I look for a long time for the right "old school" waffle maker. I like this one but the clasp or the closing mechanism is unstable and doesn't work very well. I am not sure if this one is defective or if they are all made like this. I won't use it enough to take the time to send it back. Other than that it works well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great in some areas but not in other
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
very hot to use,I burned my hand opening it. very dissatisfy with my buy don't buy china junk!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor quality,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor
We have used our previous B&D grill and waffle maker for over 10 years with great results (same make & model as we just purchased). The previous unit was still performing perfectly but was looking pretty tired. Cleaning it was becoming more difficult. We anticipate the same service out of this unit. In my opinion, this is a GREAT buy!
Just like I used to use when I was growing up, I will be using this alot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I don't understand why somebody complains about the quality? I really like it! And one of the benefits that you can use it to make not just waffles. Before buying it, I check a lot of articles and reviews and found that it is included in top-5 of best waffle makers) so I made the right choice)
I took it new out of the box and it had a huge dent in the top. Besides that, this is the best waffle maker I've ever used. After oiling the plates before the first use, the waffles didn't stick. They started sticking a little after making 30 waffles, so I just used cooking spray. It makes great waffles. Definitely worth the money. The quality of certain parts of the waffle maker seem a little cheap (the clips to hold the plates in, and the hinge). Saves a lot of time being able to make 4 at a time instead of 2.