This was fairly easy to assemble, however it took me about two hours to do it on my own and Im fairly handy. As someone else mentioned, an electric screwdriver will really help. The directions are not the most clear. They lack a lot of detail and have several steps per picture. I noticed that for the smaller parts there was just no way to tell which way they should be facing based on the picture. Its easy to reason it out, but the instructions wont really give you a lot of clues. The color is pretty true to the picture. It does have a cherry color to it, so be aware. For me, it was exactly what I was looking for. A couple of notes. The wooden pegs used for some of the assembly are smaller than the pre-drilled holes. You might want to have some wood glue handy when you put this together. Also, I was having a heck of a time getting one piece to attach. It turned out that I had over tightened (with the electric screwdriver) the peg part of the cam bolts. If youre having a problem getting the cam bolts to lock you may want to try loosening the peg part (less than a quarter turn for me) so they line up better. Once I figured that out it made it easier and everything came together without any more issues. This is fairly sturdy. It came in two boxes, one about forty pounds, the other close to eighty. Just be aware that theyre heavy. The fire is fine, about what youd expect for this price point. Its fun to play around with the lighting, through the loud beep is a little disconcerting. One thing that I don't remember seeing on Overstock which was included in the box information was that a television over 46 inches was not recommended,. I havent played with the heater really, its June, but I did turn it on briefly as I was messing around with the whole thing and it started shooting out hot air right away. Overall Id recommend this product.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Wow, talk about being super impressed. Read all of the reviews prior to the purchase as well as surfed the net to make sure this is what I wanted. It was relatively easy for my hubby and son to put together. It is a very dark color almost a black. I feel the logs and flames look as real as can be expected and it really does put plenty of warmth out. I am thrilled that I took the chance on such a high dollar item without seeing it in person. It was well worth it. Thanks to the reviewers to, the comments always help me out.
5 stars. I was very impressed with the overall quality. It looks really nice and it is a solid piece of furniture. It took me about an hour to assemble and everything fit together very nicely. I have it in our master bedroom and it heats that room to a very comfortable level in a short period of time. If I had one complaint it would be that the heater and fake fireplace is just a little bit noisy but it's nothing that would stop me from purchasing another one.
This product was easy to put together, looks great, holds TV, Dvd player, Cable box, WII, etc. in easy reach. Has storage on the sides, and best of all the fireplace which looks great and has a heater if desired. Makes for a great TV room, with all the comfort of a real fireplace, and the looks of actual flames. I love it.
We recieved the fireplace within a week. It was a bit difficult to put together. The first one we recieved the fireplace was very noisy so we had to return it. We recieved the replacement within a week and it worked fine. They gave us a shipping label to return the broken fireplace. It looks just like the picture. The color is exact. It is nice looking and the heater when on puts out a LOT of heat. When the heat is not on the fire is a nice background. I think it was a good deal and the customer service was outstanding.
This piece is what I call a mid-grade piece. It's not made by the Amish or in your garage by a wood craftsman. If thats what your looking for then this is not that and you will spend $1,200.00 to $1,800.00 as thats what a hardy wood piece like this cost. But if your looking to add a very nice piece to your homedecore, that looks amazing for the price ($$$) shipped, then this is it. Looks Great, Fireplace heats up my downstairs (30' x 20') and I get alot of complements. Took about 90 minitues to put together (the TV Stand) the fireplace just slides in and 2 screws hold it in place.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Color!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the Price and quality it's well worth every dollar!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, and very easy to install....
