This was the only rod I could find that was long enough but left out of the description is this is just two sets of shorter (86-144) rods that you piece together. This rod would not have been my first design choice so I plan to return it and get rods in a color and design I truly like, stealing their idea of piecing together two sets. It seems nice enough and if it was available in my first choice color I'd keep it. Seems like good quality and simple design.
This is a nice pole for the price. It is easy to put up and looks really nice. The only problem that I have is that it does bow in the middle when it is fully extended and has heavy curtains on it. Some the prior reviews said that wasn't the case but it was for us. Also, the finials are smaller then they appear in the picture online. If you like a clean look to your hardware, this pole is great!
This is a very high quality rod that serves my exact purpose of spanning a wall of 4 windows. I had searched everywhere and don't know why I didn't find it on Overstock the first time I looked. The only thing is the double pole rod is just an Add-a-Rod that you add to the Bold Pole Rod, but that is even better b/c I didn't know for sure whether or not I wanted/needed the extra rod. I am actually exchanging colors for the brushed nickel color (I ordered black, but it is really black and a little shiny - just a little too dramatic for the light and airy room I am planning). The quality is extremely good especially for the price. A very clean and tailored look with smaller finials, exactly what I wanted. THANKS O! Oh, and I had enough brackets and one extra pole and finial remaining from this one set to use over another 33" window.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Mostly
The width of the area that I needed to cover is 237 inches so I was thrilled when I found a rod set that expanded to 240 inches. As noted by previous product reviewers, the rod set is actually two 72-120 rod sets. Since they do meet in the middle, it will not be difficult to cover that fact up by having the top of the drapes extend upwards two inches from the rod; I hung the brackets just two inches from the ceiling so I would have the a wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling window treatment. Can't wait to finish making the panels and drapes and get them hung -- it should be fabulous. Also, regarding the fact that they are two sets of rods: The end caps can be unscrewed where they meet in the middle of the wall and a headless screw (the same size as the one in the end cap) can be used to attach the end rods so it looks like one continuous set (you will still need to use all the brackets in the set for support). I am considering doing this myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly that displayed on the web site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of the product is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was accurate -- except it appears to be one rod set on the web site, but in reality it is two rod sets.
I looked all over for an affordable rod like this large enough to fit our window for new curtain set. It was easy to put together. A little harder to hang by myself. Have someone help you if possible, with two people it would be easier but hubby had an emergency and had to leave. I was determined to get it up and I did. I have already received a lot of compliments. I love how you can adjust how far the outer curtain is to the inner curtain. It worked out really well. The only time I have seen better quality is with a much higher price tag.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good - I ordered the brown tone
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the quality. Nice and strong for a large window.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
This is a substantial rod that helped to transform our covered patio into a more intimate and cozy outdoor space. It was easy to hang and the bold black color makes a nice statement with out patio curtains. We have only had it for one season and it hasnt gone through winter yet, but I expect it to hold up well. I highly recommend this product.
This rod is of poor quality and as other reviewers have indicated- 2 rod sets pieced together. The large rod itself can be extended to long lengths, but the smaller rod for sheers cannot extend the full 240" making this not truly a 240" double rod pole. I have returned and will have something custom made for only a little more cost than this rod.
The curtain rod looks great, and was the best priced rod for the length I needed. Its very light so I wouldn't recommend it if you have heavy curtains or if its a window where you are moving the curtains around. My curtains actually get snagged in the spaces where the polls slide out of each other and won't pass over it so we just leave them in the same place. Until I find a better product thatbi can actually open and close the curtains for a reasonable price this rod works.
We went the full length of the Rod - the Curtain Rod could use more braces it bowed at the ends my husband made additional braces - the rod for Glass Curtains didn't work at all ended up purchasing another rod at Wal-Mart. Would have returned this item but was expecting company the next week end and needed something in the Front Room Window.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not as sturdy as it looks or described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair again the Rod could use more braces
smaller rod for liners too thin to hold without bowing in the middle. had to have solid rod made!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor smaller rod bends and bows with minor weight
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor
As stated by other reviewers this is actually two rod kits in one, but it works quite well. I have a 12+ foot long picture window and rods of this length are hard to find. It was easy to assemble and install and looks great. Quite pleased!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
THE ONLY DOWNSIDE WAS THAT SOMEHOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO COMBINE THE 2 RODS AS ONE WERE NOT INCLUDED. I E-MAILED O.COM AND THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE MAILED W/I 1 WEEK.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EXACTLY AS STATED.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY HIGH QUALITY.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? EXTREMELY ACCURATE.