Overall it's a good mattress. We are primarily using it as a couch but it can be opened up to be used as a bed. The one thing I don't like about it is you can feel the springs poking through the rest of the mattress when you sit or lie down on it. A little too much spring and not enough padding. My concern is in a very short time it will become flat and the springs will really start sticking out.
Thickness is 8 inches, not 10. Can feel springs when you sit or lay on it. Very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is okay
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointed. Can feel the springs coming through the top
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
Everything seems fine. I've only had the mattress for a couple weeks, and have not used it much. It still has the "new" smell, but that's to be expected. It arrived quickly. It was nicely vacuum sealed and in as small a box as possible (it is a 10 inch thick full size mattress after all). So far so good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
The cover is flimsy at best. Moving the mattress by myself the cover ripped in three places because of lack of handholds. Also, some preservative or whatever was used and the mattress stinks. When I took it out of the shrink wrap I almost fell over, the odor was so overpowering. After a week of airing out the odor is still obnoxious. I want to return this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cover is absolutely the cheapest thing I've ever seen. Moving the mattress is impossible without the cover ripping. Also, some preservative or whatever was used on and the thing stinks. When I took it out of the shrink wrap I almost fell over, the odor was so overpowering. I want to return this thing but cannot figure out how to package it except as hazardous waste.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
If you like creaking springs, this is the mattress for you. It is comfortable, but cracks and pops when you sit on it or move. Not good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Average
Love the mattress - comfortable according to my son who has moved back home and the reason we bought it. Shipping was fast and the wrap that the mattress was in was amazing. Had no problem opening it up and let it set overnight just as the instructions said to do.
service time was great (4 days), mattress is very comfortable. my daughter uses it on an everyday basis and loves it. it did have an oder to it when we first got it for about a week. it did take about 2 days to fully expand. great mattress for a very good price.
I was going to get the 10 inch foam filled mattress that was about 50 bucks cheaper, but I am SOOOO glad I decided to get this one instead. It's like a cloud, I love it!! I ordered it on a sunday and it arrived Wednesday, FOUR DAYS!! IT was packed up tight too in three layers of plastic. once I finally got down to the last level of plastic wrap and poked a hole in it, the vacuum let out and that thing tried to flop open like a life raft!! Make sure you have plenty of room for it to spread out when opening. It's very comfortable and I would recommend this to anyone. I got the navy, but I wish I'd got the burgandy. I have two solid white cats and I use the lint roller daily.
I bought this for my son and he says it is a very comfortable mattress. The delivery time was just what was promised (a pretty good feat at Christmas Time, I would say!). I was somewhat worried since the box it arrived in was so compact, but my son assures me it was not a problem at all. I will definitely come back to Overstock to shop for more bargains!
I am a bit disappointed in the construction of this mattress. I previously had a Sealy futon mattress and, because of the retail price and the description, I expected this mattress to be somewhat comparable. It is not. Because of the size of this mattress and the expense of returning it, I will keep it. My Sealy lasted 10 years - I anticipate a much shorter life on this one. Next time it will be back to purchasing Sealy. This is the first time I have ever been dissatisfied by a purchase from Overstock. I do not recommend this mattress.
First off, let me say that anything would be better than the 4 inch futon mattress I slept on for the last 6 months. I could feel the metal bars underneath me. But even with my low expectations, I was impressed immediately upon tearing off the plastic. It was so thick, heavy and seemed fairly well made. I had to really struggle to move it on my futon frame by myself. 24 hours later it has fluffed up to 9 inches, I imagine it will fluff up another inch in the next 24 hours but even if it doesn't, I had my first good night's sleep in six months, could feel nothing but pillowy softness (but not too soft) below me. Now, futon's are notorious for being uncomfortable and my envy of those with a pillow top mattress has not been overcome, but this futon mattress is to sum it up in one word- COMFY.
i ordered a futon mattress and I rec'd it very quickly...it has been the best purchase i have made either online or directly from a store in the past year..I would/will/have recommed overstock.com to my friend and family ......thank you
I should have paid attn to the description a little bit better, I thought I was getting the mattress AND frame... it was only the mattress. The mattress is VERY comfortable, but it is so thick, that i have to lay my futon frame out all the way since the mattress does not bend easily at all for it to sit up.