Overall this bed is pretty decent for the cost. It did take a few hours to put together, but you are building an entire king size bed and drawers, what else could you expect? My issue comes with those lock screw things...you know those circular things that have a screw head on them ...and that thing's job is to catch the end of a screw from another piece to lock the two pieces together...well one of those busted out of the wood. My guess is that the predrilled holes for one of the pieces was off because when tightening the lock screw it busted out of the side of the board. No bueno. Mind you it takes only 1.5 to 2 turns to have these things tight. I have not called for replacement parts yet, but I will. Even though that one lock screw thing busted out, the bed is completely sturdy. Surprisingly, it is sturdier than any bed I have owned. The drawers work nice and do hold a lot of stuff, which is great.
I'm used to assembling furniture but this one was a challenge. All the parts arrived but a couple of the special nuts that hold the bed together were damaged. Note that if you attempt to force any of these specialized nuts, they will strip and become unusable. The nuts have to be put in just so and not allowed to turn or shift at all or they will bind. So be careful. They are so specialized, you can't go to the hardware store to get replacements. I requested replacement parts from the company and got a prompt response that my request had been sent to fulfillment. That was 4 weeks ago. Looks like we may have to just put screws in to replace the bolt and nut system in order to stabilize the bed, but it will not look as good. Some of the drawers don't fit cleanly into the bed but perhaps that is a bit of "user error".
This bed was a bit of a project to put together. It took two men, 4 hours to assemble. Some of the time was spent getting replacement screws that had been stripped from the factory. They don't give you even ONE extra screw -- so be aware that you might need to find some that fit. But it is well worth the time to put together and the drawers slide in and out with ease. I would highly recommend it.
Searching for a new bed is always hard when you know you have to put it together. This arrived on time as stated in the checkout est. time of arrival and I was pleased with that. There were 3 boxes for this style of the bed. We got the black finish. The only downside was that all the boards had to be wiped down as they had a horrible layer of dust from the factory still on them. The instructions were easy to read and follow. The hardware was neatly packaged in their own bags or easy to separate with one bag that had 3 different hardware parts. It took me and my husband to put the bed together only because we wanted to speed the process up. However if you wanted to do it alone, you might get aggravated on some steps that would make an extra pair of hands helpful. Never had a problem with any of the holes lining up. All the wood was nicely shaped and no cracks or chips in any of the pieces. This frame is heavy and hard to move. The drawers are reliable and are not cheaply made so long as you are not shoving with a lot of weight as you put cloths in or store items in them. The worst part of putting the bed together was the wooden slats to hold your mattress. They are the only thing that I did not like as they were pine that splinters coming off the side and even with the two of us on this bed made us both get frustrated trying to line them up to secure them down. Other then that the bed was easy and excellent choice. We bought an Au Natural Cotton-filled 8-inch King-size Futon Mattress to go with this and topped it with a 2.5 in memory foam topper and sleep better then ever. The edge of the bed are not sharp in case you clumsy and run into things. The drawers are flush (if you install them correctly.) There were no reviews at the time of my purchase so I do hope this is of help. I would buy this bed 10 times over as the overall quality is much better then some Ashley beds.
It's an ok bed, good value (price to quality ratio), assembling is easy if you follow the instructions, but takes some time. probably wont survive many moves as disassembly and assembly is a pain...I would recommend it for the price conscious consumer who needs a king bed now, but might "buy up" in 3-5 years
It took my Wife and me (we're 68) 3.5 hours to completely assemble this bed. All the parts were delivered including a few extra fasteners. We did three extra steps to improve the product: 1. We glued the base of the draws in the slots 2. We screwed the slats to the center sections ( this maintained the alignment of the draw guides) 3. Since the bed is on a hard wood floor, we added felt sliders to the feet, including the side and center sections to ease moving which my wife can do by herself We are well satisfied with the value for money and the look of the bed.
After owning this bed for only a short period of time, the screws are no longer staying in the good, the pressed wood around some of the largest screws is crumbling. You can no longer put any wright on the foot of the bed because the piece that connects it to the part the holds the mattress pops out of place. A bed frame should last years not months.
