My home was built in 1953, and is all hardwood floors. I can zoom this little guy from room to room without a problem (could use a longer cord). I love the telescoping part of the wand..it makes cleaning a lot easier on my back. It has great suction for hardwood, I wish it had a rotating brush for carpets though. Great vacuum for the price!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, as always from Bissell
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent description!!
This vacuum is great! It looks just like the picture...which is awesome because this is a nice looking vaccuum. It works great on wood floors AND carpets. You have to take a little more time on the carpets I think but it cleans up everything. I love how organized the tools are and how easy it is to change the canister.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great Description
This vacuum cleaner is just what I wanted. I needed one that was light weight and efficient. It does exactly what it was advertised to do and it's light weight enough that I can use it without getting a sore back. Thank you!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as depicted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's impressive and just what I'd hoped for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It's everything it was advertised to be.
We have been looking for a vacuum that could do both rugs and wood (we have lots of it) and this is the first one that we have used that is excellent on both. I like the adjustable suction and the attachments work well. The size is perfect for my small NY closet and the retractable cord is a great feature (I hate to twist cords back). The only negative thing I can say about this machine is that I did not buy it years ago.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product is actually better looking than the ad
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
I did research different little vacuums before purchasing this one. I was so excited to get it and use it. The suction seemed like it was going to be really good because it has a strong suction, it just didn't last. I literally used it three times and the suction is terrible already. I clean houses and have used many different little vacuums prior to this one, and I have never been so unhappy with a little vacuum. In the first house I used it in, I got half-ways done vacuuming the hard floors and it shut off and wouldn't turn back on. It wasn't a blown fuse, it was the vacuum overheated. I didn't even use it for 30 minutes before this happened. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. There are many other vacuums out there that actually work.
With a newish allergy to most/venomous arthropods, including the microscopic ones, my vacuum cleaners get put through their paces at least daily. The Opticlean held promise: the size is moderate, manageable. The cord retracts: makes for crazy convenient cord-cleaning, through a surface wipe on its way back onto the reel. The mechanism is pretty flawless. Never failed. You can drag the machine up and down concrete garage stairs by its hose and it will follow happily along. The thing has guts. Thing is, it spills them every time you use it. The dust cup is an obscene design snafu wrought by a team of folks who've never ever cleaned a home before. The dust cups' flaws are many, each fatal. The first emptying may have you consulting the user's manual. Then gawking, muttering, cursing, groaning in disbelief that the crap you just spent money and labor eradicating from your home, at many times an arm's length, allowing for easy-ish removal of, say, tiger moth or carpet beetle larvae from your baseboards and ceilings with not too much risk of [if you're me] eye injury or contact dermatitis, and the loss of pride in the purchase that is about to deny any future business you might have brought to its maker. Emptying the dust up takes something like 6 steps, all require use of both hands, and direct intimate engagement with the [potentially deadly, guaranteed Pigpen-style redistributed] debris. Open the main canister, and find a clear brittle curved-channel-laden other canister. The machine won't run if that canister is not placed just so, and just so is hard to achieve when the thick weatherstrip falls away from its component parts, around use 3... But before that happens, you'll have to lift the canister out, set it on something solid, and apply some force to a latch on its front. It will then fall open to something like a gaping maw, forcing confrontation with the stuff you vacuumed up. Nice. Nicer is the next step: using both hands, you must either fake a hinge opposite that latch or growl a little louder as the cup falls apart into two components;either way, you will now get to wait for the cloud of dust and whatnot to settle. Then you get to use one of those hands to fish out the larger-than-a-mcron debris now trapped in the curved channels. These are not accessible except by probing finger. This is b*llsh%t. I had to ask a friend to empty the dust cup on my third warranty-replaced unit, one day, after sucking up a couple tiger moth caterpillars. They're huge, black, cobra-like when distressed. I cowered in another room while he fumbled with the machine a while, after which he had to o home and shower. It wasn't til the next morningn I realized he'd thrown the dust cup away with the dust. Caterpillars spooked him, too. Outrage at removal of this key component of this critical tool, which I'd paid too much for, turned to gratitude when I altered the main compartment to accomodate vacuum bags. Then I ditched the telescoping, floor-gouging, steel attachment tube with the plastic version from a shop vac, applied btter adhesive and swankier weatherstrip, and figured I was in business. Not so much. I might have compromised on suction to more easily dispose of [vacuum bags vs. debris], but the filters presented their own motor-overclocking suite of problems. The power, maneuverability, and super-useful luxury feautures like adjustanle suction are all out of proportion with each other attribute, and each of those with the ridiculous trials of dust cup emptying. This machine should be a simple elegant implement for success. Instead, it fails miserably to suck. Even with a replacement warranty, the thing can become a burden.
The Bissell Bagless Opticlean is a fantastic vacuum! I have always preferred a canister style for vacuuming due to versatility and ease and this vacuum does NOT disappoint! All the attachments are easy to use and storing the unit is great because it is compact! I love my new vacuum! When I ever need a vacuum in the future, it will definitely be another Bissell!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The vacuum was true to it's picture! The blue is so pretty, even my husband likes it!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This vacuum is so efficient and easy to use! The power and thoroughness of it's action makes housecleaning even faster & easrier!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was on target! I was excited about it before it came and I was NOT disappointed!
the bissell works great and the price was better than the local stores.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Vacuum works well but cord needs to be about 10 feet longer. to short
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far its good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Bought this for my mom, she had bought another brand only for it to break on the first try, soooooooo, I have had good luck with Overstock, and checked out all the models they have, finally settled on this one, and it`s very good, easy to use and great suction!
Awesome Vacuum! I would recommend this to anyone with pets. The suction is excellent and you can adjust it. I will use Bissell from now on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was what I had expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome Quality. Sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I bought this vacuum for our trailer because it is quite compact and I thought it would fit perfectly in our storage compartment. I was right, it is a perfect fit and the attachments fit along perfectly as well. I have used it so much on our two week camping trip (more than I'd like actually) but I love it! It is exactly what I wanted/needed and am so glad it worked out! Well worth the money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It has great suction and moves around smoothly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it does exactly what it says
I bought this vacuum after reading the reviews. More people liked it, then didn't. I should have listened to the didn'ts. It worked okay for a little while and then the suction quick. Air is coming out of the hose where it connects and it won't tighten. I have only had it for 6 months and it is close to worthless. I don't think I will buy another one online because I can only get a partial refund. What a waste of my hard earned money.