I bought this because it was low cost, so I wasn't expecting super high quality. And for the money it's exactly what I got. I think it it stylish and works perfectly for what I needed. My only complaint is that there were two (not eight, as needed) pre-drilled holes, but they didn't line up with anything. I had to get a drill and mark and drill 8 holes to asemble it.
Rather difficult to get the sides symmetrical. In fact two of us for assembly and we couldn't get the box structure straight, just the pre-drilled holes not lining up exactly right or the structure really isn't meant to be a solid square as it is protrayed. Anyway, heavy table with the marble flat shelves. Rather more trouble than it is worth in assembly. Not classy looking but rather tacky. Took a rather long time for assembly for what it is worth and also a less than satisfactory final result.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Debatable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Even though I knew the table wouldn't be too fancy, because of the low price, I was very disappointed to discover that the "marble" laminate pieces came without pre-drilled holes to connect to the metal frame. I had to drill them myself before completing assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This table is shoddy, even for the low price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Even though I knew it couldn't contain real marble at this price, the company should have put the word "marble" in quotation marks. It is marble-patterned plastic.
The finished product looks pretty stylish with clean lines, which is what I was going for; however, there are a few major issues with this. The shelves are NOT marble. They are faux marble, marble-look, very lightweight and the marble printed covering is actually flaking apart at the edges upon unpacking them. There are no pre-drilled holes in the shelves even though screws are provided for them. They have to be drilled in; however, with the lack of quality apparent in these pieces I may just leave them sitting on the frame and not screwed in, as I fear they may split apart and break. I am glad I got this piece with a coupon because paying full price for it would have been tragedy. The metal legs and frame seem fine despite the poor quality shelves.
I was very dissappointed that the stand had a plastic type top and not marble as advertised. Otherwise the stand was a good quality, but I don't like the cheap looking replica of marble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not good
This is the second table that I purchased. I use them as end tables in my bedroom. I bought a king size bed recently and did not have room for my traditional end tables. These were easy to assemble and have a nice rich look. Just enough room for a plant, box of tissues or bottle of water.
All parts were enclosed and the directions were straight forward, however, the metal brackets on the legs that attach the top are soft and broke upon attaching the top per the directions. There are no marks or pre-drilled holes for the top and bottom shelves so you have to eyeball it to get the shelves lined up. Save your money, this is not worth the expense.