Unlike other reviewers, I received all the hardware and all the shelving as illustrated, nothing was missing. I even had one long shelf and a few screws left over after full assembly. No scratches or dents. Instructions were easy to read, although attaching the doors was a bit of a challenge. Took me about 2 hours to put together. All my CD's, DVD's and BluRay's fit with plenty of room to spare to grow my collection. The black finish matched perfectly with that of my entertainment center. I am very satisfied with the unit and it fit perfectly for the spot I intended it to go.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
This is good for storage but not very sturdy. The locks to help hold the door in place do not latch which is inconvenient if you want to tidy up and close the doors. They are on thick carpet and tend to lean a little forward?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Instructions list all parts and indicate which of the 2 boxes that arrived have each part, the quantity, and picture of parts...but parts are not labeled. I had to sort all pieces and label them so as not use wrong piece/or set backwards because this is composite board and is not as good as solid wood. It took me almost 5 hours to put it together. It looks great! It has a stylish/modern look to it. I was aware I was purchasing composite board, hence the price of cabinet. My only complaint would be that there are two locks with no pre-drilled holes. One in the inside to lock left door, the other is the key lock on the right door. I finally got the key lock on the right door on, but the indention inside the top cabinet is not deep enough and the door does not lock. I have not put on the inside latch-type lock on the left door yet as there is no pre-drilled holes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black = black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Composite board and mdf (not real wood, but painted nicely)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate - as described.
Perfect for holding all of our video game collection including NES, SNES, 64, PS2, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP. Just what we needed, and I love the way you can change the depth of most of the shelves. Recommendations: 1. Don't buy this if you want to actually lock your storage center, it doesn't do a great job and none of the holes are predrilled for any of the locking hardware making it a hassle. Thankfully this wasn't a necessity for us. 2. Use the kit included to attach the storage center to the wall, I highly recommend this as it is very top heavy and moves a lot when it is filled especially on our bulky carpet. 3. Make sure you nail the back on the correct way or it will take you another hour to assemble : )
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it's black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, a little unstable on carpet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate except it doesn't lock well, won't keep anyone out
The unit was well packed, no missing pieces, no damage. It was only a little complicated to put together, took about 2 1/2 hours. My recommended deviation from the instructions: hammer the tack glides into the unfinished side of the bottom (step 5) BEFORE you attach the bottom to the sides and security divider (step 4). You will have a much easier time hammering those glides in with the bottom laying on the floor. This was one of the best put-it-together-yourself products I've purchased. Very sturdy - and the doors close evenly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color looked as good as it did on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. A nice looking piece of furniture!
Did you purchase this item? I'm sorry. Notice how the directions are wrong at step nine? Notice how, if you didn't read them twice you would end up rebuilding it again? Because of the directions and not reading ahead, I spent two weeks waiting for the company to send me extra parts which I thought weren't included. There is some hope, if you've purchased this and have to assemble, follow these easy steps: Use only four green dowels on step nine, the wording makes it seem as if you need more, but you don't; Paint the top part first, otherwise you'll be unhappy painting it later (if your top part is already painted, lucky you); Make sure the hole, designed for the lock, is in the correct position (see step 15) before beginning step 13; Prior to finishing step 15, measure where the screw holes should be and drill - if you have starter holes, ignore this. I personally found step 13 easier to do by setting two paint cans below the inside door shelving units prior to screwing them in. It may be easier to just send this back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Bad quality
The first unit I received had so many parts missing. I called the manufacturer as there was a paper in the box that said "Call if parts are missing" they sent me the hardware package that was COMPLETELY missing BUT there were screws missing from that pack age too!!, I had my carpenter to put it together and found out that there were NO Shelves and the sides were missing. I called the manufacturer and was told to call Overstock. I did and said because I was missing so many parts they would send a new one, IF I shipped the other one back. I HAD thrown the box away, BUT I did manage to wrap up and make a "FrankenBox" and used up mostof the tape I had and wrapped the whole thing up in paper..Was quite a workout and a lesson in innovation as it weihs SEVENTY SEVEN POUNDS!!! UPS had the order to pu and took Overstock 2 calls to get them to take it. (It weighs 77 pounds) This was originally ordered on July 3. My carpenter came today and put it together. It took him about 2and a half hours to put it together. TODAY is September 25! Overstock was VERY helpful. I asked them why they had papers in the box to call the manufacturer when they are responsible for the product. They s aid "Sorry for the confusion" I will say The cabinet looks good. My son likes it and it looks like it will be good storage for his cds games and dvds. You definitely need skill to put this together, MAKE SURE when you get it that you have all the parts there should be TWO shipped boxes.If you dont get the both boxes and have all the parts on the parts list CALL OVERSTOCK immediately NOT the number on the paper in the box for the manufacturer. Or you could be at it 3 months (like me) to get everything to put it together, Remember LOTS of pieces. Must be able to follow the directions and organize the parts, The unit looks pretty classy all finished. Looks nice in my sons room and matches his bed that I got in Overstock as well. Happy with it. Glad its done and I hope it performs as good asit looks, Very sleek and modern.Great buy none of the stores have anything this nice or with so much storage space. I DO recommend it with the previous mentioned cautions . I will continue to shop with Overstock for quality and convenience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. niceforpressed wood. A lot of dust
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The description of this storage unit is very accurate. You will nee a good 2 hours to put together.When you are finished you will have a nice looking storage unit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love this cabinent.Great quality for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Item as described
We got exactly what we expected with this media storage cabinet. It is decent quality, about what you'd expect for the price. There were many steps involved in putting it together, and it's definitely a job for two people, but the instructions were pretty clear and no pieces were missing. The touch-up marker was helpful, because there were a few (very minor) scratches. We ended up using extra nails for the backboard, and our two minor gripes are that (1) it was unclear which screws to use for the bolt on the left door (the longer ones remaining when you get to that step - in our case, the screws were black), and (2) there are no pre-drilled holes for either the bolt or for the lock on the right door. Also, the other reviews are correct: the bolt on the left door means you need to remove a couple of DVDs from the top shelf, but we put a bookend there to keep the others from falling, and it's fine. Overall, we're very pleased with how the cabinet turned out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I like it but it took a long time to put together. It only locks one door not both. That's what I don't like.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes and no
The quality is good, the only issue is that the holes didnt line up on one door so its a little "off". There is a small gap from the top of the cabinet and the door. It took my husband almost 2 hours to build it, but it wasnt too hard to build just a lot a parts. It looks really nice in our living room, but when its closed and just standing there it kinda looks like a gun case haha But we love that it locks and keeps the baby out. Good product all in all.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Super, super dusty. First off the Overstock picture shows 7 adjustable back shelves and 5 adjustable door shelves. Not the case. You get 5 back shelves and 6 door shelves. The extra shelves for the door are fine but being shorted 2 for the back means a lot less storage. It's nice to get what's in the picture. I e-mailed the company for 2 more back shelves and 8 shelf pegs. No damage or scratches, but there is one door shelf with a floppy edge veneer. It may iron back on or I will just glue it. It could really use a minor modification from the factory. You have to lock both doors or they wont stay shut. The lock is almost six feet off the ground. Therefor my girls can't open it to pick a movie. All it would need is magnetic catches on the doors along with the locks. Then you wouldn't have to lock it if you don't want to. I also bought the matching TV console. It took about two and a half hours to assemble them both. Quality was fine, you know you're buying MDF and particleboard. They go a little heavy on the glue. It scrapes off with a fingernail pretty good.