Love the color and slight pattern effect within the rug. Great in my son's room. Only warning is that it takes about 4 vacuums to get up all the initial fuzz. Once that is done, texture and wear is fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good depiction - strong, rich blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, nice feel. Initially requires multiple vacuuming to remove all fuzz
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Other reviews mention that there is a striped look to this rug - which there definitely is. I ordered it anyway thinking that it would still overall be a vibrant, dark blue like the picture. However, I found there too be too much light blue in it and the overall shade of blue read kind of purplish/periwinkle to me. Since I was looking for something darker, I ultimately returned it. There was some shedding and the rug was soft enough.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lots of light and medium blues throughout, did not look like the darker vibrant color pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, some shedding (expected)
The photo suggests a flatter blue than the actual rug. The rug itself is more of a mashup of several different blue hues. It was not a big deal for us, but just something to be aware of. The rug is extremely comfy, especially on bare feet. Combined with a rug pad, it is a great value!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not exactly
- How is the quality of the product? Great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I spent a lot of time trying to find a great value rug that looked expensive and I think I found it here. I can't speak to the long-term quality of the rug as I just received it today --- but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the look of this rug. Looks very nice in our dining room.
We read the reviews about the excessive shedding of this carpet but decided to purchase anyway. We've had a few wool carpets and were expecting a reasonable amount of shedding, but when we received this one we spent 2 hours vacuuming and emptying the vacuum bag of carpet hair with little reduction in the amount of fuzz coming up! At one point we were on our hands and knees rubbing at the carpet and picking up fistfuls of fuzz. Two weeks later and we're still seeing it everywhere - especially as blue dust bunnies in the corner. It seems to have diminished with multiple vacuums but it's still been a pain, probably not worth it even for the low cost. We agree with the other reviews about the final color - it's definitely more of a blue with white stripes than a solid blue. We happen to like it but it's a little less chic, more juvenile looking, than we prefer.
The rug is multiple shades of blue and has a striped appearance. It is a good quality wool and has not shed very much. We have installed it in our beach house where we have lots of people traffic as well as a large dog. So far it has held up nicely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Has not shed very much.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This rug is beautiful and looks great on our porciline floor. The quality is excellent and it cleans up beautifully. I would recommend this rug to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on line it looks like a solid blue but is actually a blue with wavy white stripes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description is accurate
Dear Lord this carpet is a nightmare and only read if you want the details ;)..I had the time the evening it arrived to work with it and the space but for someone who just wants to open it up and place it where it goes...that's not going to happen with this carpet.... Im preggo and this was for my lil boys future nursery carpet.. I was looking for the exact blue on the site..fail....the actual color is..starting with baby blue changing to different blues in sliver strips until it reaches dull color of what looks llike the online picture and repeats...this is the pattern throughout, similar to a trees rings but straight.. Next, I am sooo glad I read the review about vacuuming it 3 times..so I had prepared for that. So that it wouldn't get over everything, walls, anyone etc. I laid it out in the garage and brought down my Dyson since one lady stated that this carpet broke her vacuum I believe it unless you have a Dyson (5 yr warranty so wasn't to concerned). I have a Dyson for animals which means it gets everything... OH my word I have never seen anything like this.. I vacuumed this carpet once the entire clear cartridge was FULL with blue carpet...this carpet was thin and I don't know where it all came from. I emptied it out and began vacuuming again and it filled half way. I went ahead and put it in the room after that, it was like the Mary Poppins bag I had no idea where it was coming from since there was so much yet still a rug on the floor. My husband and I laid on it thinking about the nursery and he had taken off his button down and had his white undershirt on..when he got up the back of his shirt was covered in blue and cotton shirts normally don't pick up stuff like that.. so it probably needs to have one more vacuuming..baby isn't due for another 4 months but I will cont to vacuum it until it's gone..Hopefully?! If not its 288 down the tubes :(...because I don't want this on my baby's clothes and mouth.. and neither do I or anyone else... It is Sooo much better once you vacuum it but takes some time and I only recommend using a heavy duty vacuum..you've been warned from the other reviewer this rug will break your vacuum. I wish I could post the pictures...you would laugh at the full cartridge and then I could also show you the actual picture of the what the carpet really looks likes...I was thrown off by the people who said it shows different hues...I just thought that meant went the light hit it or that if you swipe your hand across it it will be a different color.. I guess another comparison could also be that wool yarn that you use for knitting that changes colors as you go through and then starts over....its a dull/ reg blue...not the dark/bright blue above...and the one reviewer was kind of accurate on the periwinkle, I could see slightly where he thought that might be the color.. the lighting was dark in the garage and that is when it most looked like periwinkle but when it was in the bright natural light is when you saw the blue no purples... I think that is it....Good Luck! ;)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not acurate best comparison is that the it lines in it similar to wood rings with different bluse..lightest color starting with baby blue changing to thin strip of a dull color of what looks llike the online picture...is the pattern throughout
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I would say its worth a quarter of the price maybe more if this fuzz goes away
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Correct Size not correct color
Great rug at an amazing price. Glad we didn't spend the $1600 for a similar rug in town
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a really pretty rug, it is thick and feels good to the feet. That's the good stuff. The issue is shedding. It sheds so badly that it ruined our vacuum cleaner after vacuuming it twice. When you do vacuum , little fur balls pop up every where and you have to had pick them off. Then, on daily wear, it just sheds constantly. Ours was under the kitchen table , that we don't use, so it's not like there was any traffic on it. The KICKER, there was so much shedding that even though I vacuumed and wet mopped the maple floor it is on, I did not realize I didn't have it all up. When I mopped the floor with floor cleaner, the blue hairs pasted into the floor and now I have patches of rug fur pasted on my hardwood. I have bought tons of stuff off Overstock but this is by far the worst product I've ever purchased. It ruined a vacuum, 2 mops and a hardwood floor in 2 weeks. Enough said.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good there are stripes in it but it's pretty.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
You need to make sure you vacuum it first to get rid of the initial fuzzies, otherwise, you will have this all over your entire house and clothing. I am hoptin that after a couple of vacuums if nto I will have to complain to customer service. Thank you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The rug came in perfect condition and the delivery was fast. The rug is perfect for our playroom. I like that wool is more stain resistant and the color of the rug is really pretty. There are different shades of blue, each very nice with a slight stripe pattern. Very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love the color. We needed to match various blues in the room and this tied it together. Only thing I've noticed is that it is "shedding" a bit. We do have pets, but the shedding is mainly happening in the areas of foot traffic. The loose fibers vacuum up neatly and it doesn't look like the rug is losing any thickness, but time will tell.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick rug. Seems sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
As other reviewers have said, there's a definite stripe to this rug, but I like that. It's a good medium-pile rug, and doesn't seem as prone to shedding as our wool rug. Overall, 24 hours in, I'm happy :)
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, with a stronger stripe
- How is the quality of the product? good so far!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
We bought it for the baby's room. It's a great rug - pretty soft and cushy and a nice color - pretty much what it looks like online. For the price, it's also a nice good size. It's not perfect - it has a few minor flaws that you wouldn't notice unless you're looking for them. There's no way to tell how it will hold up since we just got it, but I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a basic, big, soft blue rug - we had looked all over before finding this. Good luck!
I bought this rug for my kid's play room. It is a great color especially if you're looking for something youthful and fun. It definitely has a striped patterned in it so be aware of that. It's soft even though it's wool. I usually don't like to sit on wool rugs because they make me itch but this one is better than most. It came packaged well and in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend it.