I read mixed reviews about this bed. It was not hard to follow the directions and put together at all, if you have ever put together a piece of Sauder Furniture or anything. The quality is very good for the price. It is obviously not fantastic wood, but it is sturdy and well-built. The drawers slide very easily, that was my main concern. There were a few minor gouges/scratches on the wood, but nothing too noticeable. Overall, we were happy with the bed, for the price. We got the slanted bookcase headboard with it and found it pretty good quality also. Very sturdy pieces, nothing will fall apart soon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
The quality of this product is what you'd expect for the price. It's made of press board and the very top piece is wood. It assembled easily. It's very much an Ikea type of furniture in the way it assembles and looks. It's great for my 10 year old's room. I probably will secure it to the wall with some L brackets as it wobbles a bit but it looks great in a kids' room and comes together solidly. And it was not too expensive. Actually cheaper than what I think it would cost at Ikea. If you don't like Ikea furniture, don't buy this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact color match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is Average to Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This piece has a lot of niches for a child to store toys, books, or whatever they want. I thought it would attach to the bed, but it doesn't. And as an after thought, I'm glad it doesn't because then the bed and the headboard would practically be unmovable due to the weight. I recommend this headboard. It works well for our preschooler and is mature enough for when he gets older.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good piece
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We bought this headboard for my son's room. The directions were understandable and it didn't take much time to assemble. I love all the storage it has being my son's room is on the smaller side. Great product and even better price. Thanks overstock!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality was better then I had expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I ordered this for my daughters bedroom for a twin bed. It is better than I was expecting. Very heavy and sturdy. I did it myself in about 3 hours. The directions are ok, but it was sometimes hard to tell which side was the front and the back. Also, the parts were not coded. I would have had it together in less time if it weren't for those two things. The parts were all there, the holes all matched up. Went together great. So happy I ordered it!
Still waiting for part from manufacturer. I have the bed; there were no problems with it BUT the headboard came with a duplicate of one important brace while it's mirror image was missing, and the factory replacement still has not arrived - although a missing clip and 2 screws did. Not a reflection on Overstock; a reflection on the manufacturer, and probably a fluke, but the replacement part could have been a bit more forthcoming. It's been 2 weeks now.
Although this headboard looks nice, we noticed a quality issue when we were assembling the product. When the top of the headboard is screwed together, the screws went right through the top finished board. Either the screws provided were too long, or the screw holes were drilled too deep. Either way, the screws permanently damaged the top finished board. I did not seek to have the product replace, so cannot comment on any return process. During the initial order process, I did have a question and spoke online with a customer service representative who was very helpful and professional.