I am very pleased with this headboard. It is stylish and funcional. It took a while to put together because of its size, but it was easy and the directions were clear. While it didn't come with hardware to attach it to a bed frame and neither did the bed frame that we got, It does stand on its own with the bed frame pushed up against it and that has worked fine for us. Overall and especially for the price, it is a good product.
1. I hate overstock review submission as it erased everything important I had for you people by timing out. So that said. 2. Have a large space to individually separate each piece for installation as they are not labeled as directed in the manual and they can chip easily which you can't fix. 3. Make sure you don't use the wrong screws on the big pieces, you will know it when you make the first mistake of making the hole deeper to fit it. Once you do find it or not if lucky than turn around the large piece as you continue install. Remember the holes have been pretty much drilled about right for you to install good. 4. It look's awesome in my room after this troubling installation but for the money it's worth it.
Overall we're very happy with this headboard. We've had it for a couple months now and the only fault I can find with it is that it doesn't attach to the bed frame and we have to dust it a lot. Big whoop. Very convenient for a clip-on lamp for bedtime reading, an alarm clock, a place to put the remote control and a few personal items (books, pics, sleeping masks, tissues, etc...). No real complaints. Easy to put together, took about an hour or less. No missing or damaged pieces.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good; black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was as expected; MDF. Not the highest quality thing in the world but appropriate for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
This headboard was purchased to match a room divider in my Condo which will become a lease. For the value it is practical functional and if damaged no great loss, inexpensive enough to not be a great loss. But looks of reasonable quality. Good value
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact Black is Black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. particle board easy to assemble with the value if need to replace after one year but believe it will hold up longer
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, A BOOKCASE HEADBOARD TO SUPPORT A READING LAMP........AND A LITTLE STORAGE SPACE AS A BONUS.... ALWAYS HAPPY WITH OVERSTOCK.COM.....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? IT WAS THE SAME COLOR AS THE PICTURE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. THE QUALITY WAS GOOD FOR THE PRICE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT
We got this headboard/shelves a while back and it stills looks good and still solid as a rock. Finish is nice and we love the look. we are very happy with it. Thanks Overstock!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid quality. Very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very precise.
I was more than happy with this purchase, just a couple of little things to note. Firstly, the parts didn't have all the pre cut holes that it should have, so that was a bit annoying and made assembly a challenge. Secondly, its actually quite low, which you can't tell from the picture. I have a standard size mattress and bed frame, but couldn't see all the compartments on the headboard until I propped it up with some books! Once it was up though it looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
If you can't get on the floor to assemble,use a bed or table. This is a very heavy unit to assemble. If I ever did it again I would have help. I used a power drill driver and hammer. Unfortunately,the dowels broke through the top on 3 of my "taps" I am a 62 yr. old lady and have put many items together,but this one I would never tackle again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Paricle board even the Topper...it is fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Assembly: With a power screw driver and a hammer, it's not too bad to assemble if you read through the directions. However, not everything is perfectly aligned or cut always so be prepared for that and to wiggle here and there. Be very careful cleaning it off, the surface can scuff and scratch easily. Overall, when it's completed it looks very cheap. The bottom middle bows slightly and I can see the unfinished edge (maybe 1mm) slightly). It's flexible, so maybe I can find a way to get it to stay back a bit. The top molding seems to have a gap no matter how much I try to adjust it (I blame the cheap connectors). The headboard is also way too short for our mattress and box spring, which is on a regular metal frame. It shouldn't be an issue with today's thick mattresses. Ultimately I'll either throw this out or perhaps by some wood to raise it about 6 inches. Either way I don't think it will last more than a few years based on the quality. I wasn't expecting heirloom quality furniture, but I expected it to be as least as good as the companion night stands and it's not. 2/5 stars mainly because it's assembled and came with all of the pieces.
We like this product. It wasn't too difficult to put together although being for the king it did take 2 of us. So far it has worked very well with just the right amount of storage. Our only complaint is that it does not attach to the frame so it tends to shake whenever one of us rolls over.
ok, so it shipped really fast which is good!! i think it took me longer to put it together than the actual shipping time. the instructions were not helpful, none of the pieces were labled, everything was backwards, and i had to re_assemble it 3 times to get it right. the back piece is just a thin piece of particle or poster board, pretty flimsy, overall look once assembled was good! will need to add a few L-brackets to keep sturdy
The back of the headboard is a thin piece of particleboard (almost like thick poster board) which was delivered with a cut in the back. The only way to fix is to add some glue and paint it black. Plus, the back is not sturdy and must be reinforced with sturdy staples so it doesn't fall off. This headboard will only work if it is not moved to cause the back of it to fall off. Please note that the headboard is not made to fit a platform bed with normal size king box spring and king mattress. If so, you will need to add some sort of a platform to the headboard to raise it at least 6 inches. The headboard looks okay and is fine for the price paid.
all the pieces where there but after assebly it was slanted. looks completelty silly i wish i could put a picture for you to c.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I cant say
I have a Cal King sized bed and I questioned if the headboard was going to fit properly. Long story short, it looks great. It looks just like the picture. It would have been nice if it came with the attachment to attach the headboard to the actual bed frame.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great for the money.
Bed is built of inferior wood products that were not mentioned in description. For the low price it will do what I need it to do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor to average.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
This headboard is great for storage needs. It has plenty of cubby spaces so it is multifunctioning for a room that does not offer a lot of storage space!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The assembly is straight forward. BUT the box was open, tape not secure, when we got it. The manufacuter is making good on replacing missing parts. It is taking weeks instead of hours to assemble. Also there are NO Holes to attache the bed frame....
We received our headboard, along with the Broadway platform bed, a little over a month ago and LOVE it! We upgraded from a double to a king, and lost a lot of storage in the process since the bed takes up almost our entire room. This headboard is perfect for keeping practical items like a glass of water, phone or books, but also great for having decor, such as votive holders or picture frames. If you toss and turn a lot in your sleep you may want to keep it empty, since it is right at head level. My boyfriend has often hit his hand on it while sleeping, I however, have not. It is sturdy, looks great, and is exactly what I had hoped it would be...and the price was great as well!
this headboard is really nice and is very sturdy. however it is very hard to put together. i was able to put it together by myself but it took a very long time and the pieces are very heavy. i recomment having 2 people to put it together. i used a drill and i cant imagine trying to put this together without one. it does not come with any holes for attaching a frame so if you want it attached you will need to drill the holes yourself. i however did not attach the frame as the headboard is very solid and will not move. i also did not want to take a chance on splitting the composite wood that the frame would attach to.