Our old 10 year floor fan died last weekend and we found a need to buy a new fan due to the high heat level we are experiencing in Southern California. I went to several stores and no fans were available. I went home got on my computer and I received an e-mail from Overstock. I cheeked the site and I found what I needed. I ordered the fan and I received it in one day after I got my confirmation. I was very impressed with that. The fan works great and is quieter than our old one with more speeds and good air circulation. This upcoming weekend will be another hot one. Glad I have this fan to circulate the air and lower my air-conditioning bill. I went ahead and bought a second fan available on Overstock. I will let you know how that one works out as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched the description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built. Some noice but lower than our old one
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I purchased this fan to place in a small laundry room space--to circulate air when there are "drip dry" clothes. The fan has a strong breeze and it is very effective in circulating air. It is lightweight and easily moved. It is well balanced and does not tip over if jostled. The only negative is the noisiness of the fan. I would not want to use it in a sleeping area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Compact; well balanced. Strong breeze emitted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I had a Haier model before and the Black & Decker on high has the power of the Haier on low. It's alright and I'm not sending it back, but it doesn't have the oomph I was hoping for. I would neither recommend nor not recommend this product, but OS wouldn't let me post without picking one.
I ordered this fan on Tuesday afternoon. It arrived the next afternoon!!!!!! What!?!!! I could not believe it when I opened my front door and it was there !! Brought it in -opened the box and used it right away! What a deal! I had O dollars so it really was a great deal! Very happy-it's light weight-easy to assemble the little stand. You just snap 2 pieces on and screw the 2 nobs that holds the fan to it and turn it on! Lots of different speeds too. Light enough to set on a table or just on the floor. We use the outside on the patio on hot days if we are eating to stay cool and keep the bugs away! This one will work great there too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
This fan is great! The first main reason I considered this fan was that the grills and blades are both metal. Obviously I'll have to see, but I expect it will far outlast the mostly-plastic fans I've had. The second was because of the reviews of it being a "loud" fan. I figured that might be a good indication it would be a good fan, outputting a nice amount of air. And it is! I wouldn't myself call it "loud" per se. The way I see it is that this thing on low, is roughly comparable to a standard box fan or similar on high. Then of course it gets slightly louder notched up to medium or high. But, at least for me, not so much I find it an annoyance. And at the same time, the output is awesome. You won't need to set this thing 3 feet away to be able to feel any air, you'll fee it just fine from the other side of the room, which then cuts down on any additional volume it makes (although I still sleep with it about 3 or 4 feet away as I find both the air and "fan noise" comforting when falling asleep)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as specfied
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate