I wear size 10.5 shoe (mens) and am able to fit all 4 of my pair of shoes in the cubbies. You have to put them in the same way you would find them in a shoe box. My kids snow boots do not fit at all. I wish i could find a some sort of mat that could protect the top of it since my kids are constantly putting book bags, violin cases, & lunch boxes on the top when they get home from school. Overall its exactly what I was looking for and serves it purpose.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? looks exactly as in the picture
Kind of hard to assemble. My husband shoes wont fit on one case he needs two per pair he is size 12. Quality is ok. We were looking for something to seat while put our shoes without damaing the walls. So its just just okay.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Im kind of scared that it wont hold a heavy person
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
Very good detailed assembly instructions, but this is not as easy as screw, tighten and ready. This is pretty complicated and took me at least an hour and I still had to call my husband to help. The shoe cubby's themselves are kind of flimsy, and the front of those pieces are not the smooth mdf as the top/sides. The cubbys facings are rough and look like they were painted then folded, so mine needed touch ups after assembly. There is a touch up marker included, which is nice and good planning. The unit was so dusty after assembly, not sure if it was from residue of the pieces, or what, but it was tough to clean. I have other stuff made out of this material, and it's a dust magnet. You have to wipe it with a wet cloth immediately followed by a dry cloth to really get the wood dust of it. The finished unit looks ok, but in hindsight I should have looked for something that was slightly taller, but maybe I can add casters or some legs. Very well packaged and nothing missing or broken.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same, black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
The assembly process is strict forward . The biggest problem I had is the packaging. Overstock should have put the original factory shipment inside another box. The top of the bench and a couple of the support wood pieces suffered damages presumably during shipping. Consequently, I have to wait for more than another week for the replacement top to arrive. I had the same problem last time when I bought the bed from Overstock. It is frustrating for customers and costly to the company.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I actually think that this product was better than it appears in photographs. It's quite solid and better quality than I expected. It was quite easy to put together. The only negative is that the slats that are visible are slightly greyed and discolored. Though the black marker did come with it to cover up the discoloration, I wish that the effort to improve the product had been made by the manufacturer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On the whole, the color was right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quite solid. Actually better than expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I am happy with this purchase. I have a small apartment in San Francisco and the bench fits in the small entryway, holding 18+ pairs of shoes -- you can fit a couple pairs in one cubbie space for kids shoes. It looks nice, you can sit on it, and it keeps small spaces neat. My boyfriend put it together with ease but there is an important detail that is not included in the directions. *NOTE: when putting together, make sure the larger cubbie holes are at the top of the unit. This was a great tip we saw in another review that was very helpful. Overall, I recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. comparable to price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
I ordered this for my overabundance of shoes that I have. It looks and feels like high quality furniture. It is heavy and sturdy! I sit on it every morning and evening to get my shoes off and on, and I am not small. I have had several comments from friends inquiring where I got it and wanting one themselves. It holds my shoes no problem. I wear 9/9.5 womens. I even was able to place 2 pairs of sandals in some of the cubbies. My plan is to switch my shoes out with the seasons and put my pairs that are frequently worn in the cubbies, so I won't trip over them anymore! It was easy to put together and looks great! I highly recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as described. Matches other similar items I have purchased.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Heavy and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Parts of this shoe bench feel cheaply made. The dividers between shoe slots feel like paper cardboard. The back also feels this way. It does serve it's function but the main reason I don't love this product is because you have to keep in mind that the shoes clean or dirty will always be visible. It would be better if it had doors so that the cheap dividers and the stuffed shoes (they are stuffed because the slots aren't really too big) are in open view. It starts to look sloppy and the whole reason I got the shoe bench is for a more organized look.
We have this bench in our garage. We do not wear shoes in our house, so this makes it very easy to store shoes and to change shoes. My only concern is the cubbies are rather small, so for larger shoes you can only fit 1 shoe per cubby. However, we are very happy with the sturdiness of the product, and it went together well. We have just ordered a second one.
very surprised at how well and sturdy it was made. My husband is a big guy and it held him fine without any give or wiggle. Arrived with a slightly damaged box, but the contents were perfect and not to hard to assemble. It even came with a marker to fix any little scratches made when putting together.
This product was damaged in delivery but we accepted it anyway because we needed a solution quickly for our entryway. The reason it was damaged was because it's an incredibly flimsy material that's even sub-par to ****. Being that this is a high traffic product, it needs to be more durable. Definitely not worth the price. Yes, it's attractive but it's disposable. The cubbies itself aren't even stable and move when items are placed in it. If you're going to spend this much money, do what we should have done and get real wood.
I don't believe you can sit on the product. The top shelf/seat is made of one solid piece of MDF with no central support for structural stability; in other words this is not structural sound. However, this cubbie has ample storage room for shoes. You just can't sit on it.