This light fixture is really gorgeous and looks great in our dining room. We get dozens of compliments on it. The only thing to consider when buying this fixture is your ability to make sure the fixture hangs in a straight line and not at an angle or else the rectangular shape of this light looks off if its not in line with your table. I looked at dozens of similar fixtures from other retailers and this was by far the best price and is a great light fixture.
This product came in many parts. My husband started to put it together, but one of the nuts was the wrong size and he couldnt finish the assembly. Its frustrating and a pain - that we opened it and started assembly and now we have to return it. Also, he said the instructions were very difficult to follow.
Great quality - I searched online for this type of light and never found one under $250 until this light. It looks great, especially with a dimmer switch. Looks much nicer than the price would indicate. And it shipped very quickly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
One of the sockets was damaged, I emailed customer service and they sent out another light, we took off the parts we needed and sent the rest of the light back, no charge even for shipping. It looks great, we love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We received this light and the color was horrible compared to the picture. The lights were literally yellow. Just ugly. Also, each individual light was sitting crooked. Not great. We ended up returning it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the best
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mediocre
It was not easy to put up. The most annoying thing is the candles don't sit down in the holders. They balance on the rim, so it is very hard to get them straight.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So so
Great light, easy to install. Very substantial. Looks good installed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
After reading the reviews of this chanelier, I was looking forward to getting it. I was very disappointed. I wanted a chaandelier for my dining room, but I think this one would be more suitable for Halloween Dungeon. The screws holding the four supporting brackets are very obtrusive, and looking from underneath look very cheap. Also, the metalwork on the chandelier I received had numerous imperfections, and looked like it had been spraypainted black. I only opened one of the glass light holders, but it was chipped. I have bought many other items from Overstock, and have been pleased, but i am returning this one.
The instructions were lacking, but I could figure it out without an additional help. I was looking to replace a fluorescent fixture over our kitchen island. I did not want to 'lose' lighting, but really hated the old fixture. I had seen one similar to this, but it had less lights and cost over $300! That was not in my budget after just replacing appliances and countertops! I took a chance and was so pleased. I used the newer bulbs to give more of a daylight glow. The older bulbs made the candles glow nicely, but just not enough light for a kitchen verses a dinning room. Highly suggest this light if this is the style you are looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I am so pleased with the chandeliers. It looks better than the picture. I am a very picky buyer so it is great price for the item. thanks
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It looks very expensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely
I purchased this product, and travelled to the States (they wouldn't ship to Canada) and I LOVE it! So pleased with everything. The instructions were easy to understand and it went up rather easily. It's a great additon to our dinng room-we have already reveived so many compliments!
We are very happy with our purchase of this light fixture. We have been testing different bulb wattages, styles and colors to determine what we like the best. Prior reviews which mention that the wattage affects the color of the light covers is very true. The brighter the wattage of more "white" the bulb the lighter/brighter it appears, so you have the option of creating the look you like. The only reason I didnt rate this as "excellent" was because the covers dont fit easily into the openings and getting a normal size hand down inside to screw in the inside holders can be a slight challenge. Overall this is a beatiful piece that could not be beat for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is very spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, feels and looks sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This chandelier is gorgeous and looks exactly like the picture. I can't believe how great the price was, shipping was fast and it came packaged tight!! It was just what I was looking for and the fact that I have it on a dimmer makes it even better. Even my kids noticed and commented on how much they liked it...that says a lot considering I have one teenager and 3 younger than that...let's just say most children are a little self absorbed at this stage :)
The chandelier went up in a short amount of time with minimum help from me. We are very happy with the light it gives off, not in your face bright, but with the dimmer switch you can really brighten up the entire room if you want. Love the way it looks.
I love this chandelier! The price is very good and it seems to be good quality and well built. Only down side is it dosent hang exactly how I put it. Maybe the ceiling is uneven?? Also I have 9ft ceiling and the chain is perfect length. You will not be disappointed!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Looks great in our brick & timber city loft above the dining table. Couldn't be happier. Easy to assemble, took two people to install and a couple of ladders (our ceilings are quite high so we used one person on a shorter ladder to hold while the other installed). It would have been more complicated if we weren't replacing an existing light fixture.
Really nice light at this price. Throws off tons of beige/peachish light with 8 - 60w bulbs. Very happy with this light fixture.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Black is Black
- How is the quality of the product? Not Bad
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I hung this fixture today. You get what you pay for. Its pretty easy to hang but unless you have tiny hands good luck putting the glass pillars on. They don't fit quite right and are hard to get on straight. Also, its hard to get bulbs in. Hanging up it looks nice but when it comes time to dust it or change bulbs im going to regret getting it. I gave it 2 stars because although its cheaply made it looks nice hanging there.
I wanted something to go over a long farm table with benches that would stay with the style, but not get too old-timey and matchy. The linear quality mixed with the lantern look really works. I think it'd go with a variety of different looks. We have an arts and crafts style home and it works in here.
Love this light! If you have experience in electrical it is no harder to hang than your average light; although an extra person is helpful. Also, I do not believe 'man hands' would fit inside of the glass shades to screw in the shade holder or the bulbs. If your bulbs are brighter (60watt) the shades are more cream than yellow. At this time I do not have a dimmer switch, but the shades are so much prettier with a lower watt bulb, that I will be installing the dimmer switch. Note: energy saver bulbs cannot be used with a dimmer. Iron work is true black color. Have had lots of compliments!