I really like the product (especially for the price) bought for my son's room and easily slid under his large modern desk. The only issue is that I had to figure out how to make the bottom drawer to hold hanging folders. The description states File Drawer on Bottom - which I took for granted meant that file folders would hang there. - I just purchased a hanging frame that I believe I can make work for this drawer and cost me another $11. I am still ok with the money spent but I might have kept looking had I known that it did not have hanging files on the bottom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is fine - not solid wood but didn't expect that
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I had one issue with the description...File Drawer on Bottom...this is not hanging file ready - no side bars
The product came in pieces in a box with good instructions on how to assemble. I would recommend including the steel folder frames for the file cabinet since I had to buy at office supply store and then bring to hardware store to cut steel to exact measurements of cabinet. I would have paid the extra money to have the frames included.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice rich dark color matched website color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality worth the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
Overall, I love this piece and it matches the cappuccino 48" long desk perfectly as well as the cappuccino computer stand. The 3 pieces look fabulous together and I would reccommend a set up like this as well for a home office. It makes the home office look very rich with the color and look of all 3 pieces together. However, my only complaint right now (and I see now that another person is having the same issue) is that the bottom drawer is labeled for hanging files but does not come with the pieces to do so. It is just a drawer. Also, when I tried to purchase the hanging folders, since there is nothing for them to hold them in place they fall down to one side and also they do not even fit straight up in the air so you have to slant them a little to make them fit. Maybe this is the way they are intended to be normally but Im not sure. The other reviewer said that there is a system to buy called a hanging frame so if there is then this would work. Howver, there is more money to spend. (The other reviewer said $11.00 for this extra piece but Im not sure bc I havent checked for it yet.) Other then that, its a great little piece. I also was able to put it together by myself, but Im a patient 29 year old female.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact, espresso would even work if needing to match colors.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Except for one concern being that the bottom drawer labeled filing cabinet does not come ready to hang files.
This is much nicer and thicker than any other file cabinet in stores. The castors make it simple to move around even on my carpeted floor. We purchased two and they both arrived in 2 days and they were simple to assemble. The finish and the color are great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This is a nice little file cabinet. I use it on my new floor and enjoy rolling it around when I need to. The assembly was not as shocking as when I first open the user manual. With the clear instructions I still made two mistakes and they were not reversable, the good news is they were not fatal. My advice to new buyer is read user manual carefully before putting the screws in. All screws and tools are in a sealed package, so you know what is missing. I didn't have any missing screws. It appears the QA is pretty good. This is a very well built file cabinet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I purchased this rolling cabinet as a supplement to my matching L-shaped desk assembly. It serves its purpose, however, does not have any type of frame for hanging files. My files do stand upright though...possibly because it's full. They would fall over and slip down if not completely full. Maybe there's a frame I can purchase somewhere else. I'm satisfied. Fairly easy to assemble.
These drawers do not close. The middle one must be lifted up for the bottom drawer to close. And according to the rest of the comments - a file rack would be a nice addition - so that it can actually hold files. Bought as a set and this piece has been the worst quality of the 3.
I couldn't have asked for a better file cabinet. The only thing is I wish it was bigger, but that's nothing another cabinet can't fix! My husband and I were able to put it together with no issues and it came out great! I would highly recommend this product for someone that works from home. Great storage!
It is what you see on the screen. Doesn't hold much, so don't buy if you have alot of files to store. it is a nice addition to an existing desk. maybe a little pricey for it's smallish size, but fits well with existing desk. easy enough to put together.
If you're looking for a nice-looking, lighter-duty, relatively-inexpensive file cabinet or set of drawers, this is a very good choice. It's quite Ikea-like in its design and steps for putting it together. If you've never assembled one of these before, it may be a real challenge to you. But, if you have some experience, and if you study the supplied diagrams carefully, you'll recognize the parts and will have little trouble. However, expect to spend about 3 or more to build it. True, the bottom drawer is not ready for hanging files, and none of the drawers seem to have the strongest bases. But, all in all, the piece truly seems to be of decent and reasonable quality, and surprisingly, it definitely looks better in person than it does in the online image. I'm glad I chose it, and I would recommend it.