I was expecting to assemble the couch myself, but I didn't realize the back would have velcro seams. The couch looks great from the front, but the back sides and bottom have velcro seams about 3/4 of the way up to allow for assembling the couch. The edges of the seams stick up a bit, and the black velcro underneath shows near the cream edges. It's a great couch if it's going to be put up against a wall, but if you want a couch for the center of your room consider something else instead.
I live in a 498 sq ft apartment so I need a sofa that is small, but stylish, and good to sit on. I didn't want a futon because I'm past futons, but a lot of the 'apartment size' sofa designs on Overstock looked like doctor's waiting room furniture to me. Until I found this one. I'm really happy with it. Somehow, it looks even better in person than it does in the online pictures. Go figure. Probably because the accessories in the photo are a little bit cheesy. The photo also makes it look white, and it's not white. I was prepared for that based on other reviews. And like others have said, it's actually a nicer color than white would be. It's a very pale soft sandy gray color. This color will take wear & use a lot better than the color it looks in the online photos. But what I love the most is the way this sofa is really stylish. It can take either a modern influence, or a traditional one. I can put black and white pillows on it and set it on a modern rug, and it looks great. Or I can throw an antique quilt on it, and set it on an oriental rug, that looks great too. Not very many pieces of furniture can actually do that. It's pretty straightforward to put it together. Not easy but not hard. The directions say it takes two people but it doesn't. If you know you're impatient and you don't read directions, then you need someone to do it with you. But if you're the person who always reads the directions, then you can definitely put it together yourself. And I didn't believe it when the other reviewers said it takes a couple of hours to build the sofa, but it really does. Don't let that put you off though. I started at 12 noon and before I knew it, it was 2:00 pm. The time went fast and it was actually fun to see the furniture take shape. Before I knew it, I had sofa to sit on. Now I know how they build all that furniture you see in ***** It's the same stuff, but this is cheaper, and they don't try to upsell you things you don't need. It's also decently comfortable. I've laid long ways on the sofa several times to read a book. The arms support your back which is great if you love to lounge out and read books. This is a one person lounger though. You will be lounging with your book by yourself. So for a lot of people, this could be a good sofa for the sitting room area of their master bedroom. Or in a Manhattan apartment. If you know what you like, and you want a small, well designed, versatile sofa that can bridge people's styles, on a small sofa budget, and you know how to follow directions, then you should get this sofa.
I received the sofa within a few days in two boxes. This was perfect for my place because I live on the third floor and it was easier to carry the parts up the stairs than it would have been to carry a sofa. The boxes were a little damaged, but the sofa was well wrapped in plastic and was not damaged in any way. All of the hardware and an allen wrench was included and clearly indicated in the instructions. I put this together with my Mom and could not have done it alone. It took us at least 3 hours because all of the holes on the arms did not line up with the holes on the seat and back of the sofa. This meant a sequence of tightening and loosening the bolts that did align until we could force the ones that didn't to at least get close enough. One tip is that we ended not using one of the alignment dowels because it was making things worse. Once together, this is a cute small sofa. The color looks like the online picture and the fabric is actually nicer than I was expecting. Overall, I am completely satisfied with this sofa, since it was easy to transport and came out nice after it was together.
