This machine slices meat from paper-thin up to a half inch, which is what it is supposed to do. A few notes: --The blade is geared down to a fairly low speed by a gear drive, which is not quiet. I hope this is normal and does not mean the drive is about to tear itself up.-The model advertised is supposed to be a Buffalo Tools brand, but mine says Sportsman -- this, of course, makes no difference as the machine is of Chinese manufacture, probably sold around the world under many different labels. --The manual is totally generic and fairly primitive. --The machine obviously needs to be cleaned after use, including behind the blade. How do you get behind the blade? I quote the manual: REMOVING THE BLADE: Remove the screw clip (right, near the cutting blade) of the blade mount and the blade lock by screwing out the screw clip. Huh? What screw clip? What blade mount? No such thing on mine. Nor does the sketch in the manual, which lists and shows all the parts, mention any screw clip or blade mount. I see no way to remove the blade other than by taking out the three Phillips screws that hold it on. I did this, and its OK, but there is a discrepancy here that bothers me. Bottom line: a decent machine that does a decent job; noisy and not simple to clean. I would recommend it with disclaimers, as noted above.
The item was a good value for the price. The two things that stand out that could be improved were, 1) suction cup legs don't work well, so as you you put puressure on the item your slicing you start pushing the machine all over the place. 2) plastic back portion of machine not strong enough to handle the pressure of the product being sliced. what happens is when you press on the item to be sliced the plastic back gives and the thickness setting you set is no longer any good because the product pushes it out, and your thickness setting gets distorted.
Would not recommend. Suggest buying only at a store where you can view slicer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? O.K.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cutting part poor. Plastic part not steady causing poor slicing quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? deceiving
This is a good slicer for the price. The carriage is made of plastic, so it has a little give when pushing the meat through. I am still able to get some pretty thin slices of meat, vegetables, and fruits for dehydrating. The only minor concern I have is that the blade is secured to the arbor by three self tapping screws which are screwed into plastic. The worry being that since the blade has to be removed constantly for cleaning; the plastic will eventually strip out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? What you see is what you get.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
Was hesitant to purchase without seeing how durable the product would be but decided to go ahead with the purchase. Have not been disappointed. The only concern that I had and still have is how long will it last even if I take excellent care of it regarding the cleaning, oiling, etc. I do wish the body of the slicer were a little more substantial in weight but used it to slice 10 whole pork tenderloins and had no problem whatsoever. Would highly recommend the product.
Slicer is well crafted with a big advantage over competitors in the same price range. The lock nut for the blade is metal not plastic thereby reducing the possibility of damage when removing the blade for cleaning. No problem getting nice thin slices for salami and copa.
This is a good quality for the money. I use to slice meat for jerky. A little weak for slicing brick cheese. I s a little hard to clean behind the blade and found the part you put the meat against first to have a little too much give allowing for a slight difference in thickness of meat of trying to move fast. I cut frozen meat so I was giving it a workout. Overall I got what I paid for with satisfactory operation about as I had suspected.
The Electric 7.5-inch Meat Slicer from Buffalo Tools is a great addition to my kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Work- great, professional grade. We've sliced veggies-awesome for sandwichess, cut bread for bruschetta and rib eye for cheeses steaks!! We love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I wanted an inexpensive slicer to cut meats and cheese and this fit the need. I can cook meats and slice them thin or thick with little or not trouble. I have to let the cheeses warm up a little before slicing or if you try to slice too fast it will cause the belt to slip that is rotating the blade. I have been using this slicer for a couple years now and will continue until it gives out or the blade goes dull. The only thing I would change would be the depth guide that adjust is made of plastic and can change the thickness with too much pressure with certain food being cut.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fairly well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I wasn't sure if this was going to work but i needed a meat slicer and to my surprise this slicer was just what i wanted it slice in different sizes from extra thin to thick great, machine and i would buy another
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
always wanted a slicer for family get togethers slicen hams turkeys roast and its perfect for home use esy to use light weight easy cleang luv it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the beswt
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly
The major flaw that I see with this is that the backing (being plastic) is too flexible to get good, thin cuts of meat. Otherwise, the unit functions very well. With it's suction cup base, it stays where it's put on the counter and does a good job. Certainly for $$$ it was a good deal. I guess if I really wanted deli-thin slices, I would have had to spend a lot more money!
the metal peice in front of the blade flexes a little so the slices are not all uniform but it slices and gets the job done. It makes a bit of noise not the quitest thing. BUt I've never had a slicer before. It works wonderful and i would get it again.