I have owned about a million vacuum cleaners, this is the best one I have ever owned. I have a cat that sheds like it has a disease or something, WHITE HAIR EVERYWHERE, and I have red couches and dark carpet, hair all over the place drives me crazy. My supposed "cat hair lifting vacuum" wasnt cutting it, I had to use one of those tape roll lift off things also, and some hair was embedded in the carpet. This vacuum sucked it all up! Yes, the container fills up quickly, but it is FULL of hair and dirt-disgusting! It picks up everything. A normal living room and couch/loveseat, you may have to empty the container twice if you have an animal. But all the hair is gone. I have had the vacuum for over a year, use it probably every other day, it has never lost power, it got clogged once in the hose, but was easy to take the hose off and clean it out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
There was some minor assembly required, but took less that five minutes. The machine is a bit heavy, but still manageable. I had vacuumed a couple of days before I got this one. I did the rugs again. Glad I was alone! It was embrassing the amount of dirt and pet hair it pick up off of what I thought was a clean rug ! This was an excellent purchase ! I use it 2-3 times weekly. The only problems I've noticed is that it is difficult to transition from floor to rug. The dirt container is small and has to be emptied often during a long cleaning session.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This vacuum has worked like the manufacturer said it would.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
The only complaint I have on this machine is it is very light compared to my old vacuum. I used to be able to use the attachments a bit aggresively without tipping the vacuum over. Now this new one, although it's MUCH better at sucking things up, falls over constantly every time I try to use the attachments. I guess I'll get used to it.
Got tired of paying high prices for vacuums so I tried this one. Used my money back with Overstock (hooray!) and saved a lot. This vacuum works as well or better than the higher priced ones I have purchased in the past. I do recommend it.
I bought this last winter and it didn't even last one year. I have two dogs and a lot of dog hair. The hair and dirt would get sucked into the bucket but i had to empty it every five minutes otherwise it would overflow and get caught up higher in the machine. When this happens you have to dig it out and end up spilling everything you have just vacuumed out on to the floor. After having to take apart the filters and the dirt bucket to clean the machine it several times it started making a weird noise and the light went off and then the whole machine would not turn back on. Also this machine never had good suction especially on the hoses. Also for anyone with hardwood floors and rugs this vacuum would not go from floor to rug with out having to pick the entire thing up to lift it onto the rugs. Quite a pain in the back. I would not buy another Bissell nor recommend one to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. worst vacuum I have ever had
I love this vacuum it is everything it claims! It even removed pet hair embedded on my husbands speakers! And I have recommended to a friend she is expecting hers in a few days. and it only took two or three days after ordering to get here
I still have the red model- use it to vacuum autos. But it still works- just not as strong after all these years. I also have a dyson- for the money it is a dissappointment!! So for a LOT LESS I bought the BISSELL LIFT-OFF and am completely happy with my purchase!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a great vacuum. I have the Red model that I've have for at least 10 years and it still works!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
It's a little heavy but makes up for that by doing a great job! I wish it held more because it picks up more you have to empty it more. LOL The only thing I don't like it the electrical cord needs to have a way to keep it out of the way, it's placement guarantees that you run over it unless you hold it out of the way. A clip/hook mounted up on the handle would fix that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. awesome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
i read a review stating that her new bissell vacuum out-shined her friend's dyson and that alone sold me. i could not agree more with her statement. had a dyson - and it fails in comparison to the bissell. this thing has so many attachments - especially love the pet fur brush. and the price was unbeatable. i have everything from shag area rugs to microfiber couches and everything in between. it works like a dream. canister removal is super easy and the back pack option i never thought i'd use - ended up using that the most. thank you previous reviewer - you sold me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This vacuum rocks, way better than my dyson and a fraction of the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
While not really in the market for a new vacuum, I began reading about all the features of this Bissell unit. Having three pets that leave their fur throughout our home, I wondered if this unit could help our cleaning lady with this weekly task. Well... she LOVES it! Not only is the unit great on my new, thick wool rug, but there is a canister which can be removed from the upright unit. This feature is fabulous! Our cleaning lady can now simply attach the on-board tools to the canister and run them over the furniture, easily removing the fur as she goes! The best part for me is not having to keep a supply of vacuum bags on hand! We can see all the dirt and fur this unit collects each time our home is cleaned. It is a great machine which is being sold at a superior price point. You won't be disappointed in this unit!
While I would love to say this is the greatest vacuum I've ever owned; I cannot. After an uneventful assemble I began to try out the unit and was impressed not only by the amount of cat hair and other debris it removed from my carpets, but also how well the portable power brush worked on my stairs and couches. If only this would have continued. A few days later I again did my house cleaning and while the vacuum still seemed to pick up quite a bit, the power brush stopped spinning and I had to aggressively scrape it against my carpeted stairs in order to vacuum them. In addition, much of the dirt collected now resides in the see through filter directly above the collection bin. Even after unscrewing the filter and cleaning everything out, it quickly refills. I gave this three stars as I do still see it picks up a great deal from the carpets, although not necessarily into where it should and that the power brush attachment is now solely used as a decoration on the front as it doesn't work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We needed a vaccum that would pick up all of the dog hair and this one does. The dog hair adapter is fantastic, easy to use and great to use on the staircase. Overall the vaccum has high suction and super easy to empty. Extremely happy and great value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
First off, I would like to express my disappointment that this item is NOT MADE IN THE USA, as the website led me to believe. Overall, I am happy with the purchase and feel that it is a good value for the price. It sucked up an embarrassing amount of "stuff" from my area rugs (I'd been without a vacuum cleaner for awhile) and I don't even have pets. (I leave my windows open quite often and I think some of it was pollen.) I also used the attachment on my (light colored) furniture and it did a great job. On the negative side, it is rather heavy and cumbersome and you have to lift it to transition from floor to rug. Lastly, the pet hair attachment stopped working the first day I used it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not entirely accurate.
When I used this product for the first time, I was freaked out and disgusted by how much dirt and hair came up. I though my Oreck was taking care of the job.This vacuum is far superior and I love it. Good suction, not too loud, easy to clean. A little cumbersome, but so worth it. Tools really work!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
This vacuum cleaner is an excellent purchase and I'm totally satisfied with it. The quality, the reviews, the price and the fact that it's American made sold me on the product. I chose it because it can be used as a canister vac for hard to reach places (like stairs) and is very easy to work with. If you want a decent vacuum cleaner which pretty much does everything you need, I highly recommend this Bissell.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match but not important
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality vacuum cleaner.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate and thorough and sold me on the machine.
Had this vacuum for less then a year, and had to buy replacement parts already. Then after about 2 weeks with the new parts, the vacuum has failed to preform its job. I have replaced it with a shark. I have 2 large dogs, and vacuum daily. I need a vacuum that has good suction, and is light weight, and the Bissell failed. Would not recommend to friend.