This bed is really nice and sturdy for the price. It was also a breeze to put together. Just note that the color is more of a gunmetal gray than a true black, but it looks great either way!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dark Gray (not quite black)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
The bed came in two boxes with one set of directions. The product was in good shape when I opened it; there were no defects.The set up was fairly simple once I figured out what screws went where. I was expecting something more complicated but it wasn't and I am confident that taking it apart and putting it back again should be easier. The only hangup I had was I skipped a step by accident and got confused with the placing of the next set of screws; once I discovered this the rest was simple. There was no special hardware needed outside of the allen wrench provided (2 actually). The deck is adjustable to be used with or without a box spring. When together the bed is sturdy and solid. I put this together myself. Some people may want some help; it does get a little heavy as pieces are added. Overall great quality. I am very staisfied.
I got the bed about 80% together when I realized the last step was impossible with the hardware given. I needed 12 scews and I had 12 screws left. However, they were too short. I contacted overstock and was told they could send new screws in about two weeks. I now have to wait for two weeks with a half assembled bed frame and my mattress on the floor. I can't even decide how I feel about the product because I am so frustrated with being put out by the situation. I would not recommend this product to others.
This bed looks great in my room, and was perfect for me because I didn't have to buy a new box spring - you can put it together at different heights depending on whether you want to use one or not, but with just a mattress it's fine. The directions were great and I put it together all by myself in under 2 hours, which I thought was pretty good!
I got this bed for my teenage son. He likes it and it looks great in his room. It was an ideal choice that compliments the existing furniture. I am very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is what was described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice sturdy and stylish bed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
What really sold me on this bed was the reviews and they weren't wrong. This is a very well made sturdy piece of furniture. It looks like it is a very expensive designer piece instead of an economy version. I love the fact that you can use it either with or without a box spring. The funny thing is that I had to buy some 1 inch bed risers for it because my poor roomba kept getting stuck underneath it. So if you are lazy like me, you'll need some bed risers becausee the roomba definitely complained. I would have no problem recommending this product to anyone. I did have problems with the nuts being hard to attach to the screws (I used a pair of vice grips to hold the nut in place while I tightened it from above). Incidentally, I was able to assemble this alone (the box says to use two people). It would have been easier with someone to hold the pieces together though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
We wanted a ZEN-type bed for my son's Asian-themed room, and this is the ticket!! Easy enough for a friend to assemble and it looks just great! Very solid, sturdy construction--no 'squeaky' thing going on like his old futon frame!! Love it! Thanks, Overstock!
First time I've ordered anything from Overstock. The bed was the right price for my teenaged son who may or may not destroy the bed with time. The headboard arrived with a very visible dent on the headboard, which upset me enough to want to send it back. My son did not want to wait for another bed and agreed he could live with it. But I will not buy from Overstock again since the first order came in less than perfect shape. The bed was easy to put together, though very tedious and many pieces.
This bed is fantastic! Solid, sturdy and does not budge or move. Only concern, the directions from the start are not correct. The bolt and picture numbers do not match. IE, the very first instruction is to attach the side rail to head board with obviously is not a bolt. Just go by the photo. One tip, attach slats with screws and bolts but do not tighten until all are in place. I can not say enough about the value of this bed, it is absolutely a great deal!!!!! I agree with others, the color is a dark grey, which worked perfectly for my needs. Buy this bed before it disappears!!!!!!!!
What a great buy! This bed is extremely sturdy- and all the parts actually fit together! Imagine! It took my husband and I probably around 2 hours to assemble the bed from top to bottom. The instructions weren't clear as day but it wasn't too difficult to figure out how to put it together. If you don't have any tools- the bed comes with a small fixed wrench and one of those crank-screwdrivers for the bolts. The only part I thought was a pain was putting on the support beams - trying to hold the bolts still with the fixed wrench in one hand and and crank the other side was a mundane and tiring task. EVERY beam needed to be individually attended too- however the boring work paid off because I cannot stress enough how super sturdy the bed is. I noticed a huge difference in the overall comfort level of our mattress - my back feels amazing in the morning now due to all the extra support my mattress has. We are using this bed frame with our mattress and box spring and it fits and FEELS great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a little grayer than I expected (the picture makes it look black) but it's a very dark metallic gray and still compliments the room really nicely.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality! All the pieces were well made and fit together without any hassle.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate- other than the color. Again, it is more of a dark gray.
My husband wasn't sure when I told him I ordered a bed online. When it arrived at our door, that was the first positive point. He did not have to come along on a shopping trip. When we began putting it together for our son who is still living at home and in college (18 years old), my husband was impressed with the quality. This bed is very sturdy. It was simple to put together. We've had it for 10 months and I have absolutely no complaints.
The bed is beautiful. It arrived in perfect condition and was easy to put together in about an hour. The written instructions were a bit confusing. We relied on the diagrams.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked black in the photo but is actually gun metal color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid and well constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The bed is exactly what I wanted and it is very sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality; nice and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a very solid bed. It was easy to put together, following the included instructions. As stated before, the more pieces you add, the heavier this bed gets, but was still able to put this together by myself. I have a half-height box spring and 10" mattress. When putting it together, I used the higher height for the bed. The top of the foot board comes up to the top of the mattress. I'm very pleased with the quality of this bed and how attractive this looks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dark metal grey frame with black metal slats
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We bought this bed for our 14 year old grandso.. The bed was better than I expected. It's very sturdy & didn't take long for my husband to assemble it. I am very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality - better than I imagined. really sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate