The cabinet was tricky to put together but looks great. I like the lock feature. My daughter is a cosmotologist and is using it to store her hair color boxes. My only complaint is that is won't stay closed unless you lock it. It needs some magnets or something to keep it closed when it is not locked. I have looked at it and they will have to be small and I am not sure where to mount. Anyway it is a nice looking cabinet for the money.
Obvious design decisions on this product make no sense. The latch that is intended to keep the left door from swinging open hits into the CD cases when they are loaded into the top shelf. Removing this latch makes the door just swing open at random. I am baffled that a product design to store cds would have such an obvious design flaw. Not worth the overpriced MSRP.
The holes in which the hardware fits had to be drilled in order to widen them enough to accommodate the hardware. Also, there was no labeling of the pieces (e.g., a sticker denoting pice "A"), and the directions were awkward. In sum, a poorly constructed unit. Buy only if you are a master carpenter, and even then, you're wasting your time and money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Relatively accurate
Came a little beat up, but the manufacturer provides a pen for touch ups if that is any indication of how easily this gets damaged. Holds allot of DVDs and blurays. Top shelf I would leave empty, if you fill it up on the left side, it blocks the door lock in the back and the door does not keep closed. Looks decent, takes about 3hours to clean and assembly and adjust.
I actually thought this item was much taller, but it is shorter than I anticiapted. But, no worries, I have plenty of room for all of my DVD's, CD's! I have more room than I antiicipated. Wow! Great Buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Shorter than I anticipated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Shorter than I antiicipated
The instructions were not good, none of the many parts were labeled (the pictures were also misleading, and I still don't understand why the ones with hinge holes had eight holes instead of the four required), and in only a few instances was an indication given as to which side (finished or not) should go which way. Since they're essentially rectangular boxes, I don't see why we had to put them together, a difficult task for a 45-year old and 66-year-old. So far we've only gotten two of them put together and are both dreading the third one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. All right, I guess
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? See below
Looks good but very expensive for what it is.Does not fit the amount in that it states but very neat
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good but over priced
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate cant fit in anywhere near as many dvds or vhs as it states
Very nice and functional cabinet perfect for multi-media storage. Did not get 5 stars due to the damage that occured during shipping (it was minor and I did not even request replacement) and because the assembly took a lot of time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. There was some minor shipping damage but product cam with a black of stain for "touch ups"
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
received the item scratched and a chip was out of the corner of the top. Contacted the manufacturer and they quickly sent replacement items. Very heavy piece of furniture. The only problem I have it that I have to lock the doors to keep them closed. For some reason the doors don't stay shut. Great idem otherwise
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to chip or scratch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
When I opened the product ... I was flabbergasted. The number of pieces made me wish I hadn't purchased this product, so I put it aside for a few weeks. When I finally got the nerve to TRY to put it together, it was easier than I had first thought.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? fine
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? NO ... no where does it say it comes in pieces!
Not too difficult to put together. The instructions were word for word. It's wonderful for all media. We have everything in it from BD movies, to old SNES cartridges. The shelves are really good because they don't just sit on little black pieces they actually have grooves on their underside that fit to the metal pieces you use to hold them up, and they don't fall out easily. My only issue is that the lock isn't the greatest, nor is the other hardware and tools, and the back is a little flimsy. Also the left door has a plastic bolt lock that you push up after you close it and it doesn't fit under the hole like it should. At first I thought I installed it wrong, but it's the manufactured hole that's off. All in all it's a good product.
This storage unit is a good value. It looks really contemporary with sleek and simple lines. It took me about two hours to put together so be prepared to take some time! It will definitely last me awhile but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with kids. It's not wood and I could see it breaking easily with kids hitting it or leaning on it. It was just what I was looking for though and I am very happy with it.
Once completed the finished product is attractive and functional. However, packing and assembly ease should be better. While the shipping box is sturdy all the pieces are simply stacked on each other without any protective material in-between. Several small scratches and nicks occurred in transit. A detail marker is supposedly supplied but all I received is the memo and a cap. Some of the holes for screws were missing or misaligned so I had to use a drill to complete the assembly. When completed however I have a nice unit so I gave it a tentative 4 stars.
I am very pleased with this cabinet. It is a really nice looking piece of furniture. Once my husband and I finished putting it together and filling it, we realized we had more dvds than we thought. We are going to buy the other larger model to fit the rest of our collection of dvds.
Looks very sharp, easy to put together. The lock situation is poor and takes up space where a dvd could go inside and is not easily accessible. (for the left door). The right door is the only one that has the easy key lock. Otherwise, so far it works well and serves its purpose.