We were looking for a metal king size bed frame, and this product looked great. It looked black, but is actually a dark slate color. At first we were a bit disappointed, but now think the slate blue works better in the bedroom then black!
Love the look of this bed and the value for the money is terrific. Negative is that the deep mattress fits so tightly between headboard and footboard that it is really a strain to make the bed, fitting the sheets and bedspread in at the bottom is really tough. Otherwise, it's a very rich, modern look and quite sturdy.
Bed is terrific -- came in LOTS of pieces, but not hard to put together. Color is SLATE, and is NOT BLACK...good color, but more like gun metal gay, and certainly not black. One part was slightly damaged in shipping, but was still fully functional...
Got this bed for my daughter and was very pleased with the quality of the product. Very sturdy construction and all of it heavy metal. Design is very clean and worked great in her room. She was very pleased. No squeaks or noise from the frame. Relatively easy to assemble. I would definitely recommend it.
Sturdy, low profile king bed. We'll-made and relative simple to put together (best with two people). Color is modern looking. My bed was missing pack of bolts, nuts, etc. which cost me about $10 at Lowes. We love the bed for our beach condo.
The bed is beautiful and exactly what I expected from the description and photos. However, it did arrive with many scratches. I contacted the online chat support and they offered a resolution that met my expectations. I am a third time customer and have always been happy with my Overstock experience.
My only complaint is the bed had some damage from shipping. All four corners had scratches from the "protective" packaging and I found one small dent. it is in a guest room so I will live with it. If it was for my bedroom, I may have complained. The bed is actually very nice and easy to put together. Very sturdy and no worries that it will sag, etc. (a concern with several other bed frames reviewed) and the color is a great slate gray. Goes well with my blue/grey bedroom.
This is a lovely, well built bed. The color as noted by others is more a dark pewter. I love how the headboard tucks neatly under the "knee wall" of my upstairs bedroom. The lines are sleek and clean. One issue I had was with the distributor. I received the head and foot board on time however the side rails and cross bars were not included in the original order. It took about one month to track down and have the rest of the bed delivered. Please note that the headboard and foot board are useless without the side rails designed for this bed. We tried-but they are not a universal fit for standard bed frames. There were a couple of missing screws but my husband was able to "find" the necessary width and size in his immense collection of spare parts! It took about 2 hours to assemble after all was received. Other than waiting about one month-I LOVE this bed. It is an amazing value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and well built. Plenty of cross supports and center legs for King Size
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accuracy was excellent
Very very sturdy bed. It has no issue supporting our 150# latex mattress, me 230#, and the gf (120#). Main reason I got it was based it was based on the reviews of how sturdy it is. It is no joke. The only issue that I have is that with my 10" mattress with no box spring (on the taller setting), our pillows go under the lowest cross bar on the headboard in the middle of the night. It should be fine with any mattress over 12-13" though. Or you can get a tubular pillow to stuff behind it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Built to withstand anything
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I have had this bed now for 7 months and I love it. It is better looking than the picture and being black, goes nicely with my changing season themes: African in winter (masculine), Hawaiian in summer (feminine). Because it is metal, it doesn't (ahem) move around (if you get my drift). Also- I had back surgery last year, so I sometimes need to grab the head board to change position. Very convenient.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect- it's black after all.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
This bed is nice, and what a joy it was putting it together. Seriously, set up was not overly difficult. It took myself and another 2 hours to get it mattress ready. I like the look, plus it's nice and sturdy. The price is wonderful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slate colored
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
For those of you looking for a very sturdy kingsize platform bed, this is it. My son & I assembled it last night in about 45 mins. All metal & nice color. Goes nice with my newly installed wooden floor. Unlike alot of other beds I looked at that only comes with a couple wooden slats, this one comes with 10 metal slats that provides excellent support. I weigh 225, my wife 130 & the memory foam mattress is about 120 & it supports us no problem. It does sit rather low. You can only rasie it to 11". My mattress is 12" & is a little lower than our older bed but will get used to it or buy an 8" support box. The only negative thing I can find (which is very minor) is there were a few minor scratches on the foot board but they are on the inside. & the other thing was it was missing 2 pieces of hardware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. Easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Everything was accurate
Only took about an hour for two people to put together. Color was a little lighter than black, but darker than gray. A dark gunmetal or charcoal color. Seems very sturdy so far, no squeaking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Purchased this bed frame because I was tired of bumping into my wooden bed frame and couldn't have made a wiser choice! It's sturdy and well made. We love this bed! Even though it is a king size frame, it does not take up very much space! My husband put it together in less than 1/2 hour...would definitely recommend!
Just to join the chorus of rave reviews on this bed, I talked my girlfriend into a metal frame bed after our seemingly endless search of high-end wood frames continued to come up short. We had limited space lengthwise to maintain a comfortable walking space to our bathroom so I knew we needed slim head and footboards, we have a ceiling fan right over the only spot that could fit a King in our master and we also have two turn-of-the-century (1900s that is) Vermont hard rock maple dressers that would be pretty much impossible to match another wood frame to without stripping and re-staining. So, I took a leap and ordered this bed and was so glad I did. I think it brings a great contemporary feel to the bedroom filled with otherwise old-school, heavy furniture. The construction was excellent and I put it together myself in probably an hour including beer breaks. My only complaint would be that they package these things a little better since several of the support slats came bent out of the box. Luckily the visible pieces showed no damage but seems like an easy thing to prevent. Oh and, if you're wondering if you need a boxspring with this bed, you don't! We winged it and went with a thick King mattress-only setup and it fits perfectly on the higher setting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close - color in person was even better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High-quality construction, not going anywhere.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate enough, no complaints.
Very easy to assemble if you follow the directions. I only had to unscrew and rescrew 1 or 2 times! The best part for me is no boxspring and under bed storage! I am very happy with my purchase. It arrived in 7 days! Oh and the missing screws arrived in 7 days after I called customer service!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was lighter I thought it was black. But I like it!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
Love the way the bed looked for 2 1/2 years, but it didn't hold up. Wasn't solid enough, threw it away this weekend. Trying to salvage the headboard if we can get it to connect to the new bed correctly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lasted 2 1/2 years
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair