I bought this fixture and really like it! It was well worth the money. It is simple yet elegant. The shades are a linen/beige color and very neutral. If you can install a ceiling fan you can install this light. My husband had no trouble at all!
Once the fixture was installed, it looked good. However, the ordeal to assembly and wire the fixture was a nightmare. Eventually hired a professional who found the assembly to be difficult. One light shorted out after 3 days. Again, professional was called back to repair which added to the cost. The lampshades originally looked good. Began with lower wattage light bulbs than recommended. But after 3-4 weeks the glue on the shades became discolored. Now looking to replace shades. More cost! The fixture looks good but this was more of an ordeal (hiring professional), time consuming and added purchases than I had anticipated.
This light would be fine to update a home for staging but I would not be happy with it as a permanent fixture in my home. The shades were the nicest feature, but I would suggest they are more ivory than gold as the description states. Assembly was not fun, there are a lot or parts. But it's not rocket science, I had it together in less than an hour. The arms would not tighten and the overall quality was not good, but Overstock customer service was great and accepted my return with no problems. I had ordered this to use with the Iron 8-light chandelier. That light was much higher quality and I would have kept it except that I wanted the lights in the 2 rooms to be the same design. If you're trying to decide between this and the 8-light, spend the extra money and get the 8-light, it's much higher quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was not good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok, however the shades were more ivory than gold.
Not too hard to assemble and install, took about 2 hours total. Swapped out the candle drip covers with dripless ones that we bought elsewhere. Has a simple *** style to it that goes with the rest of our decor. We love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This light is not as difficult to put together as others would have you believe. Maybe you'll spend 15 minutes if you're handy at all. One thing of particular note is the requirement of "E12" bulbs-I'd like to save everyone else the hassle of questing for them-just buy CANDELABRA base bulbs-they have the tiny screw end and can be purchased anywhere including the grocery store. We used (5) 40 watt bulbs and the dining room is incredibly bright. I love this fixture and would recommend it to anyone. Didn't give it 5 stars because we wasted a day and a tank of gas looking for those "E12" bulbs.
This light is pretty for a small dining room and not too formal. Just realize that it literally comes in pieces and cannot be hung right out of the box. My husband is handy and it took him about 1-2 hours to get it all done. Also as some other reviewers said it took a little McGuyvering to make some parts work due to odd sizing. But it was a good deal for the price!
It wasn't until after my order was completed did I notice the "assembly required" note. Luckily for me, my husband is an electrician. It took two adults over 45 min. to assemble this and it was no easy task. Had I known then what I know now, I would've chosen another chandelier in a heartbeat. Don't do it to yourself.
We needed a light for the dining room. The room is pretty large but the table is more narrow than the standard table (3 ft). The rule of thumb to go half the width of the table would look too small for the room, so we got this one hoping the light, openness of it would work and it does! It took a couple hours to put it together and some adjusting to get the light balanced (an easy adjustment to spread and tighten the 5 arms out but takes 2 people) perfectly but the result is worth it. There is a black cord along with a silver ground wire that we looped through the chain. We also used some black flat paint (acrylic worked fine) to take the shine off the ground wire and now you really can't see it. For the money, a good light! The shades are a deep ivory which is what we wanted too. We used regular candleabra bulbs and installed a dimmer.
This fixture came un assembled. If we had no electrical experience we would have had to return it due to assembly difficulty. The braded metal detailing should go all the way up to the base of the light fixture, instead it is about 1 inch short. Makes the fixture look cheap!
I purchased this light fixture because of its light, airy look to put above my kitchen table. I love it! I read the reviews about the assembly - I assembled it in about 25 minutes, I think the secret to my efficiency was a very small socket wrench to tighten the really time nuts and screws and the willingness to carefully read the instructions. I am not an electrician, but I'm a pretty handy girl. I installed it on my own as well. Installation was not too bad - the wires needed to be connected in the middle of the light fixture. I got lucky and it worked on the first try!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I needed a light fixture to place above my dining room table...and this fit the bill exactly! It is light any airy and looks terrific. Easy to put together by one person. Absolutely love it...have received many compliments on how it looks. Thanks, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This product was okay for the money but it definitely was lacking quality. The metal was scratched, one of the bolts was stripped and the directions were marginal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair - scratches on paint on the metal, difficult to put together, bolt stripped
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
My electrician wanted you to know that for the first time in 35 years he had to assemble a light from scratch! Not one thing was put together. He charged me extra but I love the light!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
Unless you're an electrician or are willing to hire one, don't get this chandelier. Comes unassembled, including wiring connections, that are best left to the pros.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good