i put this together by myself in 45 minutes. (i am a 130# woman, who doesn't go to the gym.) the trick is to only hand tighten the bolts (not all the way) and go back and tighten that section once all the bolts are in. if not, you will have issues with alignment. the couch is comfy and ideal for a small space. it is not large enough to lay flat. but i was looking for something proportionate to my space and this fits perfectly. i also didn't have any issues with the velcro showing in back. i'm not sure if i'm made of awesome, or if there are quality control issues and i got lucky. but i'm quite happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly accurate, slightly darker IRL
For its price point, its exceptional. I read the other reviews first, and was prepared for the different color (more tan/sand-ish, like everyone is saying), and agree that its better than white or bone would be. the fabric is very nice to touch, and its quite firm, which i love. i'm about 5; 3", and i can lie comfortably on it by wrapping around or propping myself up on one of the arms. i also put it together myself, in about an hour, and while its not super easy, its wasn't hard either, and i felt it was pretty straight forward (four big pieces to screw together). also, like the other reviews said, the back is velcroed into place, and a bit of the black at the edges show, which is fine with me, because i have it against the wall anyways. i've only had it for about two weeks, so we'll see how it wears, but i've noticed that the cushion takes a while to "fluff" back up after i've sat on it. altogether, quite pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More sand colored (NOT WHITE OR IVORY)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I was very hesitant to buy this sofa for months... after reading all the reviews a dozen times, I finally decided to purchase it since it was the cheapest price I'd seen for a sofa of this nature! I have a small apartment, so the size was perfect and I've had a lot of trouble finding an appropriately sized sofa for under $1500. However, it's VERY uncomfortable! It's like sitting on the sidewalk. I'm not sure what the other reviewers meant when they said it takes 2+ hours to assemble! I assembled this with a girlfriend (who's smaller than I am!) in exactly 1 hour. I definitely could not have put this together alone, so you really do need 2 people to assemble it. The 2 bolts at the end were the only thing we had a problem with - you just have to kick and push the right arm piece into position using some muscle power so that these bolts go in (I held the arm piece in the right place while my friend screwed in the last 2 bolts). The pros: Very nice fabric; clean neutral color; perfect size; I can lay across it (I'm 5'7") if I prop my head against one of the arms; looks very expensive and modern, but still has a homey feel because of the color; fast assembly (but definitely requires 2 people) The cons: VERY uncomfortable... I'm considering selling this and just spending $1k on a new sofa from a store, and I've only had it for day now. I mean... it's not just uncomfortable in the sense that you can't lounge on this sofa, it's actually really uncomfortable to sit on! I tried laying down on it with some really cushiony pillows, and it just hurt my neck and back too much... Also, it's not deep enough to really lay on (I'm 5'7" and 110 lbs), even for someone small. Also, the bolster pillows are hideous like everyone said, so I just tossed them out right away. If you plan to sit on this sofa for more than a few minutes a day, I would reconsider buying it...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Completely different. It's a tan/taupe color in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality fabric and design - looks very expensive!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate (except for the color)
I had second thoughts, once I ordered this... I kept looking at the picture and reading the reviews about the velcro lines, etc., and was afraid it would look chintzy. But it really looks great; I'm so pleased. I assembled it by myself; took about an hour and a half. Two of the three parts assembled easily; on the third, the holes didn't seem to line up easily. Took some major twisting and grunting to get the last bolts into place. But I managed, and really love the shape of it. The velcro doesn't show My second choice was a similarly-shaped sofa from another site at twice the price. Now that this is assembled and in place, I'm glad I went with this more economical option. It really looks great. (Will toss the included bolster pillows, though, or donate them to a thrift store. Hideous. But the sofa itself is great).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close...the photo makes it appear lighter, but I like the color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdier than I expected, since boxes were so light.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Bought this couch for a small apartment. And Ooolala! Nice low profile, clean lines with tufted and piping detail. The cape sofa is very stylish, sturdy and comfortable. I've taken quite a few naps on this sofa. This piece was shipped to my door in about a week. I put it together by myself rather quickly. Very pleased with this purchase so far!
This is a very hard sofa. It is relatively challenging to put together and perhaps more importantly, it's very hard...while a few reviews indicated that it was hard, it's unlike any other sofa I've ever sat on. It's more akin to sitting on a sleeping bag on concrete. If you like a firm sofa that looks cool but likely won't get much use, this is fair enough.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. You get what you pay for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a great sofa for the price. The positives are the color, it's very comfortable (rather firm). The negatives are the piping was a little messed up on the back but it is going against a wall. There was a rust colored smudge on the seat cushion. I didn't want to go through the process of returning it so I put some cleaner on the stain and was able to get it off without discoloring the fabric. Which is good to know since a sofa this color (and 2 small kids) will probably need a lot of spot cleaning. The sofa had a horrible chemical smell that went away after airing out for a few days. Despite the negatives listed I like the sofa and it fits the spot I had perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
After taking almost 2 hours to assemble- I found out that one of the legs was constantly wobbly. Definitely not a sturdy or couch that I will be able to enjoy without the fear of it breaking. Looking into the returns process- but I really do not want to have to take the couch apart after all the hard work I put into it. Spend a little more $$ -its worth it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much different- darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor structure
