I was in the market for small/medium sized bar with shelves and this was one was the most appealing after an extended search. It's an OK deal for the price but as noted above, the materials were pretty low grade. As other reviewers state, the instructions were pretty bad (step #2-3 I believe being the most difficult to figure out) because you simply can't tell which piece and which side is being represented. The poorly etched numbers on the pieces don't help the situation either. Lastly on that note, DO NOT put on the rear panel until the very end, otherwise you wont be able to bolt the two main peices together. However, once assembled, the final product really looked nice and only had a smidgeon of wobble - nothing a little bracket to the wall couldn't take care of. the first two shelves did not have as much space between them as I'd anticipated and i found half my bottles had to go on the very top shelf. the other two are still good for mugs, glasses and medium/small sized bottles. The wine rack is not very snug but I suppose that allows you to fit the hard liquor bottles there. So all in all, a decent looking item for a decent sum - perfect for my small-ish city rowhouse.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Essentially particle board with some sort of covering - in my opininon a notch below Ikea type materials. I found that a mere bump on one of the corners would cause damage pretty easily. That said, be sure to assemble it on a carpet and dont force things too much.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was pretty accurate though you couldn't accurately gauge the size of the shelves.
I had seen a few other wine racks and none compare to this one. It was perfect for me in size and features as well as quality. Directions were hard to follow but the end result is well worth it. I have received many compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I would have to agree with everyone on this one. It looks nice once it is put together, but it is a pain to put together. The directions are not clear at all. If you have some time and are patient it will go together though!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The bar arrived in great condition about 3 days ago. We assembled it quickly as there were no issues. It's very sturdy, stylish and provides ample storage. I am very pleased with the value and highly recommend it. The finish is very pretty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
We purchased this bar unit and am pleased with it. The color is good, just as the description says. It was a little shorter than expected but the measurements were given. It was fairly easy to put together. It is a good size and carries all the items we wanted to put on it. Overall, a good product.
I have purchased and assembled several furniture items from Overstock and even put a huge tv console together with no problems at all. This item had the worst instructions possible and it was a guessing game the whole way through. Nothing is written on the instruction book... just pictures. It doesn't even tell you which is the back and which is the front. I couldn't even screw some pieces together because nothing would fit right. The final product looked exactly in the picture, which is great, but it is not very sturdy because I know there are things not screwed properly. I will not attempt to move this at all, because I know it may fall apart. This product is not worth the amount you pay for. Really disappointed... I hope this is the first and last time that I am disappointed in Overstock :-(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
This item is really a mega pain in the *** to assemble. The pictorial instructions are pretty vague. There are many many parts and even though the manufacturer had tried to number the different parts, the printed numberings are hardly visible. Even though we aren't novice to furniture assembly, the 2 of us took a long while on this piece even with power tools. The holes to screw in the metal parts that hold the wine glasses don't really align nicely but it's nothing a power drill can't handle. I don't particularly fancy the stickers for covering up the screw holes...I'd prefer those plastic cap ones. The part for wine bottle storage took us awhile to figure out. You need to insert in the back dowels first before slotting in the compartments and then put in the black dowels in front of the compartments (at least that's what we had figured out 'cos it looks a little different from the picture as the compartment is kinda flushed 1/4 way back). To secure the drawer section to the exterior frame, try placing the drawer section back on the floor and then fit the exterior frame over it from the top. To secure the drawer section with the exterior frame....the drawer section has to be elevated for the screw holes to align. If you can get through the assembly without getting all pissed and crazy....you'll end up with a pretty nice wine rack. It's pretty slick and compact so good for smaller spaces.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Reasonably good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
Not great materials, but looks nice in a small space. Make sure you pay attention to dimensions because it is shorter than it looks in the picture. I get a lot of compliments on this piece when people come in. A very dark brown color; looks almost black.
The bar is beautiful. The assembly was difficult. The wine glasses don't fit in the rails. Neither do my champagne glasses. Why? The openings on the rails are too small. They are 3 inches across which allows no room for error and now we can't hang our glasses. Sigh. Its a shame because the bar itself looks so much more expensive than what we paid for it. But now I have to see if I can buy bigger rails.
Love the look of this cabinet and it seems to be sturdy. BUT it was a bear to assemble. Like so many items these days, the instructions were simply little diagrams of the parts and how to assemble the product. With a piece like this bar unit, there were LOTS of parts to assemble and was a bit confusing to do.
The packing for this product was clearly insufficient. The bar was all beat up, the corners of a lot of the pieces had been broken off, and there were dents on a lot of the pieces. To make matters worse, it was incredibly difficult to figure out how to build this as someone wrote the letters on the pieces to identify them in a marker. I was completely shocked at how poorly this product was packaged and incredibly disappointed at the time it too to assemble it. Would definitely not recommend this to anyone.