking for this particular style.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? high gloss black just like picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly acurate
I have always loved the Phillip Stark Ghost Chair. Excited that I found one for such a great price. High quality product as expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I wanted one of the Ghost Chairs for sometime, but felt that the $400 price tag on a plastic chair for the Staark brand was a bit much given the nature of the chair - i.e., the fact that it is plastic. This is a nice version of the chair, shiny, well styled, and looks great in the room. It' s not particularly sturdy or comfortable for long periods of time, but it is more the art to it than the comfort factor. It is primarily an accent in the room. There were a couple of scratches near the arm, but they are not visible unless you are down close examining or cleaning the chair. I would recommend it as an accent piece but not for a desk or dining chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is represented accurately
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Given that this is a chair made of plastic (or a single pour polymer as Staark describes the original), it is about as substantial as one could expect from a plastic chair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pleased with the product description
I have been looking at chairs like these for years, but they are always double or triple the price that I got them for. And, if like me this chair is what you've wanted, Get it! I got two of them to be the head chairs at my dining room table, and they look fantastic! I loved the look so much that I also purchased four "ghost" shield-back chairs (also from Overstock), and put with my ebony dining table. It is so very stylish that everyone has complemented it, and I just love the look- it is the best dining set that I have ever had. Overstock.com is now my favorite go-to store!