I did tons of searching for platform beds because I really wanted one. The cheapest I found (good quality one) was around $1500.00. Not only was the quality of this platform fantastic, but I found one similar at another store for $1200.00. I paid less and got almost the same platform. As for putting it together ... I'm happy to say that i did get all the parts and pieces to put it together. It did take me over 4 hours to put together, but I will admit it took me that long because I attempted this feat after having a few glasses of wine. Looking back, it should have only taken me about half the time ... maybe less. I LOVE this platform bed and the mattress (which I also got from overstock) i purchased fits in it perfectly, and I don't need any box springs. I HIGHLY recommend this item!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly matched ... black is black, and it was black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is really great. Solid enough wood, and the whole platform looks of high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 1 out of 10 ... the description matched is at a 9.
This was pretty much what we expected. Not top-quality, but as good as you'd expect it to be for the price in my opinion. The drawers don't all sit flush with the sides, but that's minor. It does scratch easily, but the drawers are spacious enough and the height is just right (we have an 11" memory foam mattress on it). No missing or damaged pieces. Took probably about 3-4 hours total to put it all together, but we did it over the course of a few nights with the drawers being the last to be built and go in. If the bed sits on carpet then it's nice and quiet, no movement or creaking or anything like that. We just put laminate in and it does make some noise now, but it's minor and not the end of the world. Overall I'd say it was a good bed for the money and should probably last us at least a good 5 years or so.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same; black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected; not the best or worst, but could be better
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? No issues there
I wish it was built a little stronger. Pieces split and cracked during assembly. If you have kids that jump on beds don't get it. I figure if I am vary careful with it it wont break. Its in a vacation home that gets little use so thats a plus.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not so good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Good value for Money Takes time (3 hrs4me) n patience to assemble. Need to follow instructions Good Storage options Need to decide before building it. Very difficult to move once assembled
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the Price..but can be better
I am very pleased with this purchase. I put the bed together myself and did not have any trouble. It looks great in my room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
We bought the King size. Thin pressboard pieces may be very thin but once assembled this is a very heavy bed that needed to be squared perfectly in order for the drawers to set properly. When we atttempted to lift it slightly from the carpet to square it up one of the drawer frames cracked and we are unable to install two of the drawers on one side and since it's still not square none of the other drawers appear properly closed. It took almost 6 hours to assemble what we did before it broke and the thought of disassembling it to return it just seemed like a nightmare so we kept it and a bed skirt hides the fact that we are missing two drawers. On the positive side of our mistake, our cat enjoys playing and hiding in the space with the two missing drawers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color we ordered was black and was appropriately represented on the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Flimsy, unstable, cheap material
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Additional information about the quality and thickness of the bed frame pieces may have deterred us from making this
This is a good product. It takes some time and skill to put together correctly and the buyer should have a level on hand or the drawers will not close flush and stick out. Additionally make sure that your placement is level, i.e., if you are placing it against a wall make sure that wall straight with no east/west slope. The instructions are missing one key step, which is the center stabilization cross-board should have side rails attached to BOTH sides, though the instructions do not say this explicitly a careful inspection of the example image should bear this out. Other than that it is fairly simple for a single user to construct. Make absolutely sure that you place it flush prior to adding a king size mattress or you won't be able to move it safely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality as long as the person(s) putting it together pays attention to detail and has a level.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate, there were no surprises.
3hrs and 2 bottles of wood glue and i got it put together just be aware that nothing is put together it is all in flat boxes it is not hard just takes time to do it right i glued all of the drawer panels so they do not come apart the guides are smooth and the drawers are very shallow so not a lot of clothes fit in them
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is a nice bed frame
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just as the info said
Some of the drawers don't fit perfectly. This product is a good value. It's not an amazing piece of furniture but you get what you pay for. The price is right.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Cheaply made. Support planks on bottom are plywood that leave splinters on floor. Had to replace. Also had to repaint some areas. It's not horrible but not sometihing that I would have bought if I had seen it in person. Lesson learned. Furniture needs to be seen in store. Larger items like beds should NOT be bought online.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality partical board
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not good