I've enjoyed these chairs for two years now. The only reason I didn't give them five stars is because they have a seam where the chair back meets the seat that catches crumbs and is hard to clean. I had to fold a piece of paper and run the corner of it through the seams to collect the crumbs. Invariably, some crumbs get pushed down into the seam further. Yuck....don't ever want to discover what could be lurking there!
I purchased four of these chairs (two sets of two) for my new condo. Reviews seemed positive and the dimensions worked well. I'm happy with the purchase and friends/family admire the stools. Very solid, very stable, and easy to wipe clean. Some things to be aware of... - While advertised as black, I personally think there is a brown tinge to the leather. Maybe it's the other colors in my space that create this...? - They aren't super comfortable. But look at them. If you want a pillowtop bed, but that instead. They are comfy enough to post up during a party or dinner. - The front cross piece, where you rest your feet, is curved and protrudes beyond the front of the seat. Nothing wrong with that, just be aware. - Brown stitching around the edging. Maybe this is why I think the leather is black/brown. Some people like this look, some don't. Overall, I'm happy!
Very nice! Clean, contemporary style which is what I was looking for. Only dissapointment was the off-white color of the stitching used on the seats. I would have preferred black stitches on the black leather.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Haven't used them yet (they're for a new home) but they seem to be well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, except for the fact that it never mentioned that the stitching on the seat is off-white in color.
Arrived fully assembled, well packaged with no damage. Delivery came quickly. Sturdy and comfortable to sit in. Very neutral for many types of transitional to modern decor. Like that the back of the seat doesn't go too much higher than the countertop, so this lower profile design is very clean and doesnt compete with other chairs within the adjoining space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly except could elaborate that the stitching is deep golden color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, well made and completely assembled which is a bonus
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
These stools were built to last. The leather is tough in the sense that it would be very hard to rip or tear it. Nice to sit on for meals in the monring. The stools are lightweight, but they aren't light enough to break. Nice set overall.
These stools are to die for- they aren't too high and they put you at the right height for your counter top. I've seen stools of a lesser quality for more money, so I know I got a deal with these. The leather is very high quality, it's stiff in the sense that it was stitched onto the set very well. Comfortable stools, will be back to buy another set.
The counter stools arrived completely assembled, which was a nice surprise. They are lightweight, but sturdy. Updated, contemporary style. Not the most comfortable seating. The seat is not deep, and hits the leg in an uncomfortable spot -- especially for the men in our family. But overall, a decent item for the money.
These stools were exactly what we were looking for an overall we were satisfied with our purchase. They were fairly comfortable, and if I had to criticize something it would be that the leather was very hard and seemed a bit plasticky. They held up really well, and seemed quite durable which was probably a result of the hard leather. Just don't expect them to be buttery soft or supple.
I received 4 of these counter stools a few weeks ago. We needed to replace the fabric-covered stools at our kitchen counter that had been trashed by our two young boys. These have proven to be a great replacement. They look very attractive and modern, but are low profile enough to be unobtrusive and not block our line of sight between the kitchen on one side of the counter and the family room on the other. The "leather" is probably not the highest quality and is a little stiff, but based on our experience so far is extremely durable and cleans up amazingly well (even after some sticky juice spills that were not noticed for a few hours). The legs of the stools create a fairly broad base, so they do not tip over easily even when small children climb up into them. Although they are fairly narrow and have a somewhat low back, they are very comfortable, even for larger people. My husband is 6'1 and the back provides plenty of support for him. I looked at similar stools for a much higher price at a national home furnishings store, but am very glad we decided on these instead.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Just received the stools and they are just what I have been looking for. Arrived in 3 days, packaging was good and of course what a treat not having to put them together. The quality is excellent and they look perfect against my island, they rise up about 3-4 inches above the counter top and look so slick, expensive and contempary. Great purchase!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just like picture
Being a mother of four means running a tight ship and I need furniture that is no-muss, no-fuss, simple, easy to clean, comfortable, light enough to move around easily but sturdy and durable, and also, when the kids are asleep or at their grandparents, furniture that can easily look stylish once all the toys are put away. The Broadway Black Leather Counter Stools are just that kind of used and abused and still good looking at the end of the day furniture.
When I purchased these chairs I thought the legs were in a brushed steel, not shiny. I am not sure if I read the description incorrectly or if I assumed this from their look in the photo. Other than this surprise, the chairs were just as I had envisioned. I like that they are smaller than my previous counter stools yet still comfortable to sit on for long stretches. They add a more contemporary touch to my transitional kitchen. One thing to consider when purchasing these chairs is that the footprint of the chair takes up more floor space because of the slight outward angle of the legs. I am very pleased with my purchase and would purchase again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought leg were brushed steel not shiny
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mostly accurate
These stools are great. Exactly what we were looking for. After searching fir the right stool for months, I read the reviews for these stools and am completely happy with this purchase. They come quickly and assembled and ready to use! Modern and comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, great looking stools and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on target