I have such a small house, it made sense to replace a larger media cabinet plus the standalone electric fireplace I had when I bought a new flatscreen tv. I was a bit concerned by reviews that said it was difficult to assemble, but my boyfriend had it together in less than an hour. Of course, he's quite the handyman. If I'd done it, it would have taken much longer. The quality seems good, the color was what I expected. I like having doors over the shelves. I am somewhat disappointed in the fireplace, however. The Dimplex standalone I had previously served me well for several years, and is now warming my boyfriend's big bedroom, so not a total loss. But this fireplace is so much noisier than my old one, even when it's just the flame and logs turned on without the heater. Perhaps I should see about swapping the fireplace. Maybe it's defective? And this one doesn't put out the amount of heat my old one did. We'll see how things go as winter sets in. All in all, I'm happy with it. I suppose any time I have the noisy fireplace on I'll also have the tv or stereo on, so perhaps it won't be as annoying as I expect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems solid on the cabinet. The fireplace is disappointing compared to the standalone electric fireplace I gave away to make room for this. Noisy, and doesn't put out as much heat.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a beautiful piece of furniture for your bedroom, living room, or guest room. Unfortunately, when it arrived, it had sustained some minor damage to the side panels. But we were able to contact the Customer Service line quickly, and immediately got connected to an agent. She was extremely helpful and polite, and in less than a week, we received the new parts. The Customer Service was wonderful and there was no hassle at all involved in getting the damaged parts replaced. The console took a bit to put together, but we had separated our time into a day or two because of work, etc. It's fairly easy for two people to move, and overall, it looks great! The fireplace looks realistic and the heater is a great addition. I would recommend this product, as well as this site, to anyone interested in getting great quality furniture for a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matched the description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
The heater went out after 3 years. I called the company and they were really nice and helpful. I had to replace the heater part and it was $35 included shipping. It was under warranty for 1 year, so I guessing I did good. It really keeps the space warm and its pretty to look at even in the summer (You can use the firelace lights without heater. I'm just saying. LOL)
This is lovely and puts out more heat than I expected. It is in our downstairs family room, where it is colder than the rest of the house in the winter, but this does the trick. The flames are adjustable. Of course it doesn't look completely "real," but it's darn close. I only wish it had matching side towers to complete the look. I got a great price when it was on sale, and it's much more attractive than anyhing I've seen in stores. We put on the bottom backwards- and didn't realize until it was almost fully assembled. We decided it wasn't worth the hassle to start over again, and no one has a clue it's backwards except us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, but quite a challenge to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
Over all this could be a nive piece if it had not been damaged. The fireplace is extremely noisy when you turn the heat on. We are hopeing after more use the fan will quiet down
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cabinet came in damaged..it was all put together before we noticed and hubby didn't want to take apat to send back. The left and right corners were damaged and we used scratch pens to cover
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Recieved my Branick Expresso Media Cabinet unfortunetely the fireplace did not work,however when I contacted customer service I recieved a replacement within a week.The console itself was very nice,good quality.The people I dealt with (customer service} were very helpful and professional.Thanks for making a not so great experience a good one.They stand behind their products!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The first electric fireplace had internal damage, but Overstock.Com replaced it in 3 days. Excellen service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? gook
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
This product is beautiful and functional. Simple to erect and works like a charm.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and built with quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Precise!
I love my new fireplace. I was able to put it together easily by myself. As a single woman this was very important because I didn't want to burden anyone with having to complete this project for me. I did not put it together all at one time so it took a total of about 5-6 hours to put it together. It is VERY heavy so I was very thankful that the UPS guy was willing to bring it downstairs for me, otherwise this would have been a huge problem for me. I could have done it myself, however, if I brought it down 1 piece at a time. I was a little disappointed that it did have a few scratches on it. Especially on the top of the mantel. They were deep scratches that had obviously happened before the stain was applied so the quality of the craftsmanship wasn't exactly up to par. I was able to hide these scratches with pictures, etc, but still it was a disappointment. It heats up the downstairs area (finished basement) very quickly and efficiently. It is very pretty. And, it is great for holding all my media equipment (my tv is hung on the wall). It also did smell strongly of the stained finish for about a week. Overall, I love my purchase and would recommend it to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? little lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i feel that it is good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I really enjoy this electric fireplace. Fire looks real, throws off just the right amount of heat, looks great in my family room, and excellent TV stand for my large flat screen. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love this Fireplace, it has a lot of room to put Albums, Books and CD's It keeps the Room very warm and cozy. No regrets!!! I just love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as on display.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Received product within a few days and my husband and son put it together in a few hours. The heater works wonderfully and puts out lots of heat. Had a family emergency so lots of out of towners came to from warm weather to my cold weather and were very impressed by the heat output and look of item. Many thought it was a real fireplace! I am very happy with my purchase and glad I took the time to read through reviews of this item and others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches picture but I would expect expect an espresso color to be darker. But I am happy with it regardless.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.