We needed a futon for our small cabin that would also be a comfortable bed for two people. This futon fits the bill perfectly! It is an excellent product for the price. The only negative is that it is difficult to open and close by just one person (mostly due to the weight of the mattress). Overall, we are very happy with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The frame is heavy and solid. The mattress is thick and quite comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The futon looks great. The wood color mahogany was a littler cherrier that I would have liked. But the mattress is plump and what I was hoping for. It came with an extra bag of nuts and stuff with no directions, that I guess I didn't need to put it together. It was a little confusing to put together and difficult with the tiny alan wrench and just picture directions. And it didn't really tell you which side of the metal back was the top of the seat or the bottom, so I put it on wrong and decided not to fix it because the handles didn't even fit into the metal bed like they were suppose to. But all in all it is a good looking bed for the price. I am happy I bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product seems pretty sturdy, but I haven't had anyone sleep in it yet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
I think it is important to realize this is not an expensive piece of furniture. However it is very comfortable for short and tall people both sitting and sleeping. The styling is very utilitarian but no different from what is pictured. The mattress is very comfortable not too firm and not too soft and is covered with a decent quality microfiber cover. Assembly was an adventure but not insurmountable if you are organized and realize that the hardware pack and instructions are probable universal for every futon the manufacturer sells. We had everything we needed and parts left over but knowing where each screw went was a challenge. I would suggest that you don't rely on the tools supplied. In short after reading the reviews I was worried but this fit my price point and I liked the look. Now I am as happy as I could hope..
The frame work is great and it was easy to assemble. The look is fair and the mattress/cushion is fair. If I were to have seen this in a friends house I would not have purchased it, the look is somewhat cheap. But it will serve the purpose of an overnight visitor or having to stay in the basement on those storm days/nights, it will easily sleep a 6 ft 3 in person plus one more. Hopefully I can sew a more pleasant covering and place a "down" bedding inside for comfort. I would not recommend this product to a friend.
I got this for a small guest bedroom. I really wanted a queen size instead of double, and I wanted something comfortable. I wasn't crazy about the color choices, but chose the celery green - I thought it would be a little brighter green, instead it is more of a mossy color. Came in two boxes. I had my Mom and Dad assemble while I was working on other things, and it took them a whlie (they were in no rush) but they got it done. At first opening and closing was difficult, but it is getting easier. The front bar looks flimsy, but it seems to be stable enough. This is a large futon - the back actually sticks up rather high because it is a queen size, so just be prepared for that. My Mom slept on the matress for a a week and said it was very comfortable - beats a hide-a-bed because there is no uncomfortable bar across your back. I'm curious to see how the frame and mattress hold up over time, but for now I'm happy with it. Also, moving it from room to room is a little difficult - too tall to fit through the door, so had to open up and maneuver it in, but it did fit.
I am pleased with this product. Instructions for assembly were laid out well. Product came in two separate boxes, well packaged. The mattress is comfortable -- the best futon mattress I've seen. The microfiber covering is not highest quality but good value for price -- for example, the microfiber on my sofa is a much heavier fabric. Overstock *** delivery -- compared to $250 delivery fee for a similar product at a store 1 hour away from my rural home. The wood frame is nice --we bought the one without arms so that our tall guests can hang their feet over the edge -- and I do have tall guests. Mattress is a full queen which is great. I would recommend this for office, study, second bedroom -- not heavily used family room or formal LR.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pefect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Frame well made -- mattress good / not top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate as described
Ordered and delivered in less then a week. Other piece reviews talked about extra pieces, missing holes and products that were hard to put together. Not so with this futon. There were many extra pieces but in reading the directions, it was to be expected. Took my handy husband about 1 1/2 hours to put together. Putting the futon from the couch position to the bed position is super easy, putting it back was a little trickier but not impossible. The coils in the mattress feel much better then just the regular foam futon mattresses. Haven't slept on it yet but laying on it, sitting on it, it seems super comfy. I like that there are no arms, this makes it into a true queen size bed fit for even very tall people. This was bought for a home office to be used for overnight company.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as discribed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Moderate quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This futon is exactly as described.
The mattress was actually very comfortable and looked nice. The frame, however, was very poorly made and next to impossible to assemble. My husband (a contractor) had to use several of his own tools including a file, pliers, and hammer to put it together. When it came time to joing the two halves of the frame (back and bottom), the hardware wouldn't fit due to shoddy manufacturing. There was a piece of metal blocking the hole where the piece should insert making it impossible to join the two sections. This made the futon unusable. After many attempts to get the piece in, it broke. This product was such a disappointment. We had family coming to stay with us and weren't able to use it. We returned the futon. I will not buy from this company again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched the online picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was minimal and what it described was accurate.
I'm really pleased with this Futon. While it's not ideal for daily use, it works great for overnight guests. It's an actual QUEEN-size mattress allowing for an adult couple to sleep comfortably. I might add that it does take some time to put the whole assembly together but it's well worth it. The Microfiber cover is comfy and easy to keep clean. Overall, it's a great option
Looks very good. Colors as promised. Sleeping usage was a disappointment. Getting up from the open futon, the exit side goes down and the opposite side flips up. Seems like it should have additional supports near the edge. Not comfortable using this product for sleeping guests.
Product was separated during transit. Engaged in online customer service and they easily helped determine root cause and recover the missing package. The product was not made up a great tolerances so the assembly required banging and resulted in one broken pin. All in all, good experience and what we paid for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fasteners were difficult to assemble, and we even had one break, but overall good mechanics.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The product was difficult to assemble. I am really good at putting things together but this item had incorrectly labeled parts and the pieces did not fit together well. I needed to use pliers to make one piece fit into the other part of the frame. The mattress is also a little on the firm side.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color that arrived was what I was expecting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
Assembly directions were horrible. Came with many extra parts that made it even more confusing. Nice quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
When building the futon, the screws would not go in easily, one of them never did. Also, there were spaces on the frame that seemed to be for extra pieces that were not included. The mattress was good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good comparison...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wooden frame of the futon was not what I had expeted - with indententions for extra armrests that were not included.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? What they advertised seeed accurate, but the quality was not.