THE OUTSIDE CARTON WAS NOT DAMAGED. WHEN WE OPENED IT WE FOUND THE CROSS PIECE THAT HOLDS THE EXTENSION IN PLACE WAS BROKEN AT BOTH ENDS. THE EXTENSION WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PRE-INSTALLED BUT BECAUSE THIS PIECE WAS BROKEN WE HAD TO REPAIR THE TWO ENDS AND INSTALL IT OURSELVES. NOT ALL OF THE HOLES WERE LINED UP CORRECTLY FOR THE BOLTS AND SCREWS TO BE INSERTED. WE HAD TO RE-DRILL QUITE A FEW HOLES FOR THAT PURPOSE. WE ARE FAMILIAR WITH POWER TOOLS SO WE WERE ABLE TO DO THIS WORK.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? IT DID NOT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. WE RECEIVED IT BROKEN AND IT ALSO HAD SCRATCHES ACROSS THE TOP OF THE TABLE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? GOOD
The first thing I realized when I opened the package and inspected the product was that I was going to have to paint the entire product with some type of weather protection. I've been around outdoor products a lot and the wood was dry, already cracking and I seriously doubt there is much teak in it. Lots of knots in the wood though no very bad areas. It was not difficult to put together but I would recommend painting all the parts completely and letting them dry thoroughly before assembly. I also assume you will have to repeat this process every couple of years as I have yet to find a product that works beyond two years. Comparing this to local retailers I've found much better quality in the stores for not much more money (and you don't have to put it together yourself).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price you pay for this you can get something a lot nicer at a retail outlet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This wood is probably eucalyptus, not teak as advertised and it is not oil rubbed as advertised either
I've been through several patio tables that eventually fell apart through wind and a lot of use. This table will be with me for a long, long time. Well worth the investment if you're looking for a durable and attractive table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. because of the quality, it will last a long time
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was very accurate