First, the product itself takes up more room than indicated from front to back. I needed it for a small space so I measured everything before I ordered. The location where it was intended is in front of a door, which I now cannot close all the way....thanks to this useless piece. Also, please note that this is not a bookcase, it is just for decorative pieces. The sides cannot hold books. It is also so narrow that you can barely put two items on it per shelf. Totally not worth buying this. Finally, the instructions to put this together were horrible. The illustrations weren't clear about which screws they were talking about. This took too long to put together....thanks to those instructions. Otherwise, with clearer instructions, this would have taken a little less time....like an hour less! On another note, the delivery was terrible. My box was mashed and the screws were all over the box. One of them was "hammered" into one of the wooden pieces. But worse of all, the two bottom pieces (the stand) were broken, and one of the shelf pieces was missing a drilled hole (which sustained the shelf). So, I have a flimsy useless shelf. I obviously ordered this because I don't have a car to buy it at a store and bring it to my house. Now I have to contact Overstock and find out how I can return this awful piece without having to drop it off somewhere.
I bought this ladder bookshelf to help me control the cord mess that charging many electronic items can bring. The color was accurate, it was fairly easy to put together - the pictograms inthe instructions could have been clearer - the difference between a dowel and screw thingee is very subtle in the instructions. I could put it together and it was a good size for what I'm using it for. I wouldn't put anything super heavy on it, but as 5 shelves for surge protectors, laptop, portable DVD player, phone, photo printer, e-reader, MP3 player, camera as they charge up its working well and looks much better than a big blob of cords.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. one ding, package was dinged pretty good by UPS
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate in size and color
The manufacture failed to make one of the holes needed for a screw. So now I have to get a drill, sucks!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's black, but needs a touch up on certain areas.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. You get what you pay for and the quality is not worth more then the $115 I paid.
I was really excited to get this book shelf until I opened the package. The directions were not in English nor were the diagrams clear. I have assembled a lot of furniture (Ikea, Target, etc.) and this one was definitely the hardest to follow. Once together, the shelves were still a bit wiggly and two of the cam locks broke with a minimum amount of torque. I didn't consider it to be worth what I paid for it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality.
The directions are in what looks to be chinese. There aren't specific instructions or illustrations about the placement of the shelves, so initially I put some of them in correctly and some backwards. The screws heads stripped as soon as I began to screw them in, they had to be finished with pliers (I should have stopped right then!) Some of the metal fasteners broke when I started turning them and the ones that didn't break bent and stick out funny. The finished product (an hour and a half later) does indeed look like the picture. It looks very nice and it is pretty (that is why I rated it FAIR and not POOR), but I am very worried about actually putting anything on the shelves. I am so disappointed in this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ther color was exactly what I thought it would be.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very poor for the money spent.
The item was just as described in the listing. Also pretty easy to put together and quite sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent description
The shelf was not very good quality. It is flimsy, and not the nicest piece of furniture. Thankfully we just wanted it to go in a corner where it wouldn't be noticed very much. We were just disappointed with the price. Most Overstock items are priced well for the quality, but this is one item we were not happy with the price of.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality not the best!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was ok.
Just got this delivered today. I had been wanting this forever when it was selling at ****. But it was so expensive with ****, I just decided to wait until it went into final clearance price there. But I waited too long, and by the time I noticed it had already been discontinued there. I didn't think I'd ever find one used on Craigslist or something, but then I happened to get directed by someone that Overstock now was selling these. They had limited supply, so I jump on it quickly as not to miss what might be my last chance to final get one of these. Anyway, like I said, just got it today. I put it together in under an hour. I don't know why some of you had so much trouble with the assembly instructions for this. I thought it was relatively straight forward and easy to put together. You just had to pay attention to each step. I always lay out all the pieces and all the screws and such before hand, and review the instructions so as to have an idea of what I need to do before hand. If you were paying good attentions to things, you could have mixed up the selves - which stagger - but they are marked with letter stickers so you know which is which,.... but as we all know, many times people don't pay attention to all the details when putting things together. Perhaps the instructions could have been even more detailed, but I don't think they needed to be. My only beef with this is that not all the self pieces fit 100% sturdy. A couple of selves wobble a little bit. But nothing major. But I guess when dealing with a mass production self-assemble piece like this, there are bound to be some imperfections with the fittings. I would just avoid putting anything too heavy on these shelves... A few books is fine, but I am using this as mainly a decorative piece anyway, so have a view small vases, and cool stainless steel old style alarm clock to put on it...etc And a few candles for those romantic times... ;) But love the way the piece looks in my apartment. I had always wanted it for my bedroom, and that is where I have put it. But I was also testing it in different locations in my living too, and I love it out there too. I am actually now thinking about buying another one - if there are any left...haha
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'd give it four stars for quality. There were some imperfects with the way it all fit together, but I guess that is to be expected with self-assemble items like this.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This shelf looks great and fits exactly in the space I've measured out for it. I'm using 3 shelves for books and the remaining 2 for decorations.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The place I wanted to place this piece of furniture didn't go well as I thought. Although, I found another place where I can make it work and it looks great. I love this piece!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate