I ordered this and it shipped on time to our door. It was several heavy boxes, sure can't beat the free shipping! We put aside some time as many of the posts said it takes about 4 hours to assemble. It took us 2 hours with 2 people. Recommend having a helper. It is pretty heavy when it is all assembled. Very well wrapped and labeled and pretty good instructions. The granite top was intact after shipping and looks good. Not the highest quality of granite but we did not expect it. The whole island actually exceeded my expectations and very sturdy. Love the side board that flips down so you can add some stools if you wish. Price was right after looking around for an island at furniture stores. You won't be disappointed.
Arrived in beautiful shape. My husband had this island put together in no time at all, including the time to remove from the boxes to finish it took 4 hours, What a wonderful addition to my kitchen! Ample storage, I use the shelfs for my cookbooks which is very handy. The granite top is very heavy, our neighbor had to help lift it on top. Everyone who has seen it loves it! One friend thought we had it built into our kitchen, now that is a great product!
I will start with the assembly of the island.My husband did not want me to order anything that needed to be assembled until he went and researched custom kitchen at a home cabinet store. Although this was over $1000 it was i/3 if the home cabinet store so he said he would be willing to try or find someone that was handy and pay them.The island was packed in three boxes. One of the boxes was very heavy because it had the granite top. The island took about 3 hours to assemble and looks great. My husband did the assembly himself with the help of me to lift the top on(it was very heavy). The hinges are hidden and the drawers are slow close. This piece is a true lovely addition to my new home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very pleased with the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We're very happy with this kitchen island. A little bit of a challenge for us to put it together but two of us did it in 3-4 hours. This is a sturdy piece of furniture, which is exactly what we were looking for and it fits perfectly in our kitchen. Cost was higher than most but its appearance is so much nicer than less expensive ones I saw in stores and on line. Could have done without shelves on the outside at each end and instead would have preferred more storage inside. This and the time and minor difficulties putting it together are the only reasons I didn't rate as excellent.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I have received numerous compliments, even from service men regarding the appeal of the island. The drop leaf is a real plus!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product quality is great, the colors are rich
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is very accurate