Just got the headboard. The material looks like raw silk. Some draw backs. Has a funny order like lighter fluid. Hope it goes away. The headboard is not high so the bed needs to be low or set up with no boxspring. The alignment of the headboard and frame is off. The nail heads on the side panels are not the same. Alot of problems for the price.
While the actual headboard is nice, the tools designed to put it together are not that great. The L bracket which keeps the head and side boards is of very poor quality and construction. I doesn't really fit and it was a struggle to make it partially fit. That in turn caused a problem with getting the heel lined up properly. It could have been made better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay, not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This is a very nice addition to a bedroom. I purchased it along with the Uni-Matic Universal Metal Bed Frame and they were both very easy to assemble on my own. I currently am using this headboard in my bedroom with dark espresso furniture but could see it pairing very nicely with white, walnut, painted or even the chic mirrored pieces.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I felt that the color was exactly what I was expecting. It's like a sandy linen color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I didn't have any issues with the quality of the product. It seemed to be manufactured well.
The side panels were easy to install but the 'L' bracket was hard to attach to one side because it was not aligned properly and the bottom of the headboard was slightly bent at an angle. Then I bought two bed frames to attach to the headboard and neither of them had bolt holes 4 in. apart. So, i'll have to keep searching to find one that fits, or I guess the headboard will be sitting on the floor forever.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I really like this headboard. It looks like ones I've seen in nice furniture stores. The only cautions I have are that the box it comes in is big and heavy and you're going to need someone to help you put it together. Oh, and unlike me, read the assembly instructions first.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems very good
I ordered this headboard after reading the reviews. I received the headboard within a week, however, the packaging was sloppy and upon opening the box I found the headboard was torn. I called Overstock and exchanging it was easy. I received the second headboard within a week as well and it was a Holiday weekend. The quality of the headboard is ok. The headboard is short and the bed frame I purchased for it does not fit but I made it work. It's a nice headboard for the price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I am giving this headboard 5 stars even though it does not perfectly align with my current bedframe, it is still lovely! I ordered for our guest room- the bed in this room sits under a window and it has been a challenge to find a headboard that is the perfect height- until now. It's perfect! The material is beautiful and the color is very neutral and goes great with many colors including the teal and brown of my guest bedroom. I would recommend this product- warning- you may have to replace your existing bedframe.
I wanted a shorter headboard for my attic turned bedroom which has sloping cielings. This was just the ticket. Very expensive looking with the nailheads, fabric, and winged construction. Only issue was the assembly - took us a while due to a L bracket which was a little off measurement wise. We made it work, but not without some cursing, mumbling and time. The instructions were fine- it was just that the piece that was given to connect the headboard to the base was a bit off - holes did not align. Once this is together, it looks fabulous.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter in person but overall great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality material, a little sheen to it that I did not expect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This headboard looks good in my guest room. There is some assembly required but it wasnt too bad. Took less than an hour to assemble.. Would look better if it were taller but has a nice look and is comfortable to lean against. great looking for the price.
The headboard is actually very elegant and pretty. The construction of the product is rather poor. Assembling the product was almost nightmarish....some of the pieces didn't line up and the headboard did not fit properly to my frame. I wish I had read the other reviews prior to making this purchase. Buy beware.
I really like the fabric and style of this headboard, and it looks great in my guest room. I put it together by myself, and I have to say that you should pay attention to the instructions when they say you have to move the pieces to fit in the holes. It took some muscle and shoving to get the sides and feet to fit, but it did go together securely. One bolt wouldn't screw in any of the holes, but I just left it out, and the pieces are still secure. The feet take work to screw in and they seemed to not fit in all the way, but the space doesn't show when the headboard is standing. I like this headboard, but advise that two people put it together.
Great looking headboard; however, the assembly is ridiculous. The first one I ordered came in without screw holes to attach the legs. When the second one arrived, I had high hopes...the "L" brackets again didn't even come close to lining up to where the screws were supposed to attach the sides to the back. Had to put the screws in sideways and pray that they hold. In addition, the screws to attach the headboard to a standard metal bed farm don't line up. I had to attach the bottom screw to attaché to the bed frame and then rig a large washer for the top screw on both sides as the screw is positioned too high. Assembly should have taken 20 minutes and took over two hours instead. Awful.
It's a very nice looking piece. It was delivered on time. However the assembly instructions are horrible. The pieces did not line up and needed a lot of muscling into place. I am not a novice to assembling furniture, and this one was a real bear to put together. There was no quality control from the factory they just threw some pieces in a box and didn't care if the lined up correctly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality control for assembly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the headboard is made and how heavy-duty and sturdy it is. I'm equally surprised at how many reviewers complained about the difficulty of assembly and the brackets not aligning. My experience was the complete opposite. It was assembled in 15 minutes and everything aligned just right. I was really pleased with the look of the headboard. It has a very fresh, clean and luxurious yet rustic look. The price was great also!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. heavy-duty and good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I love the headboard. The only problem I had with it was the holes for the two wooden pieces attached to the bottom of the panels were not evenly lined. It was hard to screw them in.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was as I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the site description was dead on.