I looked for awhile for cotton velvet drapes for my bedroom in Olive Green. I found nothing on line and was so frustrated until I found these! I thought velvet drapes were not to be found. While there are vertical creases in the fabric, they aren't too bad. They get lost in the folds. To be perfect, you'd want to have them pressed at the dry cleaners. They're well made and the fabric isn't overly heavy, yet is just heavy enough to keep most of the light out. I have long, bright French windows in my bedroom and these look fabulous. The color is perfect, being somewhere in between brown and olive green. They go perfectly with my gold multi colored duvet cover, bronze iron bed and brown antique furniture. I use a bronze curtain rod with finials. Finally, my window looks just as I wanted.
Love the curtains! We have an eclectic taste with a mix of dark wood antiques and Crate & Barrel sofas, rugs and other decor. Since our home was built in 1980 with vaulted ceilings and modern lines, we wanted drapes that would add to the warmth of the living and dining rooms and make everything feel more traditional. These did the trick. We are very happy with the results!
I ordered 4 of these panels for a 100" span. I was pleased to learn they are the same color and made by the manufacturer as a pair of drapes I ordered about 5 years ago for a previous house. Both times I was very impressed with the workmanship, especially for the price. Unfortunately, the 4 panels were slightly different lengths and were to go on the same rod. I called customer service and the woman I spoke to was wonderful. She sent 3 more panels which I received in two days. Of the 7 panels, I picked out the 4 that were closest in length and sent back the 3 outliers at no charge. Was a bit of a hassle (hence the 4 stars) but you've got to realize there is a reason these are not being sold retail which would be 2 to 3 times the price. They are very good quality: heavy cotton velvet with white lining and 3 hanging options built in. We have a lot of big windows and these will be great to keep out the winter cold and bright direct sunlight in the summer. We'll probably buy more for other rooms.
I ordered these curtains to cover my sliding glass door. Lined, cotton velvet, burnt olive...sounds good. The fabric is nice and heavy and has a lovely drape to it. The curtain panels are lined with a good quality cotton lining. Constuction seems good. So why not a 5 star rating? What's the issue? My issue is... it's next to imossible to get all the wrinkles out. The wrinkles are from the packaging which of course has to be done for warehousing and shipping. But when you unpack these drapes and hang them up they're terribly winkled. I have a "travel" steamer which I used to relax the fabric but I'm not happy yet with the results. I spent an hour, maybe more, steaming these drapes and all the wrinkles still aren't out. The other issue is "crushed" velvet. There are several areas where the velvet just doesn't seem to recover and there are visible lines in the curtain panels where they were folded. If you're really fussy this product probaly won't work for you. When the curtains are puled open you don't notice this, but when they're pulled closed it's noticable (to me), my husband thinks they look fine. But really, the wrinkle lines and crush marks are noticable. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it could be for you. So beacuse of this issue I can't give this product a 5 star rating. I would reccomend taking these cutains to the cleaners to be professionally steamed and or pressed then maybe this wouldn't be and issue. The color is more brown than olive, hence "burnt" olive. To me the color is earthy and rich and just very nice. And I love teture of the fabric, it's just really nice. In general, a good value, easy shopping and quick shipping. Thanks Overstock!!!
Amazing color and quality!! I'm very happy and would highly recommend it to anyone. Decoration and rich quality!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome !!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
Quality much better than expected. I bought extra panels to be sure it looked full. In the bedroom, completely dark now - so happy. Now have to get a nicer comforter to take it up to the level of my drapes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Definitely more brown than olive
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy fabric. Backing was nice also.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The color of these curtains is a really nice subtle dark green. They look beautiful on my windows. Nice, heavy fabric. Fully lined and room darkening when closed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color of the actual product is better than on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description was accurate
Love these panels! They look very substantial, quietly elegant. Not a thick velvet, - which we liked - works better in our space. Shipped quickly and packed individually with few folds. They drape nicely and the hems are weighted-nice surprise. Would have been great if there were a wider option. Overall, quite pleased with the purchase. Everyone comments on how beautiful they look in the room. Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the money, the panels are lined and weighted, the lengths appear to be consistent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description is quite accurate.
The drapes turned out to be the perfect color for what I wanted, but they are a little more green than brown (altho it seems to depend on the lighting). I thought the drapes were a little pricey for the quality, but that's because I purchased other velvet drapes and they were soft and rich feeling. These are a little stiff, even after tumbling them in the drier. Very good for blocking out the light and cold. I'm happy with them! I'm just comparing them to another pair of velvet drapes I recently purchased and they aren't as soft and rich feeling.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They are a little more olive than the site shows.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The velvet isn't quite as soft as I would have liked.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
Nice quality. Lined to avoid fading. Just as nice as ones I've seen from Pottery Barn at a lower cost. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? They are a bit darker than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality. Lined to avoid fading. Just as nice as ones I've seen from Pottery Barn at a lower cost.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate but color is a bit darker