Item shipped in two boxes and one of them came pretty badly damaged. From what I read, this is common with this unit. Fortunately only one part was damaged beyond use. Unfortunately, that part was the top of the stand. I ordered a replacement online from Prepac and it took over two weeks to arrive. As I have also read about, many of the parts had minor chips and scratches in the finish and glue on them from the laminating process. Once assembled, these defects are not at all noticeable. Assembly was fairly straight forward, but you need to pay close attention because many of the pieces look alike, but go in very specific places. One the unit was all together, it sagged in the middle. I used pieces of 2x4 under the middle dividers to get it propped up. All of these quality issues aside, it is a good looking unit. It has plenty of room for many components. And with the extra wood holding up the middle, it feels very solid.
Wow, love this piece! So solid and well made. In spite of previous reviews, it did come in two boxes but all the parts and pieces where included and I had no problem putting it together myself. It did take a couple of hours but I was watching the news about Boston while I was building it so...once you separated the parts I followed the instructions to a "t" and it went together easily. It is super solid and heavy and better than the price I paid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
Nice tv stand for the money, but the way it was packaged for shipping was not good. It came in two boxes. The box with the glass doors was packaged very well. The box with the rest of the product was package loose with all the parts banging against one another. There was allot of scratches with the paint removed on the parts. I had to touch up almost every piece. To bad they could not spend a few dollars on packaging material. One of the legs was missing. I called the company and they shipped it out the next day. I told them I needed a right leg and was shipped a left leg. I redrilled the leg to make it work. Once you touch up the scratches it looks great, plus it is easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. qualit is about as good as it gets for the cost of this product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
I read with great confusion other reviews, but ultimately purchased this item, so far very happy with it. One comment from another owner mentions the etching in the window of the cabinet doors, that concerned me. Well after getting the product and seeing the actual size and viability of etching, it is of NO concern whatsoever. You would have to be AR to be bothered by such a non-issue. You would also have to have the vision of an Eagle or be sitting a foot from the door for it to bother you, so again a zero concern by someone who is way AR. Quality is good, the only con would be if your audio/video equipment is large, like my receiver is, you may have to put it in the cabinet first, before installing the door, as the hinge can get in the way. It was simple enough to temporarily remove the door in order to get my Onkyo receiver in the cabinet. Otherwise it looks great and am very happy with it. Two pieces of advice, I installed those slider stick-on feet to the bottom of the 8 legs, for obvious reasons, so that if I do have to move or slid it some I can. Also I did and would recommend drilling some additional half inch holes into the upper back cardboard panel to provide additional air ventilation as my receiver gets quite hot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality for this price I thougth was excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was spot on.
The cabinet looks great, the only problem is that it took half a day to put together, lots of screws-nuts and bolts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Built Well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This is a very nice tv stand and very sturdy. Upon initial shipment some of the pieces were broked and it took a couple shipments to get them replaced but once I had everything it was great. Be patient putting this together..the assembly book is like 50 pages long..but once you're done it is all worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cabinet is built very well and very heavy so it will hold a large Tv.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
this piece looked good on site. But once assembled, BEAUTIFULL. great thought in how it was designed. better than picture, looks incredible with LG 5270(52") LCD tv. keeps dust out of storage area. It is a SOLID piece once assembled. I mean SOLID. No movement, no wiggle. My wife and I love it. Guests are wide eyed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. really, really, surprised and satisfied with this product. Beautifull piece.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description, but does not do it justice.
This unit uses the "cam" system to put together... Very easy to assemble, instructions are accurate. 65" Plasma fits well and should also be applicable to 80"
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I purchased a lot products from overstock.com and this one is the best with quality and package . The TV stand arrived on time as usual and we are supprised that the package is excellent without ANY even small demages considering for this kind of heavy furniture package. It suits our 42" TV perfectly. The quality of the stand is very good and details . The assembly is easy and took less then one hour .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Looking at the picture on the website, I thought this is exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately, each of the glass doors has words and numbers etched right in the glass. It takes up a one inch by one inch square and because it is etched, it is white and looks absolutely terrible. I based my purchase on the previous reviews and had I known about the glass, I would have never made this purchase. If it was not a heavy item, I would have returned it. I would not recommend this TV stand.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was the same as stated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am satisfied with the quality except the doors
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It did not state a huge flaw in the product
We received our cabinet after waiting about a week and a half for it to arrive. The tracking #'s provided showed that it was accepted by UPS but then it sat at UPS for about a week. After checking with UPS, we found out this was coming from Canada. Oh, no wonder, it was stuck in customs. Once it did arrive, the boxes were in perfect condition, vs some of the other comments that said that they arrived damaged. We looked over each piece and there was no damage on any of them. I have heard in other reviews that some people have received items that are scratched or broken. None of that here! My husband assembled the cabinet in about 2 hours. I will admit that the instructions are a complete waste of time. It took longer to figure out the instructions than it did to actually put it together. However, if you pay REALLY close attention, you can figure it out. It would have made it so much easier if they could have just put a label on each piece to indicate which one it was in the instructions. The only way we could figure it out was to match the pre-drilled holes and then find them on the instruction sheet. I bet that assembly would have been cut in 1/2 if each piece would have been labeled (as other prefab furniture companies do). The piece is nice and sturdy and weighs a ton when finished. Which I like. A nice, solid piece of furniture. Our stereo and other video components fit in there perfectly. I love the fact that it has 3 doors to keep the dust out. So this was a wonderful purchase - especially for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched perfectly!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was right on the money
much easier to assemble than some of the reviews indicate. one of the delivery boxes was ripped open but only a few minor scratches that really aren't noticeable- especially after covering with a sharpie. looks very nice and is high quality for the money.
Looks good only in photos. Quality of material is very low and many of the parts had chips on them. Took me more than 3 hrs to assemble. Totally not worth the effort and price. You are better of just going to a local store and buying a pre-assembled entertainment center of similar type.
We are happy with the overall look and quality of this TV stand. It was difficult to assemble and took us about 8 hours to put it together. All of the parts came in a large bag and had to be separated and labeled. It was not clear what part was what and there was one error in the assembly instructions. We were somewhat disappointed that only one side of some of the parts are black, leaving a small strip of the compressed wood exposed in the back of the cabinet. You cannot see it once you have your DVD player, cable box etc. placed in the cabinets but it is just a frustrating shortcut that the manufacturer made.
This TV stand looks nice but has a very bad quality. All of the TV stand legs/posts (8 pieces) cracked when I assembled them together. I was gently hand screwed but they cracked. This TV stand is made to move for 1 time. If you move it around too much then it will crumble to pieces. Only the top is made in one piece, the 3 partitions that you see in the picture are joint together by the top piece and they are separate pieces in the bottom. I gave it 3 stars because it looks nice. I bought this because others rated it good for quality. Well, no good quality for me!
We were very pleased to have found this product on Overstock at a great value. We had comparison shopped at *******looking at similar style units (also requiring assembly) and the difference in price was substantial. Not only did we save money by purchasing through Overstock, we really like to quality of the media center. I strongly recommend having an electric screwdriver for the assembly. It took us (two people) with this tool 1 1/2 hours to assemble. It looks great!
The instructions for assembling this were ridiculous: my husband and I tossed them out and just intuited how the darn thing was supposed to come together. But now that it's assembled, we're pretty happy with it. It's quite heavy, looks nice, and seems to be holding up well. For the money, I would purchase again.