The assembly instructions are marginal. The manufacturer needs to change out the cotter pins with Cotter loops (similar to key rings). This will help eliminate tearing of the fabric. I made this change myself and it is much better. The webpage for the company doesn't exist - but the phone number in the assembly instructions does get you to the company.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close....I ordered the Mocha. Even used to the Overstock Chat to make user as the color of the order didn't match the picture of the item. BUT, the wrong color was still shipped.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product seems well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description - wrong color
My "original" choice was the Brenden Full Mission Style futon, and on it's Construction Description; and User Reviews. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Brendan-Perfect-Sit-Sleep-Mission-style-Pillow-Top-Full-Sofa-Bed/7549143/product.html It appeared that the Brenden Perfect Sit & Sleep was of the same construction, adding skirting at the front & back, for utilizing storage space below the Futon, so I chose it over the Full Mission for that purpose only. As it turned out, the Perfect Sleep is far from perfect, and is grossly inferior to the Full Mission Style mattress!!!! The springs are hardly compressed, and worse, the padding between the springs & cover is quite thin--an inch at most, and if it's cheap foam as I expect it is, it will collapse in short order!!! If Overstock had utilized an equally thorough description of the mattress construction on the Perfect Sit & Sleep as on the Full Mission, I would have purchased the Full Mission instead of this one. I have this in a small room. and I hoped that, like an some other Futons I saw, with it's back against the wall it could open to a bed without pulling it out from the wall. This unit requires it to be 10-12 inches from the wall to open to a bed. The mattress is "springy" & "mildly" lumpy, and there's good reason for the Bolster cushions---- If you sit at the end near the arm rail, it will sag down 4 inches; further evidence of the poor quality of the mattress; and the skirting that prompted me to buy this futon constantly comes loose--"rubbing salt into the wound" As to assembly, the manual is vague & poorly written --- The User Reviews for the Full Mission apply, as the frame is apparently the same. To summarize: The , so called, Perfect Sit & Sleep mattress is cheap, poorly constructed, uncomfortable and will likely become unbearable after minimal use !!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Quite accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor-per my expectations!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely poor -vauge and incomplete
Consume very large amounts of alcohol prior to assembly, this MAY help. Alignment of holes is poor at best. While spreading the spring assembly the metal ripped. Thank goodness for the YouTube link or I may have set fire to it. I would NOT recommend this to a friend or an enemy.