We have had these stools for a few weeks now and I am very pleased with them. They are sturdy (my 200 lb. husband put them through his wobble test and they passed). What impressed us the most is the comfort of the bi-cast/pleather padded seat. We checked all of the box stores for similar saddle bar stools and found most to be less expensive though wobbled and were of poor quality. We ordered these, hesitantly as we did not have a chance to test them out before buying, though in the end we are very happy with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate - the wood is a very dark (nearly black) cappuccino and the seat is black pleather
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The stools are a perfect addition to our newly renovated kitchen, however, after only 2 weeks the seams of only one of the cushions is separating and it looks horrible. The size of the stools is perfect and fits just great under our counter and they are comfortable to boot. I think it was just a fluke that this happened... hoping to get a new cushion to replace it because we love the way these stools look.
- How is the quality of the product? Fair - the seams on one of the cushions is coming apart after only 2 weeks.
Chairs are just as described - very good quality - easy to assemble. Use them daily for a month now and are very pleased. Only reason I omitted the 5th star rating was because the floor protectors on the bottom of the chairs were not aligned properly and I had to take them off. I ended up using something better to protect my wood floors anyway - and I think where the chairs attach to the seat should be marked and not left to guesswork but still easy to figure out.
Quality and color of the stools match the online description; however the hardware to put them together was not the best. The screws to attach the seat to the base were too short and we needed to purchase larger screws at a local hardware store. The wooden covers to cover the screws on the legs continually pop off and needed to be glued in placed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. overall quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We received order in good secure packing. My husband was able to easily assemble quickly. Perfect size and fit for our counter. Nice looking, comfortable sitting and good for posture! For first time ordering with Overstock, impressed. Thank you
Putting the leather stool seat on was a stab in the dark. I would suggest having markings so we know where to place the seat. Overall they look great, were easy to put together and I am very satisfied with the product and the shipping. Thank you!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Unfortunately this purchase fits "you get what you pay for." The first time I ordered them, they came damaged. Overstock was great about shipping out a new order, but they're still not great. A little cheap looking and wobbly; even after tightening all the way.
These looked good in my kitchen and I was happy with them but just a month or so after purchase they started to rip around the seem on the seats. I purchased four. All four ripped. I ended up replacing them before a year expired. I would not recommend.