The product was delivered in good condition with no damage. Materials and construction quality appropriate to cost. Easy to put together. The base of the bench has threaded inserts to attach the legs. The legs come with premounted threaded studs. The legs are installed by screwing the studs into the inserts,taking a couple of minutes per leg. Once the legs were installed I found the stability of the connection a bit lacking. It felt like you could easily damage the inserts if you werent careful during installation. That said, we've set on it a few times and the legs seem secure enough.
Nice classic lines, very spacious storage and comfortable bench. This piece is sturdy and well constructed. Ours does not have any problems with the hinges that i have seen mentioned. We have had it for almost two years and it is still in perfect shape. Great buy.
This bench is as described. I was concerned that the color would not be accurate but it is. It is not as light as cream color (on leather furniture) but not as dark as the microfiber light brown available on lots of furniture. The storage area is fairly large, both deep and the full length of the bench. We use the bench at the foot of our king size bed and it fits very well. It would look even better if it was a little higher since our bed is high, but it looks fine as is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product quality is very good, sturdy and strong enough to sit on with no hesitation.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This would've been a great ottoman except for the fact that the hinges which attach the ottoman cover to the main storage part are clearly visible from the outside. In fact, not only are they visible, if you bumped against the back of the ottoman, you would scratch your leg against the hinges....they stick out that far. Unfortunately, this ottoman was not going against a wall, so this wasn't going to work for me. The other thing about the hingest was that on one hinge, two the of screws had popped out...and on the other hinge, it was screwed into the ottoman totally crooked. It was just really poor craftsmanship considering how good the rest of the ottoman looked.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Everything was great except for the hinges.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate