This is a very elegant looking tv stand, and great value for the price. I looks like a $600 - 700 unit, the only downside is how easily it can get damaged. For example, I was vacuuming near the tv stand and brushed up against it with the vacuum, and took a chunk out of the front (i barely touched it by the way). One of the glass doors was pre-fabed incorrectly, but I called the number on the instructions and a new door was sent out the next day. Overall, I would recommend this unit for someone looking to save money but still achieve the high end look.
We are so happy with the TV Console. Took my husband about 3 hours to put it together and that is because he is a "how to" direction reader. The console itself is more than I thought it would be, everything went together perfectly, there was no glue on the glass, no chips or nicks and the TV looks great on it. We are very happy and would recommend this product to anyone.
Fit all my components perfect and the one thing was it fit the center channel perfect. The picture looks grayish black ... don't worry its fully black with no gray tint at all. Most reviews are right about the material and easy to ding but for the price this thing looks Perfect! Nothing was broke and everything was there when opened ... I would recommend a power drill as well with a Phillips bit adapter ... it made putting this together SO easy, I had it done in about 45 minutes. The tinted glass is a Very Slight Tint and does not hinder any IR remotes at all .... the tint is very light so if you are looking for a dark tint where you cant see the components inside this is not the one ... but is slightly darker then the picture. For the size of this being as wide as it is you will not find a better deal! I needed one that was at least 60" wide to fit my new Sharp 70" TV and this fit the bill perfect! Perfect space for the center channel and all components. I did cut a section out the back for a little more ventilation as well. And the ones thing really nice is this unit looks "Fancy" for lack of better word without the outrageous fancy price tag. Goes great with all the black furniture and looks like I paid 2-3 times more for it then I did. All the specs were correct as well inside and out. Can't beat this for the price ... I would recommend this unit to Anyone!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks grey on website picture ... it's actually solid black (so don't worry about it being a black with a gray tint or anything)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not bad for the price ... be careful cause you can easily chip and ding this very easy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other then the color in the picture the site details were accurate
The previous reviews I read were very helpful.I bought this product knowing it wasn't going to be a piece of craftsmanship, but that it would serve my purpose. My purpose was to have a lower stand to put a large flatscreen on and hide my components. The entertainment center fit all my criteria...functionality and price.I was a bit more surprised with the small places that showed a bit of the wood (pressed wood). I was able to take a black permanent marker and touch those spots up.Like the reviews I read before, once it is put together and everything is in its place (and you don't nick pick the thing) it looks good.
I ordered this TV stand because it was the right size, reasonably priced, and the color I was looking for. Received the package in about a week after ordering. Right out of the box, there were 3 pieces that were damaged and we had to reorder via the web site included in the packaging. The company is from Canada so the replacement parts took another week or so to come. My husband put the stand together pretty much by himself so it was easy in that respect. Wasn't thrilled with the quality of the piece. All particle board. The paint job on it was iffy, almost like it wasn't allowed to dry long enough. The edges of the piece looked a little worn right out of the box. I might've returned the stand if my husband hadn't already disposed of the packaging. Once the piece was in place though it does look OK. I do like the shelving and the abiltiy to close the components behind glass. There is plenty of room for the DVD player, cable box, my son's Wii and all it's components.
It took forever for the cabinet to arrive. I would say over two weeks. When it arrived, the top of it has two spots where the wood has bubbled and the paint is chipped. I informed Overstock and they are sending a new top....... which is a real pain since the TV is set on it already. Hubby will have to remove everything and put the new top on. Quite a bit of hassle for something that was not cheap. I should of asked for a discount on the regular price instead of all this nonsense. If the cabinet would of arrived undamaged and in a reasonable amount of time.... I would of gave it 5 stars.
