I knew I was not paying for a high quality product but it's amazing that $$$ (or thereabouts) doesn't pay for much these days and this is no exception. I have a 17 year old Oreck that works just as well but I bought this because the Oreck standup vacuum broke at the pole where the metal and plastic meet in the middle. I can still vacuum but have to hold the lower end of the vacuum. The advantage of the Bissell is the ability to reach under couches and dressers that a regular standup cannot. It's ability to pick up pet hair is average; my Oreck does just as well. The 'enhancement' advertised for Bissell is nothing more than a fabric pad similar to the pet hair removers you can buy at the store for $$$. Run it one way it picks up hair--run the other and the hair slides back off. I need to run the vacuum over the hair several times as it slides off and then gets picked up again but fails to be sucked up by the cleaner. The canister is not large but works well; I have a large dog and cat and need to change the canister every two cleanings but I'm fine with that as I'm saving on the bags. Finally, there is a 5" black cylindrical attachment (ridiculous) that you have to use to attach the various brushes to the vacuum. Well, I lost this attachment so have three useless implements and cannot use the cleaner to clean my couch, pillows, etc. Seems that they would design the attachments to be placed directly onto the pole end. I am going to try to get at least 3 years out of this 'investment' until I can afford a better quality machine. However, I will have to do alot more research because from what I've read, paying more does not necessarily mean better quality (re: Dyson).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap plastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acceptable
Although at first I thought the vacuum head seemed cheap, I soon discovered that I just wasn't used to the lite weight of it. The lite weight actually turned out to be a plus!! It is easy to use and it can get into tight spaces. I have a dog that sheds more then any I have seen and this vacuum does a terrific job picking up the hair off of the tile floors. The canister is a bit small but this does make it easy to empty. It's a nice feature to be able to adjust the suction and I like having a retractable cord. So far this has been a great vacuum.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I found the vacuum to be just as described.
I love this vacuum. I have never had a vacuum that can pick up my animal hair. We have a german shepherd and he sheds all the time!!! We also have 3 cats. This vacuum actually picks up the hair and doesn't just move it around. I have friends who have gotten the dyson pet vacuum and it does not work as well has this one does. I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone with animals!
It works great on hard floors, not so good on carpets. No beater bar, so it leaves a lot to be desired on carpet. I would reccommend it to a friend for pet hair on hard floors, hardwood, tile, linoleum, etc. Good on furniture too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I bought this vacuum for pet hair and was pleased with how it worked on the floors & carpet...the pet tools were included, but not the adaptor. I was told one was being sent when I called. alas Overstock does not carry "Pet Tool Adaptor" if I wish to use the " additional pet accessory tools that make cleaning your whole home; including pet hair, stairs, and upholstery easy." - I need to got Bissell and buy an adaptor. So beware. You are forewarned.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Did not mention the Pet Tool Adaptor is not included.
I retired my thirteen year old vacuum cleaner recently. I was specifically looking for a good compact cleaner to work on several different surfaces. This little vacuum is a real dynamo! I am very please with my purchase! It comes with many attachments and the wand is adjustable to fit short and tall people. The only down side is the size of the waste container. I have to empty it several times while cleaning. I am sure over time that wont be as necessary since it will eventually pick up all of the dust in all of the cracks and crevices in the floor. I would recommend this to all of my friends!
MADE IN USA!! Very nice vacuum with great features like cord rewind and smooth easy rolling wheels. Love the bagless feature, we don't have carpets so the pet hair lint brush wont get tested by us. It is awesome on the bare floors though. Consumer reports left the affordable vacuums off their list this year, so we are on our own in this price range. You will like it!
The vacuum is light weight with decent suction. I love the retractable cord and it is quite quiet. It cleans the dog hair off of the hard wood nicely. It is good on carpets too. I wish that it had an agitating brush, but the flip up lint brush does a good job of collecting the hair. For the price, it is definitely a decent product.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This vacuum was marketed this item to be a great house vacuum, as well as pet hair vacuum. It is cheap and hardly picks up anything. I just got it and I am not satisfied with it. I guess if you are looking to vacuum out your car and have a pet it it okay for that. I did my house and car and only thought the gadgets were designed nicely, but not enough suction for sure. The vacuum looks nice, but who cares....it has to work!
I am sending this item back as I have given it a fair trial and I feel that it is highly over-priced !!! I bought the extra warrantee and have asked for a refund. For someone with a VERY small area and one animal it may be aright, but, as I said, HIGHLY over priced. It is nothing but a straight suction machine with cheaply made attachments. I did like the ability to get under furniture, and it did ok on my bare floor only.
I had a Bissell product years ago and loved it, so on that merit bought this vacuum. The suction is great,it's easy to move around and a snap to empty the cannister. Handle with care on the plastic parts, and be sure to read the manual before using it. Would recommend this vacuum to anyone-A good product for the money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I have nothing against this vacuum, it's just not quite what I expected. If you're looking for a vacuum that picks up pet hair, THIS is an excellent choice. If your looking to vacuum your whole home while picking up pet hair, you might want to look elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, it does an excellent job of getting the pet hair up, but the dirt cup is rather small, and the whole product just has a chintzy feeling about it. Had I seen this in person, I still would have bought it as a quick pickup cleaner, but I would have bought a second, heavier duty vacuum with a beater bar head for whole house cleaning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I didn't pay attention to the color. It looked great, though.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It works very well, but it feels flimsy and cheap.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent.
vaccum does the job , but it made cheap, such a cheap plastic cover, hope it holds, but i guess it worth for the price, in all not bad vacuum.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap plastic, hope it holds
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The vaccuum does what I want it to do. Our dog really sheds alot and it does a great job picking up dog hair. It's built a little cheaply but for the price, what do you expect. It would be nice if the hose was a little longer but other than that it's a good product.
Easy, compact machine. Does a great job w/the dog hair. meets all my needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I purchased my van about a week ago, used it once and Overstock wants me to write a review. Here goes: In all honesty its much too early to draw any conclusions about this product other than to say Overstock's price was competitive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. haven't used it enough to draw any conclusions
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good