This desk was actually purchased for my daughter's salon to use as a manicure table. It is very good quality material -- no fiberboard -- and the drawers pull out easily and smoothly. It is much larger than we anticipated (but that is our fault for not paying attention to the measurements!!). Our only complaint was that it did not come with good assembly instructions. My daughter put it together by herself in about an hour, but the pieces were not numbered (although they were on the diagram) and the only instructions were a couple of diagrams in which the pieces were difficult to see.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was very accurate. It is a very bright white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall, this desk is very good quality. It is NOT a cheap fiberboard. The drawers pull out smoothly.
For my home office...I was looking for an affordable desk with an adequate size and this is just what I needed. The quality is very good, the finish is a clean white, the drawers are an added bonus, with nice hardware, and open/close smoothly. Somewhat easy to put together, just take your time and it will be perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect, it's a smooth, clean white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on point
I have had a makeshift "dressing table" in my bathroom for years. But has seen teenage girls come and go and now has gone to ist just reward. I needed a replacement, but the area it was to go in was odd sized, so a regular bathroom vanity/seating area was too deep. I had started looking for a desk. I wanted one with drawers that would hold my hair dryer. I also wanted a real drawer...not a keyboard pull-out..in which to put my medications and everyday necessities. This desk really fits the bill.. It is a tad deeper than I would have preferred, but the rest of it makes up for that. I put 90% of it together by myself, calling on my husband when I needed to add the leg pieces. A few reviewers said the instructions were sketchy, but if you are pretty good with numbers and letters, it's a no-brainer. There was not a flaw on it. The exact number of nuts and bolts were included. It was packaged well and delivered as promised. The only thing I did....'cause let's face i it this is not 100% solid maple or any other hard wood at the price...was to our local glass supplier and spend $** on a table protector for it....and I couldn't be happier. Forgot to mention, the metal glides on the drawers work like silk. If I wanted to nit-pick the only thing I would want was something to cover the two holes at the front part of the desk where the drawers go in. You can see the hardware. There are plugs for the outside, but none for these two fairly visible spots. Otherwise....a great purchase!!!
A very pretty desk. My granddaughter helped me put it together and she loves the way it looks in her room. All went well until we got to the middle drawer. We never did get it assembled correctly, but it looks and functions OK. The fit of the pieces was a little off. We gave up and abandoned one piece. It remains to be seen how long it goes before that missing piece begins to cause a problem with the drawer.
I love this desk! It brightens my room and is of a good sturdy quality. We only had a bit of trouble putting it together as the center drawer would not slide into the desk. My father and I tried all night to get the final drawer to slide in but had to wait for my engineering fiancé to finally push it through. Other than that small mishap the desk is of a lovely style and quality and I am very very happy with my purchase.
Do not buy this desk! First, three of the pieces came out of the box noticabley damaged. That may be an accident but the material from which this desk is made scratches so easily and obviously, it should not be used as a desk! Within the first few hours of use, there are scratches on it that cannot be hidden. My recommendation is to look at another product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
The box for this desk is quite heavy, but it wasn't difficult to put together. Some of the drawers were scratched, but the front was not messed up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy, drawers feel heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The desk looks just like the picture. The finish is white and shiny. The drawers pull out smoothly. The measurements are exact. Had no problems putting it together but note the drawers belong to a specific side which is not noted in directions. Would purchase again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
Bought desk for my daughter, she loves it. Nice shade of white, not to stark. The surface area is big which is what I was looking for. There is also nice detail on the legs of the desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality material
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Went together pretty easy..looks clean and stylish...so far we like it lots
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a little glossy compared to photos
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems good so far...a little worried top may scratch easy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I was duped by all of the glowing reviews. Poorly packaged. Pieces arrived scratched and dented. Received replacement parts, but had to drag the rest of the damaged items out for bulk trash pick up, consuming additional time and energy. Once assembled, the drawers kept opening so I tried magnets and then velcro to keep them closed. My daughter complained that the drawers scratched her thighs when she swiveled out of her chair, but she has since learned to push away from the desk first. I regret buying this desk and hope to spare someone else from making the same mistake.
THE DIMENSIONS ARE AS STATED. 23 5/8" DEEP X 52w X ~31 HIGH. First desk had broken major part. Returned. Next desk arrived VERY soon; fine. Goes together easily and quickly; decent construction methods. I like the finished desk; very solid. GOOD VALUE. I RECO buying it.