I'm very happy with the look of this product. For the price I didn't expect it to be made out of laminated fiber board. Also, get ready to clean each piece as it was very dusty. Assembly was rather easy and directions were very detailed except pieces weren't lettered, or coded in any way. Also the doors are a chore to clean. They evidently used glue to seal each piece of the frame around the glass. The manufacturer failed to wipe off all this glue. I think for the price of this item, you shouldn't have to deal with cleaning the product as extensively as you do. Once put together, it's a very sturdy, attractive piece and the cabinets have plenty of room, good wire routing holes and good ventilation for those components that tend to get hot. I ultimately bought it for it's look and size. It's 60 inches wide x 27 inches tall. They're aren't many stands that offer this width and height. My 50 inch Plasma fits perfectly on it and I still have room on either side for some front BOSE speakers. Or the extra space is great for decorative items. I chose this product as it was the only option that met my dimentional needs and it was within my price range, barely.
Good quality set. Easy to assemble, took about 65 minutes. Lots of space for consoles, PS4, receiver, router, modem, cable box, etc. Expresso color, definitely on the darker side. It's height is about above-knee length (I'm 6'). Console length complements 60" LED TV perfectly.
Product was well packed, arrived promptly, and was easy to assemble. Looks great in my living room. Nice quality finish. Did notice that the front bottom piece, including the front legs, is not finished on the underside. Thus if you look to at the inside edge of the front legs from a low point of view you can see the natural fiberboard.
Although the product is soft wood and can scratch & dent easily, it is well manufactured, looks good and easy to assemble. The only negative comment on this product is that the dowel pins that align the top surface with the sides are made of plastic, if you don't have them lined up exactly straight they can break, which happened to one of mine. Luckily the broken pin was still lond enough where I could use it. An improvement would be to use steel or wood dowel pins. All in all, a good buy.
Great entertainment center once you get it put together :) Looks great in person, very classic and well built.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is black in person, just like shown on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality and durable, well worth the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
Wow! This is a sleek and modern looking credenza. Even more, this is a dream to assemble, easy!!!!! The directions show diagrams, keys and verbal instructions with the time it should take for each step. Super Easy to Assemble! Components fit easily into this unit, no need to drill any. Additional holes for wires. Worth the price. Happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good but be careful or you will nick the finish if you are not careful assembling this piece.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
This is worth the price and assembling is fairly easy if you have a battery operated screwdriver. Watch that the black finish pieces face the front. This is not clear on the assembly instruction picture sheet. The glass doors are not frosted, which is difficult to see in the picture. Overall this piece is a very good value! The live chat was also very helpful while browsing Overstocks website in terms of getting specific questions answered.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
It was surprisingly easy to assemble, about 2 hours total for a couple of novices. Very attractive and expensive looking piece of furniture. Very happy with our Overstock experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a quality piece of furniture, very solid and well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I ordered the tv stand for our new home, and my husband loves it! It is sturdy, holds up our 50' DLP with no problem. The instructions to assemble the piece was easy to follow, we were able to put it together in under an hour. It really compliments the modern look of our home. The height is perfect, puts the tv right at eye-level if you have a standard height couch. Overall, we are very happy with this buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color appears a bit greyish in the picture. It is actually black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, pretty high quality, durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have not purchased from Overstock.com before but if this product is typical of the quality. I'm a fan! I bought this console because of size requirements, appearance and price. It is perfectr. The console was RTA and packaged most securely to insure no damage or breakage. The instructions are easy and the finished product is gorgeous. The only problem I had was that the UPS person delivered it to the wrong address so I had gto retrieve it from my neighbors front porch. That is not the fault of OS.Com nor the manufacturer. If you need a fair priced console capable of handling your big scfreen plus 6 or 7 components, this is a winner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High tech engineering enabled all the parts to fit snugly and the final appearance is great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? To a "Tee"
Ordered this cabinet on a Saturday--it arrived the following Tuesday in 2 large boxes. The cabinet pieces were VERY WELL packaged and the instructions easy to follow. Build time about a hour. You do need a drill for some screws that are not pre-drilled. Otherwise a screwdriver is all you need. Very good instructions. The cabinet went together nicely and looks great! The black looks especailly good if you have matching components.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good overall quailty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This tv and av stand is good and wide enough for me to put a lot of my home theater equipment under. I need more room for power amplifier and still got a spare for my dvd disc, movie, music cd
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as ad