I read many reviews before ordering this product about all the issues with building the product ie took 3+hours, hard to read instructions, lots of parts, etc. The reality is the Futon went together in less than 30min, very easy to build and instructions were well laid out. The extra set of bolts/nuts were for metal arms vs wood arms. So, if you read the other reviews, don't believe it. When you lay out all the pieces, it is very simple. Product is high quality for price and glad I spent an extra $20 for spring loaded mattress
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and high quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Received the product damaged (left wooden arm was missing a corner support and wood was splintered). I called the 1-800 number as per the instructions and they sent me a replacement in less than a week. Many have complained about the assembly and difficulty therein. I had no issues with assembly and found the instructions to be simple to comprehend. Assembly took less than an hour and a half and was easy to follow. Daughter and friend slept on and found it very comfortable. Would recommend to those looking for a reasonably priced futon that exudes quality.
After placing a 2 inch memory foam mattress topper and futon cover on this mattress, it is quite comfortable. Just added to the overall cost a bit too much. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but of I purchased a futon again, I would purchase the frame separately and read up on finding the best mattress deal out there. Buying this combo package did not offer any savings anyway. Overall it is a decent piece of furniture at a lower price than you find in stores.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Frame is solid once put together, will likely get some good use out of it, looks good too. The mattress is unconfortable, can feel springs, not near the padding advertised, 7 inches max.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Disappointed with mattress.
I sent this to my son's new house for myself to sleep on when I visited at Christmas.It was very comfortable
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mattress was very comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description matched
Was easy to put together one I followed direction. Good quality and looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
we bought this to have somewhere to sleep near the baby room in the beginning. it did not disappoint. very comfortable - the inner spring mattress is a must!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
There were many choices of futons on Overstock and I finally chose this one because of the elegance of design. I am glad I did. The futon couch/bed is lovely. Having read a review saying that the instructions were not clear I hired someone to put it together for me. He said that one of the first instructions was backwards, but after that he had no problem sorting it all out. I am really happy with my choice both for the elegance and comfort. A wonderful product, great value for money.
Yes, I only paid $410 for this futon couch, but I had to pay $100 to a professional handyman to come to my house with a set of tools to build it---after a week of studying the parts, the YouTube videos and the very scant directions. It arrives in 3 packages with almost 100 screws, bolts, washers, lock washers in plastic packages that had ripped open so washers were rolling everywhere in the box. The handyman used the following tools to build this futon couch and it took him 2 1/2 hours to do so: set of Allen wrenches, especially a #5, a crescent wrench,both kinds of screwdrivers, vice grips, various awls, a mallet, etc. I asked him to rate the level of difficulty of the item and on a scale of 1 -10 with 10 as most difficult he rated it a 7. In the end,after the 2 1/2 hours by a professional handyman, the Cottonwood futon couch looks as it is pictured, but unfortunately because of the metal springs it squeaks loudly like your grandparents' old bed from times gone by. Just remember: YOU CANNOT BUILD THIS YOURSELF.