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Based on previous reviews I was a little concerned about the time it would take to assemble the sofa, but my boyfriend and I did it in about 40 minutes. Contrary to other reviews, I thought the pillows were great (very good quality and stylish), and so did my friends. The sofa fits perfectly in my study and is very comfortable for reading and chatting with friends. But I have also fallen asleep perfectly on it as well, the pillows are perfect support for a quick nap. It is not the type of sofa that swallows you, it is quite firm. It is extremely stylish and has added an enormous amount of zen to my study- I love it!! Thank you, O.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent- it is good quality, sturdy, well made and the fabric has gottten many compliments.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very fair
I love this couch. I'm using it my dining room as seating at the table. It is sized perfectly to fit in front of the window, almost like a window seat! The design of the arms being set back makes it perfect for sliding into! The seat is firm and about the same height as other dining chairs. The firmness of the cushion might not be what everyone would want in a living room. Although I do think it's quite comfortable. It's firm but not stiff. It will be interesting to see how the cushions holds up. I don't have high expectations considering the low price. Putting this together was a breeze! It's brilliant the way this is made! It came in two boxes which I drug up my stairs myself. You can put this together alone except for once the feet are on you'll need another set of hands to get this upright so you don't damage the feet. I used a trunk wedged in the middle to get it upright... but I'm nuts! It is true that you can slightly notice where the Velcro is in the back, however most people would never notice this! It's a great style. Looks great with throw pillows, and since it's neutral, I'm going to be able to switch up the look of the dining room seasonally! I think I got one of the last ones, as I see it is out of stock now. Hopefully they produce more because this is a great couch --- especially for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's close... but the couch has a slight bit of grey in with the white tan "bone" hue. I love the color!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fabric is great. The construction is quite acceptable. The cushion is very firm (perhaps too firm for some)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
It is worth every penny I paid for. Quite a gorgeous sofa and the right size for a smaller place. However, putting this sofa together was painful. It was much worst than setting up an Ikea furniture, Getting to put the screws on behind the velcro was not very easy at times. You do not have to have to people to set it up since I did it by myself but I would recommend and additional set of hands. If you are not mechanically inclined, do not buy this sofa since you might not be able to put it together ththe right way. But once I was finished, I quickly forgot all the pain I experienced in setting it up since the sofa is so beautiful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is quite the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems to be made with durable material and the sofa is quite sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Sofa had large hole damage on the right side before it got to us . I am very disappointed . Material looks cheap . Color is nice but that's about it .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap material .. There is a large hole on the tight side
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
Not as good as I amunsed to from Overstock.com. Photo shows sofa in bone; actual sofa is a dark oatmeal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Sofa 3 - 4 shades darker than pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Medicore construction and seat hard - really hard.
I wanted a nice, cool and comfy couch for our living room since we are doing small remodeling. I ordered this couch because of the great price. Everyone that visits me loves the couch. It's very sturdy and as so many people are saying, it is not as light as in this picture. Easily assembly, great price, good quality, perfect size!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's more of a sandy color, not as light as on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the couch is pretty great compared to what the price is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The sofa came in two boxes which was nice to move upstairs and get through doors prior to putting together. Best tip I can give while putting together is put the wrench in the screw prior putting in hole, somehow it levels the screw to go in straight. I had tried to just place with my fingers then planed to tighten just wouldn't work considered throwing the sofa out the window prior to that last tip. Once it was put together no one would ever know it came in two boxes and you put it together. Firm but comfortable I alon bought I also bought 2 comfort x cube ottomans and added a brown throw, very cozy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more of a very light tan
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice material
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The color blends nicely with my oranges/reds/golds/turquoise and a little animal print. Not nearly as gray/blue as I thought it would be but since there were no other color choices. I ordered it anyway with the thought in mind of using a throw or cover. Didn't need a cover since it looks more beige now. Blends nicely. I have slept on it and surprisingly I was able to stretch out since the fronts are extended on each arm side. I am 5' 4" (hope this makes sense) Not quite as comfortable as my bed but doable. It took 2 experienced men an hour to put it together. (One is a machinist and the other a oil refinery worker) I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as gray/blue as I thought it might be according to the picture which is okay with me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great! Stylish and sturdy. Nice fabric
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Looked smaller on the website
This is a two person job to put together, but easy to do. Pegs were very helpfull to line up holes. There were two places on the seat that were dirty, I cleaned it off w umholstery cleaner. The only problem is there are three indentations on the back, like three X marked for buttons. It would be better to have buttons on, or not have this thread marked like they were forgot. I plan to have some large buttons added. Sofa is a tad stiff, but ok. Great siz,e nice & modern. Overall I am still glad I purchased it. I added my own throw pillows. It is a great look
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, but needs buttons in back
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? correct