Queen bed arrived in good condition. Packaging was well done. My issue with the bed is that the back of the headboard is unfinished. It would have taken very little effort/money to finish the bed completely. If I had known that the headboard was unfinished on the back, I would not have purchased this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
If you have sex regularly and well, this bed will surely break. I do not recommend it to anyone who fits that description. However, if you want a bed to just sleep in, this bed MAY suffice. If you weigh over 190 lbs, however, then expect it to become brittle over a short period of time.
I ordered this bed to compliment a cherry bedroom set already in the room.. Its a bit darker than the furniture but blends well enough,, For the money i knew i was not getting a high quality piece but i did expect the bed to stay togehter and be able to hold the weight of two people. This is not the case however. The side rails have detached from the footboard on more than one occassion and the center support if you can call it that, is usually on an angle .. we can hear a snap and the when we look under the bed the "support " is on an angle..not a great feeling lying there waiting for the bed to collapse..I do not recomment this bed at all.. its is a very poor quality as far as support and construction. You are better off going to a regular store for a purchase like this so you can see what you are really getting.. Very disappointed and learned never again to buy without seeing something first.. Big Mistake..
Received the bed ahead of schedule in perfect condition; well packed & cushioned for shipment. The bed had very little assembly requirements (basically attaching the legs) & is very sturdy, The boxspring support slats must be screwed to the bed's side wall frames; This makes the bed very sturdy; After assembly, the bed is higher than I expected, but I like it better than I expected. In summary, a great product at a great price, hard to go wrong with this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I love the look of the bed, however, I am not sure how long it will last. The wood is thinner than I would expect for a bed and the side rails bow out easily. This is offset by carefully screwing the supporting slats to the rails, however, the edge supporting the slats is so narrow I worry that they will be able to withstand the weight of the bed over time. The rails were not pre-drilled to secure the support slats, so I initially did not screw the slats to the rails. I have another sleigh bed and those slats are not screwed into the rails, so I figured it would be ok. Well, after 2 weeks the mattress fell through to the floor because the rails are so soft and flexible they bowed out and allowed a slat to fall out. Screwing the slats in has made the bed feel more stable and prevents the bowing. I got the bed for a great price and have had it for about 1 month now. We'll see how it weathers the test of time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Color and styling of the bed are very nice, but quality of wood is not what I had hoped
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
If I can get a bed in that is not scratched and damaged I feel the bet is average for the price; however, the first bed arrived broken badly, a second was sent to me immediately but took over 10 days to get to me and 2 panels are scratched and damaged again. Not happy that they send items out in such poor shape.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Overall this bed is great. However, the three mattress support slats are almost laughable they're so tiny and flimsy. My mattress is very heavy and would have cracked them in half immediately. I solved this by adding four extra support slats made of pine boards with some extra vertical supports underneath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurage
I haven't installed this yet because I am putting hardwood floor in the room, the color matches great with the new floor, and according to other comments I am going to add 2 more support pieces on the bottom just because, and secure them. The Frame is perfect, not cheap for the value, and I will be getting more items from over stock, because I am doing my house room by room, kind stuck on vanities for he bathroom though, need a 30 inch, width possibly 31, any suggestions. sides wont be seen just the front
I had some trepidation on buying this when I read some reviews, but it has been a great deal for the money. It looks wonderful and is rock solid for my 210 lbs. I don't regret the purchase at all. There was one small scratch on one of the rails, but it was easily covered and the rest was in very good condition. I am more than happy with this purchase after more than 3 months use.
I really like the headboard and footboard. They are robust and look great. The only problem (actually the biggest problem) is the bedframe. Only 3 thin slats came with the bed. If you put a very heavy mattress on the top of the bedframe, it would break all the slats (if not soon, it's only a matter of time). Then I bought some wood from homedepot and started to construct the bedframe. After I spent an extra $40, now the my bed is really robust and I can even jump on my bed without any problem.
The footboard arrived with a crack in it. The next day I sat down at the head of the bed and the lip that the slat rests on collapsed. This bed needs some redesign (too much cheap plywood) and more support in several places because it is too weak in places to support your weight. I weigh 200 lbs and the lip and slat should have supported my weight. On the bright side Overstocked.com was great at getting the needed parts to me as they always are but it is my time and labor that they are using!!.I will not get that back!
I was very satisfied with my product,the time they said it would come it did and setting it up wasn't hard.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly the same i was truly satisfied.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bed is sturdy and relaxing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This bed is very nice for the price, the piece is heavy and the wood stain is beautiful. The depth of the pieces are a little thinner than I thought they would be but for the price it is fine. For someone on a limited budget this is a good choice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? wood color is the same as image on the web
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality of the bed is quite nice especially for the inexpensive price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description of the product is on target