I had read a review that the chairs were small, but took a chance. They are not only small for sitting, but the backs of the chairs are really short! It makes for slightly uncomfortable sitting, and they look a little strange around my island. I wish I had gotten bigger ones. However, I put them together myself and it was relatively easy (I'm not handy at all, I usually leave that up to my husband). The positive note is since they are small I can fit more of them around my island, creating more seats for entertaining. I'm happy with them, but not thrilled. I do love Overstock.com though, everything comes fast, and the customer service is excellent!
This was a good deal for 2 chairs. They were pretty easy to put together and look just like the picture. I did have to have my dad screw the cushions into the chair for me, but other wise, it was easy. Able to adjust the chairs to 2 separate heights.
These are not as heavy/sturdy as what I had in my kitchen. But they work for me because they are smaller and actually fit better in my kitchen. The kitchen counter stools I had were heavy duty and bigger (too big). So I moved the kitchen stools to my newly renevated basement and put these in my kitchen. These work well because they are not too big for my counter. They are okay for the money. Seats are fabric and were not hard to put together. I am keeping them and they will work for me. Not the best quality, but okay for the average.
1. I live in California and per our laws, sellers must disclose if a product contains any material that is known to cause cancer or birth defects. I wasn't warned about this until I read the tag under the cushion. 2. One of the holes in the leg was drilled incorrectly and the metal pokes out into the inside, preventing the insertion of the leg extension. 3. The chair is not adjustable from underneath, but has leg exit ones that you must attach and screw on. 4. The cushion is covered in an expensive ultra suede material which looks cheap. 5. The soldering of the metal pieces is not professional. 6. The cushions are very hard. In summary, you get what you pay for. I will be replacing the cushion material and recovering them.
I was peasant ly surprise to see how beautiful these sttols are. I purchaseed 2 sets , but I honestly wish I had room for two more . They ar a grest addition to my kitchen area. they make the room pop with style and color! I absolutely love them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture does not do the actual product justice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top notch quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on accuracy on the description of the product
The stools arrived fast at my door. I was super impressed. They were easy to assemble, and I love the ability to change the height of them to accomodate my kitchen island. They honestly are the best bang for your buck especially if you're designing on a dime. Surprisingly, although the stools are quite inexpensive, they don't look cheap and are comfortable to sit on. I read a lot of the reviews on these stools, and I would have to agree with the positive reviews. I would recommend this to you as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These chairs would have been perfect however I needed a taller chair height. Make sure your calculations are right. I kept them anyway
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good