The headboard looks nice, although one rung of pewter had a little bit of rust on it. A previous reviewer suggested that the headboard is too big for a Queen. My queen frame hits the headboard, but not in the space where the holes are drilled. I am drilling my own hole, because the headboard actually matches everything in my room nicely so I want to keep it.
For the money, I can't say I'm surprised by what I got. It's hard to find a decent looking headboard for only a few hundred dollars. However, the manufacturer does not include hardware to attach this to your bedframe nor does the manufacturer include the sizes of bolts included in the assembly. Only after emailing the manufacturer was I able to find out what size hardware fits the pre-drilled holes in the bedposts-- and they ended up being wrong. If you buy this, to attach it to your bedframe, you will need 3/8" x 2" bolts. They'll tell you 5/16" but those bolts will still not catch the pre-drilled holes. If you by 5/16" bolts, pick up a bottle of wood glue. You'll thank yourself later.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Predrilled holes in posts and parts are designed poorly. You end up forced to use the included allen wrench and it takes a while to get the parts together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This headboard DOES NOT fit a standard queen sized bed. It is too wide for a queen bed. There is no way it fits a full. How would I know? I went out and bought a new bed frame to match the length of this headboard. The frame is adjustable up to a king size. There are one set of holes for this bed frame for screws and they are too wide and too high. I cannot return the product as I didn't keep all the packaging and returning an item of this size is too much effort. Take my advice. DO NOT BUY THIS HEADBOARD without the whole set. Otherwise, it will not fit a standard bed frame. I am now considering drilling holes in the headboard to make it fit. :-(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The accuracy was awful
My problem with this product is that it is advertised for full or queen beds. However, the holes for the bed screws do not align with the bedframe. Not good for me because I have a full size bed and I really like the bedframe and had to make alternations just to have the look that I like. Very disappointed.
I couldn't get anyone to help me to which bed this goes with (Even though I bought my crapy bed from here) then I ended up paying someone $XX to attach this thing to my bed. I originally got this because my pillows were falling off my bed but this didn't help any since the bar that supposed to hold the pillows is way too low/hight (the placement of holes). The only thing this has going for it is it looks nice.
Easy to assemble very well made and had all needed parts. Looks great and very sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly as shown on screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Super quality very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
We needed a substantial headboard for a bedroom rehab project. The furniture is french prov so we were looking for something that would be a good compliment and we discovered this headboard. We were a little bit nervous because the wood is much darker than the furniture but the pewter look of the metal parts was exactly what we needed. We were concerned about some of the negitive comments regarding the asssembly and fit but we had no problem with the setup. Take your time, sort the parts and supply your own headboard bolts.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very closely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was concerned about the packaging not looking very substantial but it turned out to be more than adequate.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was a little verbose but is pretty accurate.