Fun way to cook, and a beautiful kitchen decoration when not in use. I've used it twice now, and the food is delicious. It did get a big crack in one corner, but doesn't seem to affect the stone's use. I haven't used it for "cold" food prep as yet. The side used for cooking becomes discolored, but the side facing the burner looks like new and is very pretty. It is NOT for "fast food" preparation though....needs 30 minutes to warm up....so relax, have a glass of wine and enjoy the cooking experience :D
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar (variations in each block are normal)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid brick of salt....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Represented it accurately
Very cool and unusual product. If you were interested in grinding the block down for cooking, this is an excellent value for Himalayan salt. As is, it can be used in the oven as a baking stone and can be brought directly to the table as a serving tray. Great for anyone who likes to cook and experiment.
This was an amazing product for the price. We cook with this all the time! Warm it on the grill, then put the steaks (or whatever) right on top. Each time they are perfectly seasoned. Block wipes clean and is ready for the next use. How did I live without this?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? some variance - but that is expected in a natural product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100% accurate