One problem is that the ends are quite large and if you must install them in a cramped amount of space you may find the ends bumping each other if you have adjoining windows. We have angled windows and that happened to us. Not a great result but a temporary fix for the winter. Another problem is that the mounts are too long so that the curtains do not touch the walls. Drafts can definitely come around the sides and top of the curtains. If the mounts were shorter, more air could be blocked. The sections of rod do slide together beautifully. One had a few minor scratches. If you like the bulkiness of the style and don't have to mount them right next to each other on more than one window, these are fine to get. We bought these in the long and short versions. Only one package had a defective screw which was mangled but otherwise all the hardware was in good shape.
I bought these curtain rods for a large living room. The ends are a large 2" diameter, so you would want a larger sized room for this look. I also bought the longer curtain rod for my sliding glass window and without the middle support the rod sags just slightly with the curtains. The 48" to 90" rod supports just fine and doesn't sage in the middle even with the curtains closed. The end round balls are made of plastic but you can't really tell unless you touch them. I also bought the half round curtain tie backs and love the look they give the window.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I chose the gold and the color looked exaclty as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the product is a good quality for this size
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the product review is accurate
I've used these rich, dark brown color rods for 42" windows and recently purchased two of the 144" wide. They are not flimsy! The widest rod works as well with the draperies as the 42". Since the rods come with supports, there is no difficulty in holding the144" length firmly when the draperies are hanging. The price is a third what I would pay for a similar look.. I'm ordering two more of this widest size for another room.
I was so impressed with these rods, I first ordered them for my dining room, I needed three and I thought for the price I would wait and see on the quality--I WAS NOT expecting what I got. these are high end rods that look and feel like a much higher dollar value item. I liked them so much I ordered 3 more sets for my bedroom and within a week, ordered additional sets for my two guest rooms. They really take the room up a notch. I love the Bronze color, they match my sheers and the other curtains that I have been using for several years. I love the look of them and they are so sturdy. I have the large grommet curtains in dining room and bedroom and all slide smoothly and evenly, rarely hang up where the two rods are joined. All in all a fantastic look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unbelievable quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on!
I was nervous given some of the negative reviews, but I was extremely pleased with these rods especially for the price. They are metal, not plastic. They do expand to a larger width without sagging. I'd buy these again without hesitation.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very pleased with quality of rod - very sturdy and look amazing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Happy with the quality, design and color of these rods (got the brown ones). Only issue, the rod is in 3 pieces and making the curtains slide on the rod can be challenging. It's definitively not smooth. That works for me as my curtains are not intented to be opened and closed every day.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a great, heavy duty (larger) curtain rod set (has all parts). Perfect for a log cabin, which is where they are going. Color is lovely dark bronze. We don't care that decorative ends are plastic...don't look like it from a distance & more lightweight. As far as ridge where rods fit together...we just put silicone tape over it & colored with marker. Great set for the price :))) !!!
I am using the 48-88 pole at 80", without a need for the center support. Rod comes in three pieces, so the weight is balanced toward the ends, rather than in the middle. Love the larger diameter- not a wimpy, skinny curtain rod. These are substantial, and the brackets are more attractive than those of other rods. The finials are metal too, and don't dominate the design. Easy to install- because the brackets come apart, so a drill or screwdriver has more room.
I bought the grommet top curtains with these rods and the grommets get stuck in the section of the rod where the two ends come together. They do not slide as it is a size able lip for the grommets to get over. So expect the curtains to get stuck and you have to reach up high and pull them over it so they don't tear by tugging. They look fine and where easy to install.
Cheap screws - it took us 2 hours to install 2 rods - and my husband is a hobbyist-carpenter! The anchors suck. The screws suck. Get your own. Wish we would have known this before we started. Would have saved some time. One screw sheared right off and we had to spend time getting that thing back out of the wall. The other screwhead was stripped upon getting halfway into the wall - obviously we had to get that one out too. Eventually used our own hardware. The appearance isn't bad, once you get the things up. We bought white.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. low to average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
ORDERED THE BROWN POLE IN HOPES IT WOULD MATCH THE GROMMETS ON THE CURTAINS I ORDERED. THEY WERE PERFECT. THE CURTAIN AND POLE LOOK VERY HIGH END. THE PRICE WAS GOOD AND THE QUALITY BEAUTIFUL. I AM A FREQUENT SHOPPER ON O.CO., AND AM ALWAYS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED @ THE QUALITY AND PRICE OF THE GOODS!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? THEY WERE PERFECT!!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY STRONG AND STABLE.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? IT WAS EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED.
I bought this curtain rod because most of the other curtain rods in stores were very expensive. This rod not only looks amazing in my room but wasn't overpriced. I loved that the rod was expandable in three different spots and that it came with extra supports for the larger windows. My window is 75 inches and this rod fits perfect with extra on the sides. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy but I bought additional sheet-rock anchors in order to make sure the rod would stay in the wall because it is heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The bold pole rod is great quality for the money. You can tell a big difference between the bold rod and a normal rod set. This one is much more substantial. I will be purchasing more and would highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
We purchased this curtain rod to go with the thermal blackout curtains we ordered from Overstock. It is a very attractive curtain rod, reasonably priced & works great with the grommet style curtains. I would purchase this product again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Described accurately
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This product is fabulous and much higher quality than I expected. I am going to order more for the rest of the house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I purchased the Antique Brown. It is a nice weight, and looks great. The box was pretty beat up when it arrived, but the curtain rod was not damaged. I will probably be buying another one!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Nicer than expected
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Very attractive and sturdy rod, however the hardware is cheap and inadequate. Fortunately I had some extra wall-attachment hardware. The crappy, flimsy anchors did not hold the brackets so I had to start all over with new holes. This was frustrating. The curtains covered up the problem, and if you don't look too closely the rods look fine.
I bought this rod for a large window. I had to use this rod fully extended (86"). It dips quite a bit in the middle when fully extended. I have these in the smaller size and they work great. I simply put a small PVC pipe inside to keep it sturdy. Works great. If you are using it fully extended, I would suggest getting the larger size or modifying it like I did. Love the look though!
Affordable and these curtain rods look great. Fairly easy to put up, all the hardware was in the package except the "special" set screw for the wider middle section of the rod, but the project went on fine without it. Nice, bold look with the grommet top curtains I purchased.
The rod is sturdy enough to hold up my heavier blackout curtains, which I was a little concerned about when placing my order. The only negative thing I can say is that there were come scratches on the rod. It's always a little disappointing when you receive something that is slightly damaged, but luckily I have the brushed metal version so it's not super noticeable. Overall, I think the rod is good quality for the price. I wasn't looking for anything super ornate or expensive, and